• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

The first piece of news is that the prototype will be coming out on PS4 in North America this Tuesday, November 3rd! You'll be able to download it for free on PSN when the PlayStation Store gets updated sometime that day. The EU version is in testing at Sony and we hope to have a release date for that soon.

The very day after that, on Wednesday, November 4th at 3:00 PM PST, the Lab Zero team will be hosting an AMA on Reddit! Come ask the team your burning questions.

Perhaps you've been waiting patiently for the other reason for this update: the new Incarnation reveal for the campaign blasting past 550k! Here she is:

Toko (十子)
gv9f9d3tusikdxfa2lne.png

Toko is one of the only surviving Resolute in Yashima, forced into hiding after a failed rebellion. Of her nine siblings, she is the only one who survived the resulting massacre. Though almost unbearable, she views these trials as a test of faith, and they serve only to strengthen her belief.

To the Resolute, Kala's appearance marks the beginning of the end of days, and thus the beginning of their task to save as many unenlightened souls as possible before the final judgement.

Blessed with great skill and seemingly divine strength of will, Toko vows to vanquish the evils of this land. Her faith, like her blade, is straight and true, unwavering in its conviction. Learning more about the true source of her power, however, will put her devotion to the ultimate test.

There are quite a few Incarnations to keep track of now, so we've gathered them up into one easy-to-find place: labzerogames.com/indiv-incarnations

We have an awesome announcement coming up that will coincide with the release of the prototype on Tuesday, so stay tuned! This ain't over yet!

TOKO IS VALENTINE AND DOUBLE'S FUSION OMG. PS4 PROTOTYPE. AMA ON REDDIT. MORE SURPRISES. ARE YOU FEELING THE HYPE YET?

Hey, her name in Kanji means "Tenth Daughter", so that means she's theyoungest!
The best thing? Her story seems to be based on the Shimabara Rebellion, an uprising in southwestern Japan lasting from December 17, 1637 to April 15, 1638, during the Edo period. It largely involved peasants, most of them Catholic Christians. Not sure if she's directly based on a leader of the Rebellion, but if she was the leader, she could be based on Amakusa Shiro, leader of the rebels.

Last edited by a moderator:
god damn, seriously? I wake up only half an hour after they reveal her, good thing I didn't stay up all night.
She's great, definitely going into my team.

Battle Nun's cross guard on her giant sword is, in fact, a smaller sword. This is cool. Also, nice that we're getting some characters more closely related to Kala and the big fight there.

Of her nine siblings, she is the only one who survived the resulting massacre.
Hey, her name in Kanji means "Tenth Daughter", so that means she's theyoungest!
I think the wording in the description is wrong in that case. Shouldn't she be the only survivor of ten siblings?

I think the wording in the description is wrong in that case. Shouldn't she be the only survivor of ten siblings?
She is the survivor of ten siblings, but only her 9 siblings are dead.

The 'her' part excludes her from being counted in that particular sentence.

Who's gonna cover the cost of that playable Incarnation, tho? 505? Is really 10k the cost of a playable character? Seems kinda low
Well they have shallower movesets than the Skullgirls characters as far as I can tell, due to the whole team attacking dynamic. So I imagine that's why the prices are lower?
Then again for all I know the 3 playable Incarnations in the demo have loads more in terms of combat coming, but generally it feels like they've got "small," tight movesets that you have to combo together between characters.

Last edited:
She is the survivor of ten siblings, but only her 9 siblings are dead.

The 'her' part excludes her from being counted in that particular sentence.
Yes, that's what I'm saying - sirvivor of the ten. But they stated that "she is the only one who survived <...> Of her nine siblings".

Well they are 10 siblings but if you were to count her siblings she would have 9. She is not her own sibling.
If you have a brother, you are 2 brothers, but you have only 1 brother. You are not your own brother.

Well they are 10 siblings but if you were to count her siblings she would have 9. She is not her own sibling.
If you have a brother, you are 2 brothers, but you have only 1 brother. You are not your own brother.
So if my brother is dead, I should say that I am the only sirvivor of my one sibling?

So if my brother is dead, I should say that I am the only sirvivor of my one sibling?
No you should act all angsty all the time and angrily tell people that "MY BROTHER IS DEAD I CAN NO LONGER BRING MYSELF TO FORM EMOTIONAL BONDS WITH OTHER PEOPLE."

But for real, I also feel that it should be changed to somethin' like: "She is the only survivor of the 10 siblings." or "Of the 10 siblings she is the only survivor."
But what do i know

Last edited:
No, because that is bad English. :^) It is, however, fine to say "my sibling has perished" or whatnot.

If there are three children in your family, all related, then it's you and your two siblings.
You can replace "siblings" with "brothers" or "sisters" if it helps you make sense of the semantics. Sibling is generally only used when you need to refer to a group including both sexes.
If a family has 8 male children, there are eight brothers. If one of the boys is talking, he would say "my seven brothers and I", because he is not included in that count. But he could also say, "Out of the 8 brothers in my family, I am the coolest."

But for real, I also feel that it should be changed to somethin' like: "She is the only survivor of the 10 siblings." or "Of the 10 siblings she is the only survivor."
But what do i know
I disagree with the suggestion that we should change the wording because other people don't understand English. :^P

[edit]
Yeah, cause she also can't be the only survivor "of her 9 siblings" since she isn't her own sibling. :P
Speaking about one child from a family with ten total children, one can either say
"Of the ten siblings"
or
"Of her nine siblings"
both are acceptable.

Last edited:
"Out of the 8 brothers in my family, I am the coolest."
That's my whole point. Text says "out of NINE people she is the only one alive". Which means that there were 9 kids in total - her and 8 corpses. But her name suggests 10 kids overall - not nine.

That's my whole point. Text says "out of NINE people she is the only one alive". Which means that there were 9 kids in total - her and 8 corpses. But her name suggests 10 kids overall - not nine.
"Of her nine siblings, she is the only one who survived the resulting massacre."
Notice how it says "Of her nine siblings," her and the nine siblings are clearly stated to be different people so that's a total of 10.
I was confused at first too >~<

*snip*

I know it's a proper way to say it but "only survivor of her 9 siblings" is wrong since she isn't one of the 9 sibilngs.

She isn't part of the designated group, because she can't be her own sibling, so she can't be a survivor of said group.

"Of her nine siblings, she is the only one who survived the resulting massacre."
How can she be the survivor of a group she isn't a part of?

Edit: ninja'd
Edit 2: "Of [people who died], she is the only one who survived."
"Of Patty, Hallow, Christmas and Easter, Valentine is the only one who survived."

"Of her clan of ten siblings, she is the only one who survived."

I dunno.

Last edited:
Speaking about one child from a family with ten total children, one can either say
"Of the ten siblings"
or
"Of her nine siblings"
both are acceptable.
Okay, so the way English works, phrase "Of her nine siblings" means "Of her herself AND also her nine siblings"? I most certainly did not know that. Mighty weird but I guess if that's how it works, then cool.

The real question here is
does it really matter?
It kinda matters, yes, because I planned to translate this information for the Indi group in Russian social network. And I would like to not make factual mistakes in the process to avoid spreading false information if it's possible.
Also it kinda helps to learn new things about foreign languages when opportunity arises, so yeah, it kinda matters.

In "of all N of his siblings", "he" can be considered part of the group referred to. Or, he can not be. It depends on context. :^P
Grammatically weird, sure, but English is grammatically weird. :^)

Have some examples of this in common use, look for "his siblings" in these:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/07/26/the-lost-gaddafi-tapes.html
and here (long link)
and here (another long link)
and here
etc.

Now all y'all of whom are bothered by odd-sounding but perfectly acceptable English can go ponder why inflammable and flammable are synonyms.

So wait, the prototype is being released on the US PSN, and is in testing for the EU? What about for Japan? Wouldn't they be a good group to appeal to or am I mistaken?

So wait, the prototype is being released on the US PSN, and is in testing for the EU? What about for Japan? Wouldn't they be a good group to appeal to or am I mistaken?
They'd probably be great to appeal to (ignoring the fact that the prototype is English only)...but don't assume it's our choice.
It's not up to us, it's up to Sony for each region to allow us to do it, or not. We're lucky we get to put it out on PS4 AT ALL, in ANY region - it is only even happening anywhere because of how amazing SCEA is.

I'm personally glad that I can finally be able to play the game in it's fully glory, unlike the laggy mess my laptop's been giving me. And you can bet I'm making a video asap

Toko is cool. Really enjoy the design.

BTW, so the incarnation list confirms that Dhar is the first incarnation we get...that's interesting. It really begs the question of how prominent he will be, if he and Ajna have to learn how to use and control Ajna's powers in a difficult and unprepared situation...

Also a question, are some incarnations going to be story relevant even if they aren't active in the party? like a story cutscene requiring Dhar farther down the line involving dealing with a different of the 4 mooks directly under the Baron, or are cutscenes like that relegated to Ajna's personal world?

I'm really starting to wonder at the order we'll get the incarnations in...I realize some of them are side quests or optional, but the story ones and the order for them interests me XP

. Her faith, like her blade, is straight and true, unwavering in its conviction. Learning more about the true source of her power, however, will put her devotion to the ultimate test.

Hmm, this is last little bit was an eyebrow raiser for me.

Could we expect a Demon's Souls type situation?

Back