• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

ir is a werid infant-like thing in a chair with a holy hand grenade in the top of the image

Am I the only one freaking out that Ishiwatari is actually calling Eddie "Zato" again?

Am I the only one freaking out that Ishiwatari is actually calling Eddie "Zato" again?
Look a couple posts before you.

It's cool to see Eddie...or Zato back?

I think that the silhouette could be Valentine, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a new character.

I'll allow myself to be hype and say Robo-Ky. I don't ever care if it makes sense.

Reactions: DDB
If it was Valentine, she'd have the balloon thing. Also, the original Valentine's kinda dead. Heard some speculation that the newbie could be related to A.B.A, though.

What interests me more is why Zato-ONE is called such instead of Eddie. Zato is supposed to be very, VERY dead. Why's he back to his old self when he was confirmed to be killed by Millia in her GGX ending (which was made canon by every other game pre-Xrd)?
I'm seeing the balloon whereas folks are seeing the Holy Hand Grenade. This silhouette business is always very "Rorschach-y" and I've been very VERY wrong before but what I'm "seeing" here is someone strapped to a bed with limbs. I don't know the story in 2 but I guess the bed thing could go in hand with Valentine's "deadness".

And yeah, I'm quite intrigued about the name as well. Especially knowing the reason for the change was out of respect to Zato-ONE's deceased voice actor, Kaneto Shiozawa. If it truly is Zato (and not Eddie), he might still be voiced by his replacement, Takehito Koyasu, who's a VERY popular lad these days. Folks might know him for WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY-----!

EDIT: just a random musing.
So far most of the recently revealed characters designs' have barely strayed from the previous ones. I wonder if they've been getting flak for the new ones?

Last edited:
He might still be voiced by his replacement, Takehito Koyasu, who's a VERY popular lad these days. Folks might know him for WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY-----!
He's been popular for YEARS. Dio's just the latest in his very long resume of playing hilariously crazy jerks.

I would love to see robo back but unless that's him in a new throne with a bunch of mini hims or lackeys that he can make like in his instant kill I think it's someone new or from overture.

I really do wonder who that silhouette is though.
Probably another new crazy character.
My first guess is Valentine with some weird new look.

Second guess is a totally new character.

Seems worth noting, but with that bed/crab/shadow thing, they removed the "AND MORE" from the characters list.

Final roster?

Oh I really hope not....

Seems worth noting, but with that bed/crab/shadow thing, they removed the "AND MORE" from the characters list.

Final roster?
I think that was just referring to the loke-tests. Zato and MYSTERIOUS CHALLENGER are the only others to be in this next one coming up.

Final roster?
Doubtful. They still have to reveal the sub-boss and final-boss.

No one knew about Hakumen and Nu until BBCT was out in arcades, right?

Dizzy for final boss again plz.

Let's see baiken, A.B.A, Anji, Jam, Testament, Johnny, Bridget, Dizzy, Robo-Ky, Zappa...
Did I forget anyone?

Justice and Kliff, the "forever bonus characters".
The prologue also dragged Sin's lame ass into this so I'd count on him.

Part of me thinks Raven might be the end boss, with the AI getting it's mandatory overpowered version.

....I'd rather have dr paradigm or valentine then Sin honestly...

Reactions: Balder
I kinda wanna see Sin in the game. Please don't hate me. ^^'

I kinda wanna see Sin in the game. Please don't hate me. ^^'
He certainly has the unenviable position of being not nearly as cool as his parents.

Reactions: Daemyx
It's fine if he gets in just like skullgirls the more the better, I just prefer others over him that's all, I don't wanna start any hate issues really ^^;

Final roster?
I hope not, because this is bullshit! WHEN'S BAIKEN?!

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I'm very certain Baiken will return.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I, for one, would like to see how Ishiwatari would handle Order-Sol, or possibly a pre-Thunderseal version of Ky (remember, time-traveling I-No's in this, anything could happen regarding time travel).

It just occurred to me, what if we are approaching the end of new character announcements, but more get implemented in the home versions, with an updated Arcade release following?

Perhaps... guilty gear without my Dizzy though... excuse me while I go cry in a carner.

All jokes aside I will be seriously upset if my favorite character doesn't return. Or god forbid is "replaced"

It just occurred to me, what if we are approaching the end of new character announcements, but more get implemented in the home versions, with an updated Arcade release following?
I doubt it will release without Dizzy or Testament, that would be strange to me. Although they may have to make concessions due to time

I would want Robo Ky or Robo Jam.
I said it before I'll say it again
They could just make an entire Guilty Gear game based on Robot Parodies of the entire cast and I'd buy the special edition of that.

Well, it seems Zato's on-site text was translated and the ending REALLY caught my attention:

To Quote:
An assassin who uses the forbidden arts to control his shadow as part of himself. He was also the leader of the Assassin’s Guild, but was consumed by his own shadow and perished. Afterwards, his shadow (Eddie) took over Zato’s body as his own, but…

That is THE quote. I swear, they're toying with us man... They MUST be implying he's alive again somehow...?

Well, it seems Zato's on-site text was translated and the ending REALLY caught my attention:

To Quote:
An assassin who uses the forbidden arts to control his shadow as part of himself. He was also the leader of the Assassin’s Guild, but was consumed by his own shadow and perished. Afterwards, his shadow (Eddie) took over Zato’s body as his own, but…

That is THE quote. I swear, they're toying with us man... They MUST be implying he's alive again somehow...?

How much do you bet Daisuke allowed Mori to write that quote, Mori loves to troll sometimes. Still, that quote is messing with me since it even says Zato died but looks to have returned with that but.

How to the point Bedman's name is. His bed, though... probably more pointy than to the point.

Demonmattress.png

When Guts from Berserk shows up in Blue's Clues without being toned down at all.