• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

I like when the Fukua did J.hk
-> air fireball....

to J.HK -> Air fireball

from fullscreen ^_^

Why do people think Fukua's good? Everything people are doing as her just seem like gimmicks that won't really work after people get used to them.

well she is good but she's not I N C R E D I B L E

which is pretty cool. still super braindead character that's pretty boring to play against but it is what it is

I find her far from braindead. Sure she can just throw out fireballs, but she isn't getting much out of that and she isn't exactly locking anyone down and teleporting to gain stage positioning like Peacock. She is forced to go for something at some point and that is what I'm struggling to get a grips with using Fukua. Most of her "mixup" is as mentioned, pretty gimmicky. Her solid mixups require you to either empty jump or get your opponent at point blanc range, not blocking but at advantage.

Nah never commit or go for mix ups. Just do j.hk until they challenge you for some reason and then press 2 buttons for 8k!

Nah never commit or go for mix ups. Just do j.hk until they challenge you for some reason and then press 2 buttons for 8k!
Er, in the Big Band matchup only? j.HK whiffs everyone else?

Yes, I understand you were making a joke.

I mean like its a hard normal to challenge so you just jump and throw it out as a "hey come challenge my super incredible normal. It's all I have cmon you wana challenge this right???" then when/if they do you get 8k its gr8. of course having an assist makes your life significantly easier as a fukua player cuz you don't have to do this even though you should go for it anyways while no1 knows the mu

Reactions: Hilary
I find her far from braindead. Sure she can just throw out fireballs, but she isn't getting much out of that and she isn't exactly locking anyone down and teleporting to gain stage positioning like Peacock. She is forced to go for something at some point and that is what I'm struggling to get a grips with using Fukua. Most of her "mixup" is as mentioned, pretty gimmicky. Her solid mixups require you to either empty jump or get your opponent at point blanc range, not blocking but at advantage.

In sg i dont really believe in gimmicky mixup, with the exception of most burst baits. I dont play fukua and yes she does seem like a character that has "less" mixup options than others.. but the ones she has still look great. What i found in 10 minutes in training mode just now:

Her cr.lk is cancelable into itself for 2 hits. Thats an auto mixup between cr.lk xx command grab and cr.lkx2,cr.mk. Cr.lk also has like no pushback so cr.lkx2>throw is a thing. Her airthrow game looks weak until we see that its an untechable knockdown into a neutral double jump j.lp fireball oki Pushblockable but i digress, pressure in a nutshell. Her air to air game looks solid with zoning into dash j.hk xx j.hp pressure into ground mixups on block, combo on hit.

Approach grounded opponents with dash j.hk wiff xx j.lp fireball and follow it in for pressure. Sure opponent has to be "stupid" to stay on the ground... But then they give you j.hk and and airthrow.

And there was more but those are the obvious things that i found in 10 minutes. Also, cr.lk x2 doesnt get pushblocked out if the first attack was pushblocked...meaning opponent needs to wait...meaning wait time is a great time to grab. Grab is anti pushblock. As far as her getting pushblocked out... Start canceling into stuff.

As far as pushblocking is concerned, you have a multi hit jumpin j.mp. You have fastfalls with j.mp, j.mk and others. If you jump in with j.hk and cancel into lp fireball they cant pb the lp fireball (well the training dummy cant anyways) they have to wait, meaning you get waiting mixups (these work the exact same way as doubles fastfall mixups since the opponent has to wait to pushblock doubles 3 hit j.hp.

Idk... Some of this might not work.... Great... But its a zoner. She has you down a quarter health before you even get to her... Seems more than fair. I must admit id have an absolute field day with her grab game though. Shit is scary good. Doesnt look like a hard opener at all. Just like a limited opener... Which she should be since shes a zoner that forces damage on you before you ever even get the privilege of being mixed up by her. Also, have you tried her armor throw as an AA? It will be the goods man. Dont abuse it of course, but used once in a blue moon it will be great.

I mean like its a hard normal to challenge so you just jump and throw it out as a "hey come challenge my super incredible normal. It's all I have cmon you wana challenge this right???" then when/if they do you get 8k its gr8. of course having an assist makes your life significantly easier as a fukua player cuz you don't have to do this even though you should go for it anyways while no1 knows the mu
That's only gonna work for a little while, though. It's not like it hits overhead, as long as the other guy looks for an actual moment he can punish, instead of recklessly hitting buttons, I don't think that's really going to be such a great thing.
Her shadows are massively + on block I like to go on the offensive when I get them to block one at that range (seems better than backing myself into the corner or taking a risk on standing my ground). Her pressure is nothing particularly special though, you basically need an assist to set up a mixup at all or to get a second string of pressure. To get inside throw range can be pretty tricky unless you get them to block a shadow really close or to manage to land a j.HK.
Hey, I went in training mode for a second and found out how to setup a shadow. c.lk, s.mp, s.hk, qcb hk. Cancel the s.hk really early, and you're far enough away that you safely get a high attack. It's safe cause it avoids nearly every reversal in the game (including Daisy Pusher and MP bang). For the meterless ones you don't avoid (mp/hp Double butt), you can BFF, and other armored reversals (Brass Knuckles/LnL), you can either throw lk shadow or cancel into BFF (or lvl 3 or lvl 5). Every other Super reversal (except valentine's flatliner and Fukua's lvl 3) can be BFF'd or lvl 3'd (SBO requires lvl 3).

Actually... I forgot to check a few reversals. Namely Beat Extend. That may hit Fukua, it's so wide. Oh, and Double Car. I know you can avoid it with BFF, probably, but I don't know about a punish.

Edit: Actually, Big Band's SSJ needs to be countered with lvl 3 too, though you may not need it if you lk shadowed. Val's flatliner can only be punished with lvl 5.

That's only gonna work for a little while, though. It's not like it hits overhead, as long as the other guy looks for an actual moment he can punish, instead of recklessly hitting buttons, I don't think that's really going to be such a great thing.

Hey, I went in training mode for a second and found out how to setup a shadow. c.lk, s.mp, s.hk, qcb hk. Cancel the s.hk really early, and you're far enough away that you safely get a high attack. It's safe cause it avoids nearly every reversal in the game (including Daisy Pusher and MP bang). For the meterless ones you don't avoid (mp/hp Double butt), you can BFF, and other armored reversals (Brass Knuckles/LnL), you can either throw lk shadow or cancel into BFF (or lvl 3 or lvl 5). Every other Super reversal (except valentine's flatliner and Fukua's lvl 3) can be BFF'd or lvl 3'd (SBO requires lvl 3).

Actually... I forgot to check a few reversals. Namely Beat Extend. That may hit Fukua, it's so wide. Oh, and Double Car. I know you can avoid it with BFF, probably, but I don't know about a punish.
Hmm hadn't thought of using 5HK to get away actually. Using 5MP is against all my hitconfirm so that part I probably won't use much. But doing 5HK and cancelling early would avoid 2LK / 2MK between shadow making it actually a bit scarier. Of course the mixup isn't great with the speed of the shadows BUT it would give you a good chance for a low/command throw.

I see potential in this.

Hmm hadn't thought of using 5HK to get away actually. Using 5MP is against all my hitconfirm so that part I probably won't use much. But doing 5HK and cancelling early would avoid 2LK / 2MK between shadow making it actually a bit scarier. Of course the mixup isn't great with the speed of the shadows BUT it would give you a good chance for a low/command throw.

I see potential in this.
I was using mp because it moves you away a little more. If you use something else, be sure to check all the reversals again, cause some of them may tag you that wouldn't have otherwise. I just would go straight c.lk, c.lk, s.hk then, cause c.mk brings them closer to you. Unless you use c.mp in your hitconfirms, I think that move can be used instead.

Edit: ALSO, of course, in neutral you can use s.hk to get a little distance when you throw fireballs. Haven't seen anyone do it, so I thought maybe no one knew.

Last edited:
[c./s.HK xx MK.Shadow, run in] is literally the dumbest 'Zoning' of all time. You can do it from anywhere pretty much and it's always godlike and puts you at +????????????????? on block while leading to combos / at least getting you in on hit (and the opponent can't not block because it hits the entire fucking screen).
Then you can jump and L.Fireball / j.HK / j.HK xx L.Fireball / j.MK / jumpback L.Fireball / jumpback j.HK xx L.Fireball / fuck the world and win. How is she not braindead?

Do Parasoul's mixups suck because she can only do them from point blank?

i was messing around with combo yesterday and found IPS was going off "randomly"

MK shadow, j.HK,st.HP, j.HK (IPS triggers)

sometimes it would and other times it wouldnt. i thought maybe the combo stage was changing due to a slightly longer than usual delay or something but i dont think that was it. i didnt spend ages testing why though since its maybe 1-2 times out of 10 it does it.

Character does seem kinda stupid, I think we need an emergency nerf here so that I can go back to having Squigly on my team. Also give Squigly a fireball. Please And Thank You

hey guys does any one have an issue that a mp love dart comes out when you want an lp fireball when you cross over?
i didnt think it was big enough to warrant its own thread but i thought it was weird
@Mike_Z

i was messing around with combo yesterday and found IPS was going off "randomly"

sometimes it would and other times it wouldnt. i thought maybe the combo stage was changing due to a slightly longer than usual delay or something but i dont think that was it. i didnt spend ages testing why though since its maybe 1-2 times out of 10 it does it.
It triggers if you do it from point blank. Apparently it only counts as a chain starter from a certain distance, watch the combo stage and you'll see that it goes back to 0 for a sec, but if you do it from point blank it goes to three after it hits

did some testing:
L shadow doesn't count as a starter if you hit from ~max distance
M shadow only counts as a starter from point blank
H shadow counts as starter from up close but not necessarily point blank

hey guys does any one have an issue that a mp love dart comes out when you want an lp fireball when you cross over?

You can tell that's an LP fireball because it bounces. It comes out at the MP fireball angle because of some momentum thing.

i didnt think it was big enough to warrant its own thread but i thought it was weird
@Mike_Z
thats not a mp dart (it bounced), what happened was that it auto corrected the fireball in both cases, but j.hk only switched side on the first one, giving you the correct momentum for the dart to hit.

edit: ninja'd

Played gfarmers fukua... Got destroyed after he downloaded me. He told the homie that fukua is "so easy and so strong" he was playng duos now. Using fukua with squigly sing. Couldnt space him well because if he sees you backdash to throw a fireball or something he calls sing and does fukua charging mk launcher thing.l. Hits from fullscreen and gets him in for free. After that its just a bunch of frametraps and lp fireball mixups. Her j.hk is hard to beat because its faster than some lights. Yeah, this character seems pretty damn good. Especially if the Koreans think shes powerful and braindead.

It's because Koreans have them OG gam3r jeanZ

MK shadow would be a problem if Fukua had highs, but as of right now all I'm doing is blocking them, pushblocking and blocking low lol. Don't know the big deal. Also helps to play bella who doesn't care about them at all I guess ~_~

Reactions: dragonos451
Weren't the shadows going to be hittable at one point, like Shadow's shadows from OMF 2097? I know in the hitbox viewer they apparently have fully intact hurtboxes that go unused. Is that just too big a weakness for the moves to be useable?

It wasnt op it was just damn good. Like hitting my flying pw fullscreen with sing into mk shadow into pressure. Lag didnt help, but i digress, she definitely looks like a decent character. As far as the Koreans are concerned its just because they are the most skilled players ive played outside the us best players. Not unbeatable, but a different level, and without the cheapass assists that we all know and love. And that imho is worthy of respect.

You can hit them.
.. Nnnnno?

As far as the Koreans are concerned its just because they are the most skilled players ive played outside the us best players. Not unbeatable, but a different level, and without the cheapass assists that we all know and love. And that imho is worthy of respect.
Gfarmer ran Squigly/Brass against me and won 15-13 in a lagmatch where he could hit every combo (!!! Most impressive part) and I dropped literally everything
Am I top player yet??

.. Nnnnno?
I haven't been hitting them with Titan Knuckle this whole time? Or do they get hit when you hit her? Cause I've seen them being hit.

Yeah, okay, went and double checked. The Titan Knuckle just makes it look like she's punching the both of em.

Would anyone else benefit from a "How to deal with Fukuas bs" thread? She's sort of walking all over me and it's hard to challenge her especially when she has assists.
I almost want to drop Peacock for her at least until I understand her problems if she has any. (besides the overheads, and vulnerability to throws)
Right now her neutral looks really solid and the confirms look pretty easy off fireballs.

So much complaining about Fukua, can't wait for the next good character to see this happen all over again. Can you let a DLC character thats not "low" tier rock plz.

Would anyone else benefit from a "How to deal with Fukuas bs" thread? She's sort of walking all over me and it's hard to challenge her especially when she has assists.
I almost want to drop Peacock for her at least until I understand her problems if she has any. (besides the overheads, and vulnerability to throws)
Right now her neutral looks really solid and the confirms look pretty easy off fireballs.
i would also love to see a thread with how to deal with this character. as of right now it wouldn't surprise me if i went 0-2 at evo because i fought 2 fukua players this character gives me this much trouble.

Reactions: Reis
Fukua guide would be nice, for information if nothing else.

Were you in the air when shadow hit? If so, it won't trigger IPS.

funny enough about fukua...she isn't that good to the point of "OMG"

the funny thing about this character isn't so much "HARDCORE" zoning....that'd be peacock.

she has a hard way of opening up because she doesn't need to. to play fukua you would really have to have a feel for the opponent depending on the character. take bella for example and i fight someone like @Zidiane .

me and him both would know what a fukua would do. which is throw fireballs all day erryday. which bella would diamond reflect. its at this time it will show what a good fukua would do.

you pretty much train the opponent to react to a certain way. so imho she's a passive aggressive zoner-rushdown on her own.

people seem to forget that j hp is ALSO a thing. that can be cancelled into fireball which should(?) be air jumped into mix up for getting in.

(please someone verify the thing i put a question mark next to.

me and him both would know what a fukua would do. which is throw fireballs all day erryday. which bella would diamond reflect. its at this time it will show what a good fukua would do.
How would you punish a Deflected fireball? I'm probably not deflecting when you're fireballing directly above me, so I don't know how Fukua would be able get to me and do anything.

How would you punish a Deflected fireball? I'm probably not deflecting when you're fireballing directly above me, so I don't know how Fukua would be able get to me and do anything.
sorry i never clarified. zoning fukua is not gonna be above you. just no way. you can easily weave your way otherwise cause at fullscreen and you D. reflect you essentially get closer to me. the thing about this mess is that she's perfectly built to train characters to do certain things. fukua also has the tools to change the pace. from fireball(d. reflect for bella) Shadows (d reflect for bella).

i'm saying she's a very patient character to use and have to learn to really read your opponent.

.. Nnnnno?

Gfarmer ran Squigly/Brass against me and won 15-13 in a lagmatch where he could hit every combo (!!! Most impressive part) and I dropped literally everything
Am I top player yet??

Probably not, since ive destroyed him in the same conditions (me cant combo, he can, cause he really doesnt miss combos much) but stabilize the connection and its a different game.

But then again.... Maybe you ARE top player strength... Who knows. I opened up some players at evo near at will.... Couldnt buy a combo though... Sigh.

Anywho, dont know why we are talking about this, the Koreans are good, not unbeatable, no one is THAT strong in the sg scene yet.

So much complaining about Fukua, can't wait for the next good character to see this happen all over again. Can you let a DLC character thats not "low" tier rock plz.
It's cool for her to be good, balance is whatever since some characters have to be good aight? But she's really really dumb and gets all the things for zero effort which is kinda less cool?