• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Some new screenshots from 4Gamer, showing Bedman and what is safe to assume his stage
009.jpg

010.jpg

edit: oops, well Balder has a good link though

I imagine the hidden cam footage from the loketests should be rolling around the web sometime by noon-ish tomorow if you're in America, given timezones and such.

I couldn't see those screenshots before checking the article itself.

Anyway, I'm leaving the link to said article here: http://www.4gamer.net/games/216/G021678/20131205041/
Pretty juicy. Screens, info (in moonspeak) and good resolution artworks without text all over 'em. You can almost tell all of the random crap they got scribbled all over their outfits (I didn't mind it with Sol/Ky/R-Ky but, personally, I think it looks kinda goofy).

Looks like the bed has Dreamlike Reality written in it's "head". Again, putting internet money on that being the title of his theme.
And why is there a artwork of him in a different palette? Weird...

Reactions: Agent York
Plush Dog o' Doom for GGX4.

Also, is that an IK?

[HYPE INTENSIFIES TO EPIC PROPORTIONS]

Damn, Aristobule is already at it with uploads. First up is some Bedman vs Axl
[video is no longer available :c]
Based on the video and another article I read, it seems that Bedman's "Deja vu" works in that you can make an illusion of a previously done attack appear to attack the opponent, with said attack appearing from the marks that he leaves around the stage. Also his air movement is actually an 8 way air dash, not a hover like I assumed.

edit: Aaaand now the videos have already been removed. Arcsys is on the ball this time I guess. Aristobule said he'd upload them elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
He looks very interesting to say the least, I think He looks very fun to use ^^ but this is just a first impression anyways X3

On a different note, Eddie's head sure looks awkward in this installment. They told me I could be anything so I became an anvil.

Plush Dog o' Doom for GGX4.
That thing is absolutely terrifying. And why is there a old-timey movie ticket booth just a few feet from it? o_0
I wouldn't be surprised if that stage is a dream made form in the physical world. We goin' Silent Hill now!

Based on the video and another article I read, it seems that Bedman's "Deja vu" works in that you can make an illusion of a previously done attack appear to attack the opponent, with said attack appearing from the marks that he leaves around the stage.
It sounds almost a wee bit like Isaac's gimmick but in reverse if I recall Isaac's gimmick correctly.

On a different note, Eddie's head sure looks awkward in this installment. They told me I could be anything so I became an anvil.
A Andy Anvil!
Skullgirls everywhere in this bitch!

Dengeki has screenshots of the loketest. I want a trenchcoat Eddie too. :(
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/766/766857/

EDIT: Bonus reference yours truly just felt like investigating.
The word Oneiroi that is written in the bed's "hands" is a reference to Greek mythology. The Oneiroi were the sons of Hypnos, god of sleep. It's also Greek for "dreams".

EDIT EDIT: with this being screencapped every goddamned time, I think GGXrd will be known to the mainstream market as the game with the witch getting fingered.
KNCjGvt.jpg

Last edited:
Impressions on Bedman from ElvenShadow

- Forward and back dashes seem to be teleports like slayer. Has a static looking visual effect like TV static.
- Has a projectile (throws that crown ball) and then he can summon it back and it hits on way back. Can do in air and ground.
- Can air dash 8 ways (think marvel) and cancel into normals and specials quickly
- Lots of long range normals
- Has spinning tornado spike top move that does many hits and travels forward. Knocks down
- Has move where he flips and spins in the air From the ground in an arc and lands on opponents head. Can use déjà I to “store” the move so that if he does it again a phantom image of him comes out and does it leaving him to do other stuff. I think it’s a projectile but not sure. Can probably use déjàvu in same way with other specials
- His IK mode comes super fast and he can easily use it to kill dizzied opponents! Seems super cheap.
- Has a super that comes out rally fast. If hits, the screen turns all colored tv bar static like and a big palm flashes over the screen. Seems to dizzy easily but I dunno if its automatic.
- Has another super that is a good reversal. Exploding alarm clock animation that has a blast that hits all around bedman.
- Seems to be able to teleport right next to opponent if projectile hits but probably has some condition for it.
- Can set seals on the screen. 3 kinds. I think one is for proj, one for flip move, one for spinny tornado. I think it indicates déjàvu is activated for each move
- At least Bedman seems to have low hp
- So ill explain more about Bedmans cheap super. Shadow beast is summoned at the far corner away from bedman behind opponent. Slowly moves forward. Touch the beast and get hit. Unblockable and very high chance of dizzy state and that means you are done. IK is too good.

More compiled here

because his eyes are bad, you dummy

he needs to see his nightmares clearly

Reactions: SanoBaron
he looks insanely good.
I'll be sad if this is the final cast though.

It might be. I'm expecting it will have a yearly update like BB with more characters each time.

he looks insanely good.

It might be. I'm expecting it will have a yearly update like BB with more characters each time.
If it is, I noticed something funny.

The final cast would be 13 characters. I just think its a weird (And unlucky...) number to keep it at.

Though I suppose it isn't too odd. That's the amount of Characters Skullgirls will have after Robo-Fortune.

he looks insanely good.
i'm guessing there's a final boss that's yet to be revealed.

Final Boss huh...hmm oh!
Maybe it might be "that man".

Final Boss huh...hmm oh!
Maybe it might be "that man".
we're only at "GGXrd: Sign"

there's gotta be more versions before they drop THAT MAN on us.

though, doesn't Bedman look a bit like That Man? He's got that short gray hair like in that GG2 art.

we're only at "GGXrd: Sign"

there's gotta be more versions before they drop THAT MAN on us.

though, doesn't Bedman look a bit like That Man? He's got that short gray hair like in that GG2 art.
I think Bedman is the "punk" that Sol was talking about in the original Xrd trailer. With the whole nightmare thing, he could classify as someone who could "screw the world".

But yes, I doubt they could drop That Man on us just yet... without Baiken I might add.... ;A;

wasnt masked man in GG2?

Whens Jam gonna come on and join the Slam?
I dunno...Bedman seems to have taken her place as the token panty shot character. :3

Gamer has a whole bunch of loketest screens, mostly of Bedman and Zato.

And the Professor from MMCafe got to play the game and shared his impressions of GG's newcomer:
Ok, here's my take on Bedman in a nutshell: he's the typical science nerd bishounen who can't stop talking about logics. He talks, talks, and talks. Fortunately though it's only during scenes like his victory quote, meaning you can hit a button and skip his babbling once you've heard enough. So far, he doesn't seem like Zappa; he doesn't shout weird and random quotes in the middle of his matches.

That also reminds me-- I was expecting Bedman to be a really odd character like Zappa but he turned out to be pretty straightforward. All of his moves seem to be attacks where he charges towards his opponent, either straight into them or at an arc. When he does an attack he also automatically sets an icon where the move started off, and he can shoot projectiles that mimics that move out from that icon.

You know that when someone says a character from a Aksys game talks a lot then that means he talks A LOT. -_-"

don't care. I just want the character that felt the best to me. as much as a love the kawaii as fuck May, Jam just feels like she plays exactly how I want. Everybody clamours for Baiken, but I still am gonna ask if Jam can still stay in the fray.

Reactions: Jutsei
That also reminds me-- I was expecting Bedman to be a really odd character like Zappa but he turned out to be pretty straightforward. All of his moves seem to be attacks where he charges towards his opponent, either straight into them or at an arc. When he does an attack he also automatically sets an icon where the move started off, and he can shoot projectiles that mimics that move out from that icon.
Is this something similar to Isaac?

WHEN'S A.B.A?
WHEN'S ANJI?
WHEN'S BAIKEN?
WHEN'S BRIDGET?
WHEN'S DIZZIE?
WHEN'S JAM?
WHEN'S JOHNNY?
WHEN'S ROBO-KY?
WHEN'S TESTAMENT?
WHEN'S ZAPPA?

THERE! I think that covers everyone except for some spinoff characters I don't know at all and characters that are unlikely to come back canonically (Order Sol, Justice, Kilff).

Is this something similar to Isaac?
Seems to be much simpler. No time paradox mechanic. Also, apparently Deja Vu moves have different properties from their regular counterparts (i.e. regular move being an overhead, but Deja Vu version being blockable either way).

WHEN'S LEOPALDON

I wonder if Dizzy could be confirmed in the upcoming days, with her alleged birthday being on X-mas day and whatnot...

Reactions: Lunerstep
I want dizzy back a lot honestly I recently picked her up in accent core and she's rather fun, but isn't there some damn story reason she might not appear in game at lest right away?

robo mode dlc for everyone could be amusing, I mean most people declare dlc looks and outfits work easier for 3D models so maybe robo everyone?

Well ok, but how does Robo-Bedman work?

Anyway, it's been kinda stale waiting for characters. I was hoping for something new soonish, but I guess there aren't any more loke-tests for them.

robo ky looking bedman attached to the bed of course lol

Hmm I'm kinda worried there gonna stick with this as the current roster then release others later as dlc...cuse I'm starting to worry the others wont show DX

Isn't Xrd's official arcade release in Spring? Don't they still have more time this winter to confirm more characters?

Plus they are known to release characters after the arcade release