• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I don't get it. Why would they rename Robo-Ky to Bedman?

l_52932f7273485.jpg

Reactions: SunnyRei
Bedman looks a lot better than I expected him to, also I wonder what it says on the robot head crown thingy ?

That's a GUY?! Oh wait! This series also has Bridget.
This is really one of those times where it feels like Daisuke tried way too hard and a character just sorta comes out way over-designed. Feels too busy.

Note: This is also how I feel about Zappa's outfit. Sin sorta has this problem too. And Leopaldon.

20 internet dollars on how the name of his theme song is written on the bed's forehead (?).

And I agree with Zazz regarding the design. Despite the anime style, the designs in GG have mostly been relatively simple and iconic (something the average "anime fighter" can't brag about, IMHO). Nonetheless, I'm quite curious to see him in motion but I'm inclined to think the bed will be standing up so it's not really going to be as bizarre as it looks like.

Last edited:
Despite the anime style, the designs in GG have mostly been relatively simple and iconic (something the average "anime fighter" can't brag out, IMHO). Nonetheless, I'm quite curious to see him in motion but I'm inclined to think the bed will be standing up so it's not really going to be as bizarre as it looks like.
I'd guess that its because the original GG designs were made with the Playstation 1 in mind. Daisuke probably couldn't go overboard with details back then.

Anyway, my current predictions of who's returning now as of now are:
Baiken, Sin, Raven, Valentine and Dizzy

if you can't slam with the best
then jam with the rest

Anyway, my current predictions of who's returning now as of now are:
Baiken, Sin, Raven, Valentine and Dizzy
But...but...LOLICON WAKAMOTO! :(

if you can't slam with the best
then jam with the rest
HEAVEN OR HELL
QUARTER ONE
LET'S DUNK!

But...but...LOLICON WAKAMOTO! :(

HEAVEN OR HELL
QUARTER ONE
LET'S DUNK!

the lack of Jam's victory sprite with photoshopped basketballs insults me.

Reactions: Balder
O30 is that a legit reveal of the mystery character?

Zazz I pray your predictions are correct.

instead of jam we get her dark-skinned, soul food cooking counterpart, Slam

instead of jam we get her dark-skinned, soul food cooking counterpart, Slam
So..... Gladys Knight?

Zazz I pray your predictions are correct.
I've been playing GG for a long time (since the days of Gamecombos) but I'll say this:
You can't predict Daisuke. He made a MOBA on the 360 after all.

Also, since I'm feelin' old, I was thinking about the old days of the game and I recalled my first time noticing Guilty Gear.
It was a random Zato/Millia combo vid by Unconkable for GGX set to music from Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES) Act 2-2.

And then while looking up more stuff, I found a hilarious GGX glitch video with Potemkin Buster giving health back to the enemy. That was done by a guy you all may know, Mike Z.

It just occurred to me - how the heck is Faust going to kanchou Bedguy? o_0

Maybe he simply goes in so hard, his hands pierce bed, mattress and rectum in one thrust. Would be a good way to make people understand why the Super move of the guy armed with a spear-sized scalpel is what it is. And also why I-no enjoys it so much.

I can't wait to play as Porky from Mother 3!

I love how some people on other sites are threatening to drop the game just because of the design/name of a single character. Would totally love to play him just to cheese off those people.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Mr. Bedman is going to animate and move around the stage, as well as be knocked around and propelled when hit by moves. Non-humanoid characters in fighting games give the art team all kinds of creative space to do crazy stuff.

(btw, am I the only one who doesn't think of the name being pronounced as literally "Bed Man"? I see it more as pronounced as something like Edmund or Admin, like if it were Bedmin or Bedmund)

Magazine scan for those that haven't seen
rv6y.png

Seems like the bed is not only flexible, but it isn't too big after all. Not too much taller than Sol.

hey guys
guys guys

do you think that bedman will bad on
wakeup
I dont know. I have a tough time on wakeups when I'm in bead.

Zato-1 with with the giant shadow grope hand
Makes me think of those damn Wallmasters *shudder*

Aside from Bedman looking like Kabuto, I think he still looks pretty cool. I can't believe people are hating on this guy's design, I mean who doesn't want to fight as a piece of furniture.

Reactions: Jutsei
So what is the story of Bedman anyway?

Ok I have no idea
I sorta assume its in the text box on the scan.

Also that picture of Zato/Eddie's intro makes me hope his MILLLLLLIAAAAAAAAAA! yell is back.

EDIT: Dustloop says there's no story in that text box. It's just the magazine wondering what's up with BEDMAN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
hey guys
guys guys

do you think that bedman will bad on
wakeup

YOU FUCKING DIDN'T!

Command List and Character Profile on Bedman

“Too bad. Give up. Goodbye.”

Voice: Hikaru Midorikawa

A boy continuously sleeps in atrociously modified mobile bed. His origins, aims and affiliations are all wrapped in mystery. His combat capabilities are amazingly high, showing his ability as he lures the opponent into the nightmares from his own mind. Why does he endlessly sleep, you may wonder…

Height: 156 cm (272 cm including bed)
Weight: 45 kg (666 kg including bed)
Birthday: Unknown
Blood type: Unknown
Origin: Unknown
Hobbies: Unknown
Values: His buckwheat hull pillow
Hates: The cry of the brown-eared bulbul, talkative people
Affiliations: Unknown

Command List

Special Moves

Task A – 236+P (Air OK)
→Deja Vu (Task A) - 214+P
Task A’ – 236+K (Air OK)
→Deja Vu (Task A’) - 214+K
Task B – 236+S (Air OK)
→Deja Vu (Task B) – 214+S
Task C – 236+HS (Air OK)
→Deja Vu (Task C) – 214+HS
Special Movement - While jumping, press 8 to hover. After hovering, move with directional input.
Overdrive Attacks

Sinosoidal Helios – 632146+HS
Hemijack – 632146+S

Source and Translation

Well... those move names don't give a whole lot away apart from the special movement thing. All air ok though makes me think he may be a bit of a flight (hovering) character perhaps? Would be interesting if that hover was actually an important part of his game.

Wonder what exactly deja vu does, perhaps he can double up all his specials?

Is bedman some how related to REM from Bobobo?

Reactions: Horseman