• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Eh. For some reason, that doesn't sound too exciting. Would rather have 64 people in one match, but that would simply be insane.

http://wiki.4gamer.net/ggxrd/
clicky on the pictures to see command list and colors for each character! :D

Also, I'm going to be getting digital JP version(so i'll have it and be playing late Dec. 3rd), and i'll be streaming while i'm dicking around in training room or story. So if anyone wants to like see Sin's buttons or anything specific like that~

Eh. For some reason, that doesn't sound too exciting. Would rather have 64 people in one match, but that would simply be insane.

it is really good though, i loved it on BBCP (RIP) It lets you find matches a lot faster without waiting, and you can spectate anyone you want.

I guess this is for those who haven't seen the demo or skipped through the cutscenes.

Last edited:
Wow I completely understand what's going on now.

Also the music at the end isn't from anything I've heard in the OST yet.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-‘s Downloadable Content to Utilize Cross-Buy Between PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 | Shoryuken
So they're essentially using the same system used for arcades minus the passcards.

Also, a refreshed image of the LE contents:
GGXrd_LE-Mock_v3_lr.jpg

I'd just like to say that if I'm paying for a limited edition I don't think getting more than just the vocal tracks is too much to ask for.

I agree. I thought it will include the whole OST, but I guess that might be separate.

guys, this is aksys, we'll be lucky if the CD plays on anything bu a computer, much less has more than the vocal tracks.

Can someone help me out getting into this series? I was trying to just play it and learn stuff, but that wasn't helping. I went to Dustloop, but couldn't really find the "Hello, new player who doesn't know anything about GG, here are the basic rules to the game, here are the advanced rules, and more with the eductation". And the guides I saw on characters I liked seemed to assume that I knew things that I didn't. I have the PS3 AC+R version.

I hear Xrd has a very extensive tutorial that teaches you everything about the game.

Oh. Well, I guess rip my 15 bucks.

all I did was play around with all the characters until I found one that felt the best, Jam.

that's always how I approach fighting games.

Can someone help me out getting into this series? I was trying to just play it and learn stuff, but that wasn't helping. I went to Dustloop, but couldn't really find the "Hello, new player who doesn't know anything about GG, here are the basic rules to the game, here are the advanced rules, and more with the eductation". And the guides I saw on characters I liked seemed to assume that I knew things that I didn't. I have the PS3 AC+R version.

Dustloop isn't new player friendly. Here's a video of someone teaching another player about GG # Reload, which will be most similar to Xrd. Sadly, +R knowledge won't get you too far. Still doesn't hurt to play the game whenever you can, though.

Reactions: Zidiane
guys apparently there are DLC packs for each characters voice ton be used as an announcer and 17 have been announced, which means there may be 2 more characters?

I think they're already announced. 14 playable + Sin and Elphelt + Leo

I think they're already announced. 14 playable + Sin and Elphelt + Leo
oh yah, I just forgot about Sin, ooops

The Dustloop GG Xrd Wiki covers all the game mechanics and you can look into them at your leisure.

There's also these youtube uploads of Klaige's IAD-TV episodes. It's based on AC and +R but there's still a lot of really good information here.

GG Basics 101
Advanced Techniques

The Neutral Game - Part 1
The Neutral Game - Part 2
The Neutral Game - Part 3

Okizeme

Mentality of Defense

There's also some more episodes on match analysis and character playstyles if you're interested. There's also the Guilty Bits series that covers all the characters in +R and does an overview of their pros and cons.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...w-for-ps-plus/comment-page-1/#comment-1040373

+ langdon on November 24th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Hey Russell, did your programmers happen to make use of the driver that adds support for PS3 sticks on PS4? The one co-authored by Cowboy from Naughty Dog and Lab Zero?

I really want to play this game, but I don’t want to buy it for last gen and I really can’t afford to invest in yet another fight stick. =[

• + Russell Iriye on November 24th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

The developers of Guilty Gear, Arc System Works, are aware of the driver. If there are any updates, we’ll keep everyone posted!
There is hope!

Demo will be dub only, btw

Reactions: Kongk4 and Ktulu
THE TIME HAS COME
WILL THE TODD HABERKORN CHIPP DREAM BE ALIVE
IT'S STILL ALIVE RIGHT NOW BUT THE TIME OF RECKONING HAS COME

Ky is just male Tsubaki lol.

And now it's Sol's turn

Alright
time for a voice actor speculation breakdown

Sol - That is neither Troy Baker or Matt Mercer. Giving it a good listen, it sounds to me like Kyle Hebert with some gravel in his throat.

Ky - that's Sam Riegal. I can pick his voice out from a mile.

Axl - that's Liam O'Brien being Liam Fuckin' O-Brien A+ Fake Brit

Millia - That's Tara Platt.

I-No - Couldn't hear much. She spoke very little in the video.

Slayer - This one is gonna drive me goddamn crazy. I can't really pick his voice out and it probably won't be a problem once I hear him speaking normally, but what I had heard gave me D.C. Douglas vibes. unsure though.

Sin still sounds like Yuri Lowenthal, I'd say

the Chipp Haberkorn dream is still alive at the moment

For I-No (first match):

For Slayer:

Hope these help.

Still can't get a read on I-No. Might be someone lesser-known or out of the game for a while.

Zato sounds like Matt Mercer, but that filter makes it a bitch to tell.

Faust is Kaiji Tang. that's the most beautiful thing.

Still got nothing on Slayer, but I'm diggin' the light Sean Connery thing he's got going on there.

I-no sounds a bit like Tara Platt.

When's English Potemkin?

He has one word in one of the videos posted
hard to tell who he is based on that
but i'm gonna be an asshole and guess that it's Michael McConnohie :V

I think Slayer might be JB Blanc. I think I hear a little Dojima in there.

Ooh that would be cool. I love JB Blanc so I'd accept it wholeheartedly

oh god, i-no is tara platt and i only recognized it because she has the exact same voice as anna williams, just less sultry

Apparently Venom is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal
the plot thickens

Apparently Venom is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal
the plot thickens

Bedman is Yuri Lowenthal, I'm not sure who Venom is.

---

Anyway, I'll say here what I said on Dustloop. The dub's okay.

Axl, Bedman, and Zato are all pretty good. Sol, Sin, and Ramlethal are awful. Everyone else is somewhere in-between with most of them being just "meh."

Part of it's due to just poor translations, but I think it's mostly the result of bad directing.