• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Freedom Planet: 2D Sonic-Inspired Indie Platformer

Sorry, but nope. Not yet.

*Edit* Ninja'd!

Did you ever get past Battle Glacier as Milla?

I am struggling on Jade Creek with Milla because of Serpentine.

I got bodied when I went Lilac and its on hard with Milla, Im asking to get wrecked lol
I think the mini-boss has the same pattern on hard and I think its one of those bosses that counts hits and not damage output, so mini-shield bursts over super beam.

Last edited:
Serpentine isnt very hard with Milla.
The super beam almost always floors him.
Thanks. I was under the assumption that have to hold the block button and the shield button to do that attack instead of just pressing the shield button while holding the block.

Reactions: Redblaze27
Thanks. I was under the assumption that have to hold the block button and the shield button to do that attack instead of just pressing the shield button while holding the block.
Yeah, its not that awkward to pull off.

Omigod I finally have the Freedom Planet OST. That shit is brilliant, man. I'm in love. Sky Battalion is so beautiful.
GIMME UH' BEEEAAAT!

tumblr_mzkgdmv3eB1se7ab0o4_r2_400.gif

I just beat Milla's Classic Mode with 56-59 deaths. For me, it took some getting use to when fighting the bosses near the end.

I'd Argue the Battle Glacier boss. That's what claimed most of my lives.
On a second thought, you are right on that one. I was juggling between trying to recover lost health and hitting him.

lol no i meant easy normal or hard.
Ooooh! My mistake. I meant Normal.

I didn't realize my only post is about Sonic Fan Game Headquarters.

This game legitimately made me cry (Final Dreadnought R3), and hits every fiber of my soul in many ways. I am tempted to make a large bullet list about it, but the general jist is that this game, as a Sonic The Hedgehog fan, is basically what I've wanted from Sonic team since uh, about, round the time Sonic 2006 was announced?

Beat Carol story on hard, 80 deaths, 246:**.** (?) runtime total, running through Liliac's on normal and then Milla's.

edit
Hey look reasons why I think this game is cool come look:
  • Having an in-game attract sequence.
  • Having an in-game story mode using gameplay.
  • Having a keybinding menu with keyboard + joystick and letting you remap your cardinal directions
  • Having more than 3 save files.
  • Giving you the option to choose between an Adventure mode with dialogue, or Classic mode without.
  • Transitions in levels change the tone of the music (Sonic 3 and Knuckles did this whenever you defeated a mid-boss, same rules apply, if not for some particular stage event)
  • Special attacks have invincibilities; Each character has useful normals that don't cost a resource but have some sort of property that makes them not a go-to option that isn't your stand attack
  • Somehow, they worked in the concept of Rooms from Megaman. That's pretty fucking awesome (Relic Maze)
  • Character specific stages that don't suck.
  • Carol has an actual resource that justifies her weak combat skills
  • Lilac has an actual resource that justifies her poor movement speed
  • Milla is cool as HELL.
  • Dragon Valley R1 has the same stage gimmick as Lava Reef Zone Act 1 (Corkscrew section that you must run or roll through)
  • Dragon Valley R2 has the same stage gimmick as Lava Reef Zone Act 1 (Bridge-destroying boulder)
  • Relic Maze R1 has the same gimmick as Sandopolis Act 2 and Flying Battery Zone Act 1 but doesn't suck (Scaffolding that you can hang on, but is also a functioning switch or happens to move to another section of the level)
  • Relic Maze R2 has practically the same level transition as Lava Reef Act 1 to Lava Reef Act 2.
  • Relic Maze R2 has several shoutouts to Sonic 3 and Knuckles as a whole
    • Large moving sections of rock
    • Tile-destroying objects (Drills)
    • Gems that activate larger orbs ( Sky Sanctuary Orbs )
  • Fortune Night R1 has stop lights, holy crap
  • Fortune Night R1 has those crazy bezier curve bridges
  • Fortune Night R1 has the same mid-boss as Carnival Night Act 1
  • Fortune Night R2 has a boogie section
  • Fortune Night R2 has a neat easter egg relating to bathrooms
  • Fortune Night R2's alternate boss is pretty goddamn rad
  • Fortune Night R2's boss is basically Gunstar Green's Tiger Force (?)
  • Sky Battalion is a not-shitty version of Sonic 2's Sky Chase
  • Sky Battalion has the coolest way to do a hub zone level ever.
  • Thermal Base has a keycard mechanic. wow.
  • Thermal Base R1's boss uses the same sound effect as Lava Reef Act 1's boss
  • Thermal Base R2 has a few level-design cues similar to Wacky Workbench
  • Trap Hideout. Just Trap Hideout
  • The Shoot-Em-Up into Battle Glacier is super rad
  • Oh my GOD BATTLE GLACIER'S TWEENING PLATFORMS IS THE BEST HOLY CHRIST HOW DO YOU DO THAT.
  • Final Dreadnought R1 has the coolest things in the world
  • Final Dreadnought R1's boss is basically Seven Force
  • Final Dreadnought R2's boss is basically Gunstar Orange (?)
  • Final Dreadnought R2's boss is kind of the most saddest thing in the world
  • Final Dreadnought R4's boss has an actual way to tell how much damage you need to deal throughout the fight
  • Each boss in the game either has a checkpoint near them, or actually tracks your progress for any phase they go through.
  • You don't necessarily need to touch an enemy for it to hurt you.
What does suck about the game is uh
  • I have absolutely no idea what each shield does at first glance, and even then, some immunities largely make no sense.
  • The difficulty curve, right about from Thermal Base increases dramatically, almost to the point of making no sense
  • Final Dreadnought as a whole has nintendo-hard written all over it.
  • Final Dreadnought R3 was quite confusing at first
  • Final Dreadnought R4's checkpoint before the boss... Why? I know WHY, but why not just have it just after this?
  • Trap Hideout's checking before the boss... Why?
  • Carol's Dash Attack is extremely risky for an ensured mortal hit, but it takes ~60% of Special to do the same, and around 4 hits of her regular attack to to the same mortal damage???
  • What in the hell does the white shield do
  • What is the point to having 5 elements for the bonus spheres
I loved it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redblaze27
  • Thermal Base R2 has a few level-design cues similar to Wacky Workbench
The only time I've ever seen Wacky Workbench listed close to a positive.

Reactions: drewski
The only time I've ever seen Wacky Workbench listed close to a positive.
Wacky Workbench in unjustly disliked.

I haven't touched Milla's classic mode yet because I wanna play the adventure mode first. Don't know if there's a word for that.

I haven't touched Milla's classic mode yet because I wanna play the adventure mode first. Don't know if there's a word for that.
I get what you mean, there are a few things you are thinking about that you want to see how its handled for Milla
AKA: End of Final Dreadnought 3 for Milla.

I started a Lets Play, let me know what you think:

Last edited:
What in the hell does the white shield do
Spike shield! It was actually a mechanic in a cool sonic fan game from a few years ago, which is the only reason I thought to try jumping on spikes.