• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

talk about how predatory a lot of kickstarters are.

I think that's a bad idea, period. Trying to "win over" /v/ might be an even worse idea.
Just don't bother, the people that see the threads are sure to donate if they like it, the people that post all that stuff wouldn't have donated in the first place so there's nothing to gain.

A dev commentary still wouldn't hurt to have.

Reactions: Mr Peck
Okay but here's a suggestion: do not bring up the chans again, whatever you think of them.

I think that's a bad idea, period. Trying to "win over" /v/ might be an even worse idea.
Just don't bother, the people that see the threads are sure to donate if they like it, the people that post all that stuff wouldn't have donated in the first place so there's nothing to gain.

A dev commentary still wouldn't hurt to have.

I'm not talking about /v/. I don't go on 4chan but this mindset isn't exclusive to 4chan, you see it everywhere. You can't have a defeatist attitude when marketing, I'm sure there are plenty of people that are on the fence because of the things that the analysis outlines. We can't just rely on word of mouth or people to stumble on the project.

You can't have a defeatist attitude when marketing
I'm not sure that word means what you think it means...

Anyway, I did that talking thing on Salty, where're the posts of that?

oh hey guys i'm back from answering youtube comments what's going - oh...

*sees people talking about /v/*

sigh... I'll go look for the highlight of you talking Mike. It might help people be a little bit less uninformed about Indivisible.

sigh... I'll go look for the highlight of you talking Mike. It might help people be a little bit less uninformed about Indivisible.
D'aww, thanks yo!

Back to waiting for that Amazon then!
With any luck, we can get same-day delivery.

That's what he's based on isn't it?
Voodoo mind-control powder is kind of a real thing. I think it's limited to the "only mostly dead," but still makes people heavily suggestible and has wormed its way into Hatian culture.

The most ethically questioned and least scientifically explored ingredient of the powders, is part of a recently buried child's brain.
"Reminds me of the babe... with the power of voodoo" suddenly sounds that much creepier, and not just for being sung by David Bowie's tight pants.

. @Mike_Z A short video talking about misconceptions would be good, even comparing it to other kickstarter budgets if you have to, talk about how predatory a lot of kickstarters are.
...Did you see last night's stream? He did. It was glorious.

I know for one that my social circle is pretty thoroughly saturated, gotta find ways beyond word of mouth to market it.
This is the main problem I see. I know about six or seven people, tops. When I think "$1.5 Million is a lot of money," it's not in the sense that Lab Zero won't use it responsibly; I don't know how to get the word out quickly enough to enough new people per day. The demo is amazing, but it's effectively an infomercial- A highly informative, detailed demonstration of why a product's awesome. We just have to get people to listen to Billy Mays first.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
We just have to get people to listen to Billy Mays first.
BILLY MAYS HERE! YOU WANT A NEW GAME BUT TIRED OF THE SAME OLD, BORING RPGS?! YOU WANT TO BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF BOWLS OF RICE BUT DON'T WANT TO CLEAN UP THE MESS AFTERWARDS?! THEN TRY INDIVISIBLE! RUN AROUND LIKE THE WIND! LOOK AT HOW WELL THIS GIRL JUMPS OFF THESE WALLS! YOU WANT TO SMASH THAT BOWL OF RICE?! POW! YOU'RE NOW READY TO SMASH THAT THING TO THE NEXT WORLD!

And I ran out of snarky words.

BILLY MAYS HERE! YOU WANT A NEW GAME BUT TIRED OF THE SAME OLD, BORING RPGS?! YOU WANT TO BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF BOWLS OF RICE BUT DON'T WANT TO CLEAN UP THE MESS AFTERWARDS?! THEN TRY INDIVISIBLE! RUN AROUND LIKE THE WIND! LOOK AT HOW WELL THIS GIRL JUMPS OFF THESE WALLS! YOU WANT TO SMASH THAT BOWL OF RICE?! POW! YOU'RE NOW READY TO SMASH THAT THING TO THE NEXT WORLD!

And I ran out of snarky words.
Hey, it's better than trying to think up a way to "Wash away the filth with new Thorani-Clean!" :)

What if Narssus can make you shrink too:

Beetlejuice_beach-afterlife-painting.jpg

Well I'm going to be making something a little different... I will be using clips of Mike speaking to emphasize things that people could possible misunderstand.

I believe someone else is going to upload the raw onto youtube.

Cool idea @Ninja when you finished share us to spread the word.

@Grangach Yeah, that´s a excellent idea, let´s wait to Ninja finished the video to no repeat the important info that Mike said it and not divide the viewers with multiple videos, we could make something like a open note written of all SH the more consistent possible and obviously with the Mike Z comments in Salty about Indivisible crowfunding and dev.

@Wenzel someone slap that into a youtube clip and ship it off to destructoid and polygon.
Yeah, I'm downloading the stream now so I can cut out that portion and upload the whole thing to YouTube.

Wait a tic- Ajna rescues Narssus. Meaning we're not just getting a voodoo guy, we're getting a voodoo level. Land of the Livid Dead, onward ho!

Surely some incarnations will need to be "saved", others must be convinced to join the team like doing some favors or talking to them, and others you must fight them ( like Magus in Chrono Trigger. ) I'll like to see that not every Incarnation will join so easily.

Last edited:
Surely some incarnations need to be "saved", others must be convinced to join the team like doing some favors or talking to them, and others you must fight them ( like Magus in Chrono Trigger. ) I'll like to see that not every Incarnation will join so easily.

It was pretty much confirmed that Ajna's first Incarnation, Dhar, is a bad guy whom she accidentally Kirbies after beating him up. I'm mostly excited because I'm a sucker for setting and graveyard levels in particular. Hell, when I was a little kid my dad and I would visit cemeteries and look at the headstones.

...What?

Also, between Vasco and Narssus, here's hoping Ajna gets a shotgun for knocking back heavy enemies and busting through walls. Vasco 'cause guns and mercenary, Narssus 'cause B-movie references.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
It was pretty much confirmed that Ajna's first Incarnation, Dhar, is a bad guy whom she accidentally Kirbies after beating him up. I'm mostly excited because I'm a sucker for setting and graveyard levels in particular. Hell, when I was a little kid my dad and I would visit cemeteries and look at the headstones.

Yeah, I was talking about the rest of the incarnations, not only Dhar, until now apparently he's the only one who is evil, I wonder if the "Pirate Woman" and the "Brown Ussop" are evil too.

Who wants to bet that Vasco doesn't say anything in the entirety of the whole game? He just kinda stares and sometimes spits. and eating hamburgers

Would be a testament to the old Cowboy Movies.

I'd like to see a Woolie color palette for Narssus.

The wait for Aztec man is real...

I just realized something: There could be enemy head-bouncing! There's vertical collision with the platforms, so maybe you could have a "flying hat" platform that, if jumped on, causes the associated enemy to fall to the ground and lose health, while renewing your own jump. Horizontal collision with the enemy would lead to a battle state, whereas vertical collision with the hat would avoid battle and continue platforming.

Game play speculation is fun!

fixed
That too. I still want to know if Naga Rider is the Incarnation who slayed one of the dragons.

That too. I still want to know if Naga Rider is the Incarnation who slayed one of the dragons.
There's also a guy in the IGG trailer who seems to be wearing a dragon skin as a scarf over his armor.

Someone ought to make sure Jim Sterling sees this. Wasn't he going to do another video on crowdfunding?
aye Jim Streling did say that. However I do not think he would be too interested in seeing this for he has already taken a look at the Indiegogo Campaign and all the info that Mike as said in the video pretty much is in the indiegogo page.

There's also a guy in the IGG trailer who seems to be wearing a dragon skin as a scarf over his armor.
Wait really, which guy was that?

EDIT: Wait I found him yeah.

Is there some way this can get redone? Possibly including @Mike_Z himself with points made more clear and presentable and not over skullgirls gameplay with mike interrupting himself over cool plays? This is good info and should probably go up on labzero twitter or something or shared as heavily as possible elsewhere if not, but it doesn't seem very concise as is.

Is there some way this can get redone? Possibly including @Mike_Z himself with points made more clear and presentable and not over skullgirls gameplay with mike interrupting himself over cool plays? This is good info and should probably go up on labzero twitter or something or shared as heavily as possible elsewhere if not, but it doesn't seem very concise as is.
It'd be nice but right now this is what we have and I think it's information people should hear anyway.

Make a transcript of it.
Yeah, if somebody does that I'll add it to the description.

"it hurts to imagine destiny" i sympathize completely weatherbee (i think is the other guy talking?)

Already been mentioned before but still waiting for Naga rider, the wait is super real.