• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Luv ya' Kit, but come on; if you're going to drop that kind of money, best believe you're going to want something that's personally relevant to you. I don't think limiting yourself to just what you think would "fit" will make anyone happy.
I rarely lie, so this is actually one of things I'd actually would of done XD yeah, I have an OC Human char, but Pfft. There's plenty of cooler monsters and myths to add into a story line type fight. I would add som'in akin to the boss fight we have in the Proto. I love real fights like that if it's going to be in the story ^_^ Plus, hidden areas are more expensive and I would def of made my OC in there

Reactions: KaboomKid
I'm gonna start calling people who mention Undertale in this thread, Underboobs.
I was under the impression men (at least) really like underboobs.
Do you really believe most people can do that, though?
If they don't have an OC, I could see it. I mean, I got whatever tier I got ($2500 or so, though I could easily add a bit more to get the $1000 tier as well) just to support. I have no specific characters in mind.
Now that I say that, I'm actually starting to think of a character, but I don't have the money to make it happen. Not a big deal, I have 2 fighting games with that archetype idea well represented.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dave
As long as the OC looks like they belong in the game then its all good imo.

I was under the impression men (at least) really like underboobs.
It's a pun, boob is a synonym for fool.

If I could have afforded the boss tier, It would have been my first priority to make the character fit in to the world

Luv ya' Kit, but come on; if you're going to drop that kind of money, best believe you're going to want something that's personally relevant to you. I don't think limiting yourself to just what you think would "fit" will make anyone happy.

I'm with Kit on this one.

I'd personally would be way happier to make a fitting, original and fun monster that everyone could enjoy than just a random, self-referential OC thing.

Seeing it in game and possibly other people enjoying it would be totally worth my money. <3

I rarely lie, so this is actually one of things I'd actually would of done XD yeah, I have an OC Human char, but Pfft. There's plenty of cooler monsters and myths to add into a story line type fight. I would add som'in akin to the boss fight we have in the Proto. I love real fights like that if it's going to be in the story ^_^ Plus, hidden areas are more expensive and I would def of made my OC in there

I definitely wasn't suggesting you were lying, I only meant that if you had the choice of an OC or just a monster that looks like it fits, would you really be happier just going with the monster? (heck, even Scribble Cat was an awesome boss fight, so it doesn't even need to be epic in the traditional sense)

As long as the OC looks like they belong in the game then its all good imo.

Exactly; regardless of what we might suggest, the team could potentially adapt it into the game, so even if you don't think it would fit at first, L0 can work wonders. :)
Unless you're Verdant with the cleaver...

Well the tier info says that the character must fit the aesthetic of the game and will be modified accordingly

I'd personally would be way happier to make a fitting, original and fun monster that everyone could enjoy than just a random, self-referential OC thing.

Seeing it in game and possibly other people enjoying it would be totally worth my money. <3

If that makes you happy then it's fine. However, saying that you'll make something that everyone will enjoy is just an assumption; in the end, you have to start with things that make you personally happy.

*snip*

Well I say that not making mine a blood-orange (no, it's not red!) fat bat named Guu, would be a good first step.

Also I said "can" not "will".

Since we are continuing on the subject of "If I had the dough":
Yes, I would love a monster that i can point too and say "I picked that =D", much like how Zone can say he helped animate the current Boss. Be kinda like that "pool samarai" thing that was mentioned last page from Shovel Knight.

Let's see.. if I wanted a Normal Boss critter, I'd prob pick either the Chimera like Mike said, or the Sphinx. Both are some interesting type monsters with many possibilities in design. I would of said "Bahamut" in the style of FF, but they've already hinted they want a real version XD

For a Secret Fight, I would pick either Yuri Hanna or Hyoko Dokomoshi (or both). Yuri would of been my pick if I had the funds for an Incarnation, as she's Ninja like that uses magic in the form of both vocal and hand signs (Yes, it sounds like Naruto but I swear I came up with the idea before I knew of the show/manga). If I had to put her in a Class, She'd be a dual class of Ninja/Mage, since her spells arn't Arts, but real magic that a mage would use. Hyoko's more like a Monk type char.. Goofy, ditzy, but has his heart in the right place, but with a dark internal secret.

Do you really believe most people can do that, though?
Well, the 7 Backers currently on that level aren't "most people" anyway, so who knows how you guys might ultimately shape these things up.

I still think that'd be the most fun way to do it though. Another potential perk of someone working on something lore relevant is that he/she would probably need to have more frequent chats with you guys to hammer out the details, so that's more bang for the buck in my mind. Sure it might be a "chimera" at the end of the day, but if it's the badass chimera I helped work on, and I just watched it wreck a bunch of people's Day1 runs, I'd be extremely happy with that!

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Well I say that not making mine a blood-orange (no, it's not red!) fat bat named Guu, would be a good first step.

Also I said "can" not "will".

Ah, my mistake. But yeah, making other people happy is kinda' like a bonus imo.

"If I had the dough"

That's the main thing... Ahhhh... so depressing... T_T

That's the main thing... Ahhhh... so depressing... T_T
Agreed T~T

but if it's the badass chimera I helped work on, and I just watched it wreck a bunch of people's Day1 runs, I'd be extremely happy with that!

I would pay to watch this happen

I don't think having an OC as a main boss or an incarnation is necessarily a troublesome thing if it will be modified to fit the aesthetic of the game. I mean, I'm definitely pushing it here, but just think about the current guest characters and how they've come along so far; they'd be in good hands.
Undertale. :^)

Reactions: @J-Boogie
Kampan
yqyhse0thxoucjhrwcay.png

A cheeky thief with a flare for theatrics, Kampan is a burglar like no other. Her agility and bravado, along with the sheer destructive force of her arm, have earned her the nickname "Iron Mouse" among Tai-Krung City authorities.

Originally a pickpocket trying to support her starving family, Kampan was arrested and pressed into service as a laborer at an Iron Kingdom ore processing facility. As an expendable prisoner, she was chosen to participate in a demonstration of the prototype new mining equipment under development there. However, the disastrous outcome of several test runs brought an abrupt end to the project, and the "unstable" arm was never completed.

Upon liberating herself - and the prototype - from the facility, Kampan took a keen interest in its inner workings. Using bits and pieces scavenged during her larcenous adventures, she's built the once-abandoned arm into a powerful tool and continues to improve upon it.

I don't think having an OC as a main boss or an incarnation is necessarily a troublesome thing if it will be modified to fit the aesthetic of the game. I mean, I'm definitely pushing it here, but just think about the current guest characters and how they've come along so far; they'd be in good hands.
Undertale. :^)
Yeah, just look at THE BAZ in shovel knight.

Also that new character is the best.

I'm already getting Gaige from Borderlands 2 vibes.
I mean, lookie here. Even has the robot arm.
latest

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit Ballard
Oh man, I can see her rubbing elbows with the likes of Vasco and Zebei. Just to mess with them.

Is that a furnace in her fist? Does that mean it's steam powered?
Does that mean Naga Rider's "legless mount" will also be steam powered?

I like these assumptions!

Depending on her ingame personality, I do believe I may have a 2nd Incarnation that will stick with me.

Dang it, now I can see Christina Vee voicing Kampan too. Like she could sound like a younger version of Cerebella or something...

I found my last team member. Although I'm curious how a giant arm would help with mining. You'd think it'd be a drill or something. But I still like her.

I found my last team member. Although I'm curious how a giant arm would help with mining. You'd think it'd be a drill or something. But I still like her.
I'm sure the Arm isn't the mining tool, but a support brace for a larger kit, like a heavier hammer, pick, or drill.

A thief eh? Color me interested in seeing how one remains stealthy with an oven for a glove.

I was honestly thinking the same thing XD

I'm already getting Gaige vibes.
Even has the robot arm.

I hear ya', but let's not forget to give a big hand to a certain other adventurer! :p

Mag_Launcher_by_TheArcanaQuotes.jpg
HYPED AS HECK!!!

Reactions: Professor Icepick
I'm sure the Arm isn't the mining tool, but a support brace for a larger kit, like a heavier hammer, pick, or drill.
But the thing is that the description makes it sound like the arm is the tool. Although I could see it being used the break walls allowing for other mining tools to have an easier time digging towards the ore and other minerals.

A thief eh? Color me interested in seeing how one remains stealthy with an oven for a glove.
I was honestly thinking the same thing XD

Maybe with the arm she from a "Pickpocket" kind of thief, now works like a "breaking trough places and stealing in large scale"...

I'm pretty sure L0 will help the boss, area and playable Incarnation tier backers to fit their idea in the game, because, you know, it's their money after all. Imagine that you want to donate 20k to put your OC into the game; the right way to approach said backer is "got you, man, let's sit and discuss your OC and how we can adapt him into the game's lore", not "hey man, I know it's your money, but if we take this monster from X lore I bet it will look cooler!"

You think she still tries pickpocketing with that thing :0

I love the grin on her face.