• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

so far peacock has been giving me problems when they have assist with it.
like it becomes like a pure zoning game to me which fukua lacks compared to peacock :( any tips for double butt assist?
Fukuas fire ball super is a hard knockdown and you can use it to destroy all her projectiles and Fukua can cross the whole screen before she gets up. So you hit that and you get to be where Peacock doesn't want you to be. You can snap her out if you touch her too if she's that much of a problem.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Fukua is hands down the most obnoxious character in the game.

Stole it right from under Peacock.

Dat Love Dart, Dat Shadow Super, Dat J.hk. Dat Fireball.

Last edited:
Money match me

I actually thought about agreeing just for the fun of it, but I know you’re not the one I fought and I know how good you are. And I know you would record the match and use it to torment me to no end.

So... nope.

Fukuas fire ball super is a hard knockdown and you can use it to destroy all her projectiles and Fukua can cross the whole screen before she gets up. So you hit that and you get to be where Peacock doesn't want you to be. You can snap her out if you touch her too if she's that much of a problem.
ok. a follow up question. a smart peacock won't let me in like that. if they call in double butt she'll block it...though i get to damage double butt but problem is i'll get sniped with H bang....so are shadows even remotely effective?

I actually thought about agreeing just for the fun of it, but I know you’re not the one I fought and I know how good you are. And I know you would record the match and use it to torment me to no end.
So... nope.
It actually probably was mcpeanuts lol
He was doing that on stream.
Also mcpeanuts confirms for new ciscokid
You meanie.

It actually probably was mcpeanuts lol
He was doing that on stream.
Also mcpeanuts confirms for new ciscokid
You meanie.

Nah, I still don’t believe it. When did that stream happen? Is there an archive?

ok. a follow up question. a smart peacock won't let me in like that. if they call in double butt she'll block it...though i get to damage double butt but problem is i'll get sniped with H bang....so are shadows even remotely effective?
Lock out the assist. Just use LP or anything after they attack to lock it out, then during that period Peacock will have to either not use any attacks that she can't cancel to avoid the fireball super (no item drop, no George's) so you can easy approach, or she does one of those and you fireball reaction. To cross the stage.

And again, I ask myself why assholes like this even exist.
Here's a multiple choice answer. Choose wisely, because only one of these is true.

a) Noise Canceling (parry) in the air does not help you approach.
b) s.MK canceled into HP Brass Knuckles does not absorb the fireball and the assist, while reaching fullscreen.
c) HK Take The A-Train does not absorb the fireball and the assist to help punish Fukua.
d) You cannot stop assist Brass Knuckles with a c.HK.
e) Brass Knuckles is too fast to punish with c.HK, so you can't lock out the assist and stop his health regen.
f) Emergency Brake on armored rush punches won't absorb hits before the stop happens, or let you gain any ground.
g) You say you try, but what you mean by try is try once then complain instead of asking for help.

Did you choose the correct answer? The answer is in this spoiler!
Gotta love sarcasm. The true one is g), as you likely guessed. The truth is that if you approached this with a desire to learn instead of an attitude of "that guy is an asshole", maybe I wouldn't have gone out of my way to be a dick. I'm not that much of a dick, but seriously we are willing to help you IF YOU WANT OUR HELP.

Sarcasm aside, a/b/c/d/e/f are false, so there's some help even though you didn't really ask for it.

Last edited:
Here's a multiple choice answer. Choose wisely, because only one of these is true.

Don’t try being logical, you do realize I was salty, right?

Of course you’re right with everything you say, as are most people, but I’m too dumb/lazy to learn this game and a sore loser. That’s why I’m bad at games like that and that’s why I didn’t ask for help in the first place.

For me, playing styles like this are just evil, because I couldn’t bring myself to disrespect my enemy in such a way. I hate stuff like that to no end. Of course it works, that’s not my point, I simply despise it.

Of course you’re right with everything you say, as are most people, but I’m too dumb/lazy to learn this game and a sore loser. That’s why I’m bad at games like that and that’s why I didn’t ask for help in the first place.

For me, playing styles like this are just evil, because I couldn’t bring myself to disrespect my enemy in such a way. I hate stuff like that to no end. Of course it works, that’s not my point, I simply despise it.
man.......this is why when you beat zoners you tbag them furiously...like i do...sometimes.. the point is in fighting games realize ONE IMPORTANT THING

YOU

FUCKING

SUCK.

every player realizes this and then choose to A) stay where they're at.
B) get better ALA GIT GUD but how do you get git gud in Quickmatch? YOU CAN"T progess efficiently. just add the person and run a set with them and sooner or later you will figure it out.

Why? Respect?

That's just the thing. You don't need to show respect in a fighting game. And you don't need to respect anyone. If they keep not blocking low, are you going to hit them low? But that's disrespecting the other player! He obviously thinks low attacks are cheap, so you should stop doing them because you might hurt their feelings or they might not like you.

Well, I'm here to pull out the welcome mat and say "welcome to fighting games, where there's no reason to not do something that can win you games because if the opponent falls for it, it's on them and not you". We have cookies. And salty caramels made from tears.

I recommend the caramels.

So how about that Fukua guys.

I heard a rumor about japanese players finding something broken with Fukua. Any idea what it could be or if its even legit?

So how about that Fukua guys.

I heard a rumor about japanese players finding something broken with Fukua. Any idea what it could be or if its even legit?
It's just them thinking Fukua is Kokonoe. Which that she is not.

For me, playing styles like this are just evil, because I couldn’t bring myself to disrespect my enemy in such a way. I hate stuff like that to no end.
Oh Please.
Using tools in the game to win are never disrespectful to your enemy.
People like that do what they do because it works and you're not making them play differently. Zoning in Skullgirls isn't even easy, it's hard to win serious games with it alone. Also you play Solo Big Ban, one mistake and you can mash super and almost wipe out a duo, that's even worse online.
•_•

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Wait Fukua is a Zoner? mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn now thats why I am losing

For me, playing styles like this are just evil, because I couldn’t bring myself to disrespect my enemy in such a way.
For me, if we ever fight in quick match and you EVER hold back, you're disrespecting me. To me, that just shows that you're patronizing me and not giving your all.

There is no bigger hype killer than someone who refuses to throw or a Peacock that thinks it's Filia. Sure, Peacocks can be aggressive but they need to set up their approach. And yes, that means spamming a couple projectiles and/or calling an assist. There is nothing shameful about using the tools you have in order to win.

Let me reiterate for emphasis.

There is nothing shameful about using the tools you have in order to win.

No one is going to blame you because they got hit by HK Giant Step and you did HP Brass Knuckles and canceled into Supersonic Jazz for like 50% health. It's a slow, telegraphed move. It can be easily avoided. If they got hit, they didn't read your move. It's on them.

If you get hate mail, laugh. Because once you get to the point where you start using everything YOU'RE FREE FROM THE TYRANNY OF THE MADE UP RULES IN YOUR HEAD. And then you can finally enjoy a fighting game.

Last edited:
For me, if we ever fight in quick match and you EVER hold back, you're disrespecting me. To me, that just shows that you're patronizing me and not giving your all.

There is no bigger hype killer than someone who refuses to throw or a Peacock that thinks it's Filia. Sure, Peacocks can be aggressive but they need to set up their approach. And yes, that means spamming a couple projectiles and/or calling an assist. There is nothing shameful about using the tools you have in order to win.

Let me reiterate for emphasis.

There is nothing shameful about using the tools you have in order to win.
Then why you get mad when i mash super? esdMikez

Then why you get mad when i mash super? esdMikez
I get mad because I can't get mad.

Criss cross.

Lol its funny this is still a conversation. Guy is obviously salty, and doens't care if he gets better. So why care enough to respond.

I think anyone who has taken the time to seriously play fukua can see she is good but not broken in anyway and her zoning game contains some holes and is no where near as obnoxious as you can be with peacock.

Unless of course SECRET JAP TECH.

WYL Detective Q vs McPeanuts. Time to show why players who use all the tools available to a character are scrubs.

Seriously though, when you have a problem with constant assist calls, punish the assist. Aiming to kill the assist before the point is a valid strategy as well.

^someone can't handle da resets. lolol

She is kinda braindead lol. I suggest only one HK per combo whereas it will bring them to the ground once. Now she gets air love dart swag combos <3

Reactions: Dime
She is kinda braindead lol. I suggest only one HK per combo whereas it will bring them to the ground once. Now she gets air love dart swag combos <3

Do these do damage?

HIT UP A FELLOW MEMBER OF TEAM #YUNG

Do these do damage?

HIT UP A FELLOW MEMBER OF TEAM #YUNG
Whenever i get on ps3 ill show you the true meaning of #swag

Reactions: keninblack
MMDS is already dooming us all who just want to play her. Leave Fukua alone for a while, you guys can't be THAT bad versus her? #Kappa

Much love to MMDS though!

You need to read Set Killian's Domination 101 articles. Like, right now, actually.

http://insomnia.ac/commentary/domination_101/on_cheapness/

You are exhibiting multiple characteristics shown in this article, especially when you start creating your own honour code...

You need to get past this to let yourself improve.

You need to read Set Killian's Domination 101 articles. Like, right now, actually.

http://insomnia.ac/commentary/domination_101/on_cheapness/

You are exhibiting multiple characteristics shown in this article, especially when you start creating your own honour code...

You need to get past this to let yourself improve.

So many players need to read Killian's Domination 101 articles. It's not even funny. =/

Also, there's a rant thread for whining. Please don't bring it here in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: d3v
@Detective Q you know that parrying carries your aerial momentum, right? So if you jump forward and parry you'll still be moving forward and have to deal with it.

You're totally right, though. The best thing Skullgirls did was implement the Honor Gauge (the black portion of your lifebar that gets larger when you do honorable things). Mike Z was even kind enough to make it so that the match ends when you fill it all the way up!

You made me agree with Broken Loose Q, what are you doing.

How are Fukua players actually opening their opponents up? For me, it seems really difficult unless I get into command throw range or the opponent is scared, respecting shadows when they really shouldn't

When I came into this discussion, I did not expect to find something worthy of Shoryuken's Scrubquotes thread.

I'd like to say that I'm happily surprised.

How are Fukua players actually opening their opponents up? For me, it seems really difficult unless I get into command throw range or the opponent is scared, respecting shadows when they really shouldn't
Tossing in an overhead or low assist alongside shadows.

Assists certainly help, the only low assist I really ever use though is Squigly 2HP.

Usually I open the up by reading the approach and adjusting accordingly, use fireballs to limit approach options somewhat. Also frame trapping with chainable normals is helpful. Plus shadows yay.

I dont play her but it seems the exact same as any zoner:

you dont actually open your opponent up, they open themselves up for you via trying to get passed their zoning. Also, there is always the good ol low/throw mixup... Circa doubles opener since the beginning of time. She doesnt really seem like a hard open unless you are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I dont play her but it seems the exact same as any zoner:

you dont actually open your opponent up, they open themselves up for you via trying to get passed their zoning. Also, there is always the good ol low/throw mixup... Circa doubles opener since the beginning of time. She doesnt really seem like a hard open unless you are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

She is certainly a traditional zoner, yes. But she only gets reward from very very specific ranges and those ranges are mostly inside the range where she feels comfortable to be throwing stuff out from the ground.

Her shadows are massively + on block I like to go on the offensive when I get them to block one at that range (seems better than backing myself into the corner or taking a risk on standing my ground). Her pressure is nothing particularly special though, you basically need an assist to set up a mixup at all or to get a second string of pressure. To get inside throw range can be pretty tricky unless you get them to block a shadow really close or to manage to land a j.HK.

Double, by comparison, has a very consistent way of opening up her pressure game with j.HP and j.HP j.HK fastfalls. Her pressure game is also pretty fantastic even without an assist and reaches scary levels with one. Of course Double has no shadows or air fireballs so it is a difficult comparison to make really.

I have to get pretty creative with Fukua or use an assist to stay on top of my opponent. Or they could just continually pushblock my 2HP and take the shadows letting me get dumb pressure I shouldn't be getting, which some of my opponents are still doing.