• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Goshdarn stop with the cute characters my heart can't take it

i don't know about the boss,but if i could design an incarnation i would want an eskimo.
his weapon?
penguins

I hope they're getting the write ups for rest of reveals done cause the money's going to come in droves

I hope they're getting the write ups for rest of reveals done cause the money's going to come in droves
I'm sure they've all been written up in advance already.

Naga Rider's "legless mount" will also be steam powered?
I like these assumptions!
...a naga is a snake, though.

I'm sure they've all been written up in advance already.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa...oh, my chest.
Yes, certainly.

Goshdarn stop with the cute characters my heart can't take it

Which still raises my question:

Is it possible to die from cuteness?

A thief eh? Color me interested in seeing how one remains stealthy with an oven for a glove.
The thief class in RPGs is commonly limited to unarmed/dagger type of weapons. I see this as an amusing play on that, as the power fist technically still belongs in the glove category.

Also detailed opinion on Kampan, spoilered for tl;dr
Yes.

Each time a new incarnation have been revealed, many called dib on them, telling they found a permanent team member. With 20+ incarnations, it's clearly a good sign!

Dang it, now I can see Christina Vee voicing Kampan too. Like she could sound like a younger version of Cerebella or something...
Interesting tidbit: in super early story concepts for Skullgirls, Cerebella was meant to be a thief.

Kampan is a thief. And has cyan hair. And has combat powers related with giant fists. And has thigh-high boots.
I daresay she is an equivalent of a certain someone from a different universe. Or should I say, their incarnation.

...a naga is a snake, though.
you are correct
I like that assumption even better
and in a way...snakes are steam powered too...but let's not get into that

yeah she's cute and all but does this mean that Musashi MacLeod is next

Guys, we shouldn't judge Kampan's ability to pickpocket from people with a giant robot arm (I mean, she clearly has a regular, not-gauntled arm for that). No, we should judge her ability to steal...

From all the hearts she's stolen

Reactions: Marrow
This is getting better, someone donated 1800 and 500.

The last days effect is picking up, we have to make sure it keeps growing. DON'T YOU FUCKING GET RELAXED

Guys, we shouldn't judge Kampan's ability to pickpocket from people with a giant robot arm (I mean, she clearly has a regular, not-gauntled arm for that). No, we should judge her ability to steal...

From all the hearts she's stolen
That made me smile and I hate it.
Musashi MacLeod
Assuming you are talking about the Scottish samurai, your nickname amuses me, however I raise you a juicy contradiction.

Really cool that Brady, the UI guy, designed this character:

Loooook! They let me make up and design an @IndivisibleRPG character! Then @o___8 redrew it and made it way better!

Here are my early drawings of Kampan from @IndivisibleRPG. The arm got waaaay bigger, and @o___8 simplified a lot.
CU8MkAiWEAA7Ksu.png:large

CU7h5C9UEAA8owi.png

This can potentially be used to illustrate for anyone curious about and/or interested in appropriate tiers what changes does a character go through from "design an NPC/boss/incarnation" to "Lab Zero's version".

Reactions: DimitriAwsometh
That really wants to see the other teams renditions of the incarnations, before it got Indivisible'd. If the other incarnations made by the other team members had original designs I'd love to see them.

Yooo $5k left till next reveal =D
Really? Wow the pace did pick up! I thought it was too early for the usual panic mode...those last reveal will probably give the finishing hit to finally win this campaign!

So close!

yo somebody told me they took Frida from el trige, made her taller gave her a giant robot arm and, put her indivisible lol .

she looks so awesome. shes a staple in mt team along with yan.

Really? Wow the pace did pick up! I thought it was too early for the usual panic mode...those last reveal will probably give the finishing hit to finally win this campaign!

So close!
Don't panic, man.

Just have faith.

I didn't think that we'd make all of the Skullgirls stretch goals, and yet, they did it.

80% boys! We're gonna frickin make it! As long as we keep praying! WITH LOVE IN OUR HEARTS!
Right!

We'll make it!

We just have to believe!

And donate.

But mostly believe!

We're going to make this happen with guts and effort!!!

Also, someone at Lab Zero should definitely give Brady a pat on the back for Kampan's design. She's really cool ^,^

Thoughts on this? =3

It means Lab Zero could go balls out and make all of the Huge Bosses. Heck, Make an entire dungeon a Boss. (I don't mean that as a suggestion but more as a possible example)

My question is why was it locked in the first place. I'm no expert on this so it confuses me. >:/

I'm gonna start calling people who mention Undertale in this thread, Underboobs.
:PUN:
Do you really believe most people can do that, though? :^P It's generally "I want to see MY character in here" rather than "I really hope they have a boss based on a chimera, I'm gonna make sure mine is a chimera!"
I would put in some Slavic floklore monster there. Although it would be hard to fit in since (AFAIK) geographically speaking none of the locations would be close to Eastern Europe.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa...oh, my chest.
Yes, certainly.
Not to be an asshole, but is there any particular reason for you not to have at least one character reveal ready in advance? Do you guys tweak them till the very last moment or is it just general business?

Reactions: erkicman
Dang it, now I can see Christina Vee voicing Kampan too. Like she could sound like a younger version of Cerebella or something...
I think she's good as Razmi. And Shantae.
I'm already getting Gaige from Borderlands 2 vibes.
I mean, lookie here. Even has the robot arm.
So I'm thinking a fitting VA would be Cherami Leigh.

When I first read about how L0 wanted huge bosses in the final game one of the first thoughts that came to mind was some kind of millipede or worm crawling along, and sure enough in that interview recently Alex mentions the Mongolian Death Worm.

Thoughts on this? =3
Not that I'm super up on PS4 dev stuff, but I haven't seen anything related to that at all. Not that our engine would need it for anything, but still.

Not to be an asshole, but is there any particular reason for you not to have at least one character reveal ready in advance?
Yes. The most applicable, realistic reason possible.
Do you guys tweak them till the very last moment or is it just general business?
We tweak them until the very last moment, but that's more related to the reason than a desirable outcome.

My question is why was it locked in the first place. I'm no expert on this so it confuses me. >:/

Not an expert but I know that sometimes they lock resources to be used exclusively by the operating system of the console. Perhaps they optimised it and now that core isn't needed any longer.

You think she still tries pickpocketing with that thing :0
I mean, she could always do it the way "The Murry" does it. Pick em up, shake all their gold out, and throw them in the nearest trashcan. Make snicker and laugh a bit before running off, leaving them only with a snide comment on their light pockets.

Either way, theives with theatrics are hilarious and I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: jam1220
I would put in some Slavic floklore monster there. Although it would be hard to fit in since (AFAIK) geographically speaking none of the locations would be close to Eastern Europe.
The indiegogo page shows a golem (Jewish folklore) and a Gargoyle (French folklore, I think ?). A monster inspired by Slavic folklore wouldn't be shocking to me.

The indiegogo page shows a golem (Jewish folklore) and a Gargoyle (French folklore, I think ?). A monster inspired by Slavic folklore wouldn't be shocking to me.
Well, yeah. You can say it migrated there. But that depends.
This mofo is okay if uninspiring
zmey_gorynych_big.jpg
I would probably pick Baba Yaga though (also she's yagA, not YAga >_>). She's pretty cool.
Bilibin._Baba_Yaga.jpg
But the coolest thing about her is her house.
e776c64fb0828831afd3b8cf3f71e984.jpg
And that could be trickier to put in smoothly. But overall I agree, it could be done. I wish Alex put some of that stuff in! =O *Sigh* Oh well.

I would probably pick Baba Yaga though (also she's yagA, not YAga >_>). She's pretty cool.
I read tons of Baba Yaga as a kid, I love her stories! :^)
And nobody here ever knew it was "yagA". Heh.

That's completely irrelevant but it pisses me to no end that Blizzard pronounces that one Overwatch character's name as zArya, and not zarYA. Ugh.

I would probably pick Baba Yaga though (also she's yagA, not YAga >_>).

it pisses me to no end that Blizzard pronounces that one Overwatch character's name as zArya, and not zarYA. Ugh.

The old Irish precursor to Halloween called "Samhain" is like an awful thorn in my brain every time I hear it on American TV.
It's 'sah-win' or 's-ow-win' not 'Sam Hayn'.

Plz give Scottish golf samurai a correctly pronounced Samhain mention to help lay this curse to rest ;_;