• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

sorry i never clarified. zoning fukua is not gonna be above you. just no way. you can easily weave your way otherwise cause at fullscreen and you D. reflect you essentially get closer to me. the thing about this mess is that she's perfectly built to train characters to do certain things. fukua also has the tools to change the pace. from fireball(d. reflect for bella) Shadows (d reflect for bella).

i'm saying she's a very patient character to use and have to learn to really read your opponent.
If the fireball was in the air, Fukua can block reflect. Not going to say always, but in every situation I've been in.

what is block reflect? i'm stupid in this game so educate me
You block the reflected fireball. It wasn't a weird term lol

Basically that doesn't gain Bella much ground, or stop Fukua from proceeding with whatever because she can pushblock the projectile.

Last edited:
You block the reflected fireball. It wasn't a weird term lol

Basically that doesn't gain Bella much ground, or stop Fukua from proceeding with whatever because she can pushblock the projectile.
really? won't the frames atleast allow atleast one dash in?

at the very least all you have to do is pushblock fireball and it will push her to corner if she messes up her tempo

It triggers if you do it from point blank. Apparently it only counts as a chain starter from a certain distance, watch the combo stage and you'll see that it goes back to 0 for a sec, but if you do it from point blank it goes to three after it hits

did some testing:
L shadow doesn't count as a starter if you hit from ~max distance
M shadow only counts as a starter from point blank
H shadow counts as starter from up close but not necessarily point blank

yea i just got home and tested this now on my own. it felt to me as though if fukua has recovered from the shadow before it hits then it doesnt count as a starter, since using LK shadow from close range always results with a burst.

possible glitch maybe?

i dunno seems kinda weird to me. hits not counting at various distances doesnt seem like it would be intentional.

Its not that the distance itself is effecting it, its that theres more time before they hit to allow fukua to recover.

oh i know that already, just seems weird that not all shadows behave the same way before/after fukua recovers. eh.... whatever.

What can fukua do after air grab?

Oki or very hard link into super

What's the very hard link into super? I should have mentioned a confirm, not a set up. I know about the oki.

You have like 2 frames to do super after the airgrab, but you get a followup after

Really surprised there isn't a human smoke color

Fuck this character, fuck this game, fuck april fools.

Worst Holiday ever.

edit: fukua can convert off of fireball + mk bomber from 3/4th a screen away and not have to risk anything at all because she can protect bomber with shadow, and you can't jump over bomber to get to shadow if you know its coming and want to punish, I tried well over 150 times vs sev. It is not happening.

Last edited:
So, not to complain or anything, but I just went over Fukua in detail with a friend and man, she is looking like some bullshit. >_>

What are her weaknesses, if she has any? Just "poor" reversal options?

Her weakness is that she has a hard time opening people up when the other player knows to just block and not try and challenge j.hk.

Reactions: Tomo009
She also has pretty eh mobility. Slow on the ground and in the air.

Her weakness is that she has a hard time opening people up when the other player knows to just block and not try and challenge j.hk.

Block?

So, no weaknesses.

So, not to complain or anything, but I just went over Fukua in detail with a friend and man, she is looking like some bullshit. >_>

What are her weaknesses, if she has any? Just "poor" reversal options?
She has pretty poor mobility, struggles to open the opponent up without assist support/them not knowing the matchup.

Her defense is pretty ok, but not the best, cross her up and she can't do anything.

She is not the best character, anyone who can get above her and stay there is going to have a pretty easy time against her. Her only good air normals are angled downwards and her air fireballs all travel downwards.

Basically, don't try to challenge her air to air when SHE is already in the air and you aren't and you are fine. That is her biggest weakness.

Reactions: View619
Oh yeah and only her supers have throw invincibility so just throw her all day when she has no bar or you can just air reset her because her air super is a terrible reversal and don't forget the lack of anti air and cross up protection on. All in all she really is not that strong of a character its just really easy to blow people up who don't know the match up.

Reactions: Tomo009
"Her reversals are better than half the casts but not a free win, so if you land a hit sometimes you can kill her. Just like she can kill you if she lands a hit, but we'll ignore that yeah??
When she's in the air (she will always be) don't try to challenge her air to air (or ground to air really cus j.HK is even better there), easy peasy.
Also, you need some way of avoiding MK Shadow, else she just gets into a prime attacking spot for free. It hits at SJ height, connects against crouchers, goes through projectiles/assists and almost hits fullscreen distance, so this might be kinda tricky, but I'm sure you'll figure something out.
Really not that good of a character, GOOD LUCK!!"

Lemmie fix those Quotes a bit
She has pretty poor mobility, struggles to hit the opponent without assist support/them not knowing the matchup.

Her defense is pretty bad, amongst the worst, cross her up and she can't do anything.

She is not the best character, anyone who can get above her and stay there is going to have a pretty easy time against her. Her only good air normals are angled downwards or at best straight and she doesn't even have air fireballs lol!! Let alone any air mobility, so you can outmanoeuvre her really easily once she jumped.

Basically, don't try to challenge her air to air when SHE is already in the air and you aren't and you are fine. That is her biggest weakness.
Oh yeah and her only move with invincibility is a downcharge reversal, so just reset her all day with delay highs, or you can just air reset her because she has no air mobility at all let alone a reversal there, don't forget the lack of anti air and cross up protection on. All in all she really is not that strong of a character its just really easy to blow people up who don't know the match up.
Parasoul is GARBAGE??

E: I'm not even gonna start on Peacock!! Wow her Reversal loses against Jumpins, can get Low Profiled, can get thrown, will get crossed up. No air Reversal at all. Damn she must SUCK.

Last edited:
Why are we talking about Parasoul and Peacock's defensive weaknesses now? Its a bit off topic.(everyone has defensive weaknesses anyway)

Mk shadow is an interesting move because its one of Fukua's few moves that loses if your opponent challenges it. Plus you don't get much off it if they block it. So in the end its really not that strong if they don't mindlessly get hit by it and the fact that it doesn't hit reliably at double jump hight hurst for a lot of match ups imo.

Why are we talking about Parasoul and Peacock's defensive weaknesses now? Its a bit off topic.(everyone has defensive weaknesses anyway)
Oh, really?

So that whole post you wrote was kinda not helping, because it boils down to "After you land a hit, you might win"
Which isn't really news, and true for every single character in the game (some more, some less, most of them *more* than Fukua)

The question is "How do you land that hit". And that is not very easy. Not against Parasoul, not against Peacock, not against Fukua - as they have little incentive to go in, and are effective at keeping their opponents from doing so.

When someone asks for help in fighting Peacock, you explain how to avoid projectile patterns, that one has to look out for teleports, when it's feasible to punish her assist calls and when it's not, what to do when she's in the air (and eg doing j.HK adb j.HP) vs when she's on the ground (for example Squigly has to look out for this, as airborne Peacock means time to get a charge in), etc whatever.
Then maybe you can also type "Btw when you're in: her defence is pretty bad, so you might be able to kill her right there".
You don't see someone complain about Peacock and then answer with "Well, just land a hit and then kill her, as MP.Bang is pretty shit and Lenny a huge gamble! Easy everytime, she's really not that good of a character." Or well, YOU might do that..

All I know is Fukua is giving SDE double a run for her money for how braindead she can get things done.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Oh, really?

So that whole post you wrote was kinda not helping, because it boils down to "After you land a hit, you might win"
Which isn't really news, and true for every single character in the game (some more, some less, most of them *more* than Fukua)

The question is "How do you land that hit". And that is not very easy. Not against Parasoul, not against Peacock, not against Fukua - as they have little incentive to go in, and are effective at keeping their opponents from doing so.

When someone asks for help in fighting Peacock, you explain how to avoid projectile patterns, that one has to look out for teleports, when it's feasible to punish her assist calls and when it's not, what to do when she's in the air (and eg doing j.HK adb j.HP) vs when she's on the ground (for example Squigly has to look out for this, as airborne Peacock means time to get a charge in), etc whatever.
Then maybe you can also type "Btw when you're in: her defence is pretty bad, so you might be able to kill her right there".
You don't see someone complain about Peacock and then answer with "Well, just land a hit and then kill her, as MP.Bang is pretty shit and Lenny a huge gamble! Easy everytime, she's really not that good of a character." Or well, YOU might do that..
Please read again, he didn't ask how to avoid her zoning patters, he asked what her weaknesses were.

If he had asked how to get around what she was good at, the responses would have been different.

Talking about Peacock and Parasoul is completely irrelevant to the discussion...

I dislike you COMPLETELY rewording what I said to straw man me and change the tone of what I posted. Maybe if you refrained from doing such things, people would feel less inclined to argue with you and dismiss you all the time.

Came here to read about Fukua. Seems like I should keep looking away from Fukua General Discussion if I want to read general discussion about Fukua.

I dislike you COMPLETELY rewording what I said to straw man me and change the tone of what I posted.
I don't think you understood 1% of what I did. Try again.

Maybe if you refrained from doing such things, people would feel less inclined to argue with you
Even LESS? Great, I'll be sure to continue then.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonos451
Thanks Winnie & Tomo, I have a better understanding of how she works now. Don't worry about IsaVulpes re-structuring your posts, I put him on ignore a long time ago for obvious reasons.

I don't see anything she has being nearly as bad as SDE Cat Heads though...

How's Shamone's full name?
Gregor Shamone?
Has anybody asked this on this thread? I didn't mind searching...

yeah once people know fukua.....its sucks. however soon enough i will make a overview vid on fukua's tools to use. she kinda reminds me of para how people spam j hp. we spam j hk except its a auto hitconfirm.

How's Shamone's full name?
Gregor Shamone?
Has anybody asked this on this thread? I didn't mind searching...
Samson's full name is Samson. Gregor Samson is a reference to a book called Metamorphosis where the main character's name is Gregor Samsa who is a man that turns into a cockroach.

So Samson is Samson and Shamone is Shamone.

So like after you tech a throw with fukua she can do a really low to the ground j.hk. If you tech the throw really late the j.hk will probably whiff, but if you tech it earlier you can hit some character's feet with j.hk. Don't feel like testing what characters j.hk hits on since this isn't very useful.

Edit: Nevermind the time of the tech doesn't matter it's about how fast you press j.hk after jumping.

Last edited:
Thanks Winnie & Tomo, I have a better understanding of how she works now. Don't worry about IsaVulpes re-structuring your posts, I put him on ignore a long time ago for obvious reasons.

I don't see anything she has being nearly as bad as SDE Cat Heads though...
Put into more simple terms, I would say her biggest weakness is good vertical mobility.

Valentine is the biggest culprit but Squigly can be a pain too as you are the one who wants to rush Squigly down in that matchup.

MK shadows only hit so high, basically anything above MK shadow height is Fukua's dead zone, that is where you want to be most often when playing against her. Once you are close, shadows become a very risky option for her as you can predict/even react super close and counterhit her in startup.

She is going to want to stay in the air, so from range, take this time to run forward if you are on the ground and block fireballs, obviously she cannot shadow from the air. If she whiffs a fireball run underneath her to avoid j.MK/j.MK and then pressure her on landing.

If she is on the ground, great, get high in the air as fast as possible if you expect shadow and move in. If you preemptively get into the air though, she will probably tag you with a shadow on the way down, you don't want that to happen.

If she is pressuring you, watch her tendencies after 2HP. You can challenge MK and HK shadow straight up and counterhit into a huge punish. You jump forward out of LK shadow or a delayed fireball/drill. If she likes to do fireball WITHOUT a kara, you are +, so go nuts. If she does it with a 5HK kara, you can almost always jump forward. If she likes to LK drill, you are also + there, but less so, so be aware of reversals, this is a good place to try those crossups for characters with fast ones.

When she is pressuring you with j.HK and j.HK xx LP fireball.. yeah that's when to be scared. Do NOT stop crouching, if you do, you can be fuzzied and you don't want that. She has no IOH and no overhead out of j.HK so her options are much more limited. The fireball will only cross up if the j.HK makes contact, so try to be aware of what she is doing, pushblock appropriately and try again. If she does the j.HK xx fireball and it whiffs, then you can punish, if not with a counterhit, then at least with pressure.

Am I wrong in thinking that Fukua's built-in weakness ("everything she has loses to throws, dude") is actually not that relevant in actual gameplay? Here's the reasoning:

1) You can easily react to her armored grab with a throw, but jumping on reaction is both safer (you can't be grabbed starting from frame 1 as opposed to frame 8 for a throw) and gives you a better punish (your combo afterwards isn't scaled to crap).

2) HK Drillationship being throw-vulnerable is about as meaningful as MP Bang being throw-vulnerable--its a reversal that puts a big horizontal hitbox in your face with a startup that's barely within the average human's reaction time. Grabbing either Drill or MP Bang pretty much only happens on accident.