• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

there is one that I worked particularly hard on that I think people may freak out a bit over.
OH MAN I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS, yeah you all REALLY WISH you knew what this was!

Are there going to be any more character cameos?
I don't know. :^P

Last edited:
Today I learned:

So Simmons put up a video on his YoVideoGames channel on youtube telling people to support the game. Sifting through some of the comments out of morbid curiosity, I found something rather interesting.

Apparently, there's a lot of people pissed off at Lab Zero as a dev team for censoring those few filia/cerebella sprites in skullgirls to the point where they are aggressively using it as a base to convince people to not support this.

Ohhhhjhj he's here....and he's....wearing shoes? Hmmmm yup, I see. Tenoch clearly has hops, and I love it.

The guy running the channel is throwing out a lot of casual charges that racism and sexism are hurting the game, which is what most people are discussing in the comments as a result. Which is unfortunate, because I don't think Anja should be so solely defined as an ambiguously brown female or the art style not being "mainstream" enough for gamers to handle whatever that means.

Apparently, there's a lot of people pissed off at Lab Zero as a dev team for censoring those few filia/cerebella sprites in skullgirls to the point where they are aggressively using it as a base to convince people to not support this.
The long version of this is, in April or so we changed 28 frames out of more than 21,500 (0.01%) because they were either off-model or didn't meet our animation standards, and we'd been waiting to finally have time to do this for over three years, but oh noes some of them involved panties; six months later someone in charge of g*merg*te just heard about it and tweeted something about SG having some panty shots removed so obviously we're brainwashed and everyone should boycott us; people in more servile roles took it seriously; it got distorted to where people think we took all the panty shots out of the game; the person in charge then clarified that they were kidding with their initial tweet; but bad news travels faster than corrections, and now we are left with this result as the initial mistaken impression continues.
tl;dr It's nothing to even bother thinking about, really.
If people would like to attempt to discourage others from backing the game based on acknowledged misinformation, it's a free Internet. I'd like to imagine people can think for themselves, though.

Last edited:
Mind listing which characters had some frames changed

Remember that one Parasoul frame that got removed really early on? That was fun.

Reactions: Beuzer0

First of all, we can't "censor" ourselves - by definition, censorship is imposed from the outside.

So this was an artistic decision that we all made together as a team.

These ridiculous "attacks" are coming from a very small, disaffected corner of the internet.

Most of the people making these comments probably haven't even played the game, and are doing so under mistaken orders from a leader of their "movement."

These ridiculous "attacks" are coming from a very small, disaffected corner of the internet."

Each time the backer count rises it only shows more and more just how small the number of opposers actually are. It really puts my heart at ease to see that there are so many people that understand what is trying to be done here (and more are on the way!).

Good news: I raised the campaign total to: $825,099!
Bad news: Looks like I didn't get my refund for old tier I upgraded from. Well shit. I hope I'll get it soon.

Also, STANLEY HYPE TRAIN FOR NO APPARENT REASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN!!!!!!!

Also also, srs bsnss time, @Ravidrath, since I recall you was saying that extension should be requested in 3 BUISENESS days, what day is the last possible day to actually do that?

Good news: I raised the campaign total to: $825,099!
Bad news: Looks like I didn't get my refund for old tier I upgraded from. Well shit. I hope I'll get it soon.

Also, STANLEY HYPE TRAIN FOR NO APPARENT REASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN!!!!!!!
At least my hype train has a reason.

Also also, srs bsnss time, @Ravidrath, since I recall you was saying that extension should be requested in 3 BUISENESS days, what day is the last possible day to actually do that?

I think as long as we're there by Friday morning, we'll be OK.

Reactions: strangecity
I hope you're right. Would be a damn shame to miss the extension because of miscommunication =O

I hope you're right. Would be a damn shame to miss the extension because of miscommunication =O

I think will be not a problem :D we are a good pace, and has the EU PS4 Demo and the stream boost to make it even better! I think we will get the "extension deadline" soon :D

Less then 5k more and we make this the 3rd best day (again… we make yesterday became the 3rd better…). But at this pace and with both the EU PS4 Demo launch and a stream later, we can easily hit the 2nd best day!!!

Oh man, Tenoch is awesome, by far my favorite incarnation, been desperately waiting for more details on him since I saw him for the few seconds in the IGG trailer with the other incarnations, I have the biggest thing for precolumbian mesoamerica. Wonder if Ixtapoala is the Tenochtitlan inspired city we see in the screenshot on the story page of the IGG.

Also, @Mike_Z or @Ravidrath , I notice that his proportions seemed to have changed compared to how he looked in the IGG video, he looks a lot stockier, and his torso is a lot shorter compared to how he looked in that trailer, what's up with that? Are the exact designs still in a state of flux or is it just some sort of weird inconsistency?

Hoping the final/actual design's proportions are a little closer to the IGG video sketch then the colored one, personally.

wait what? Friday morning?
I think you'll be hitting that 60% by wednesday.

Those guys talking about the panty shots, this is nothing.

I've seen a guy on IGN comment sections saying that he wouldn't support Indivisible because he wanted Labzero to work on Skullgirls 2 instead...

You mean Balalaika? What's wrong with that?
It's not balalaika. It's oud. You probably don't want to say it out of context in Russia. Although it's not THAT bad.

Skullgirls/Indivisible are great because they get the fans of strong female protagonists supporting them and they also get the perverts supporting them. It's a win-win.
Indivisible doesn't even need fan service, Zone's name being attached pulls the perverts in. (Jokes on them though, Zone is too busy drawing Beowulfs and Bayonetta Lion Monsters to be drawing girls... well other than that one particularly sexy Eliza frame...)

I'm feeling optimistic now, so long as we reach 60% at a fast pace I think we'll hit some stretch goals.

Skullgirls/Indivisible are great because they get the fans of strong female protagonists supporting them and they also get the perverts supporting them. It's a win-win

I actually personally hate this statement. I know that it's true for other people, but the reason why I play SkullGirls and why I'm supporting Indivisible is because they are fun. They're fun and it has a layer of intuitive design that rewards the player for actually using their brain. I've seen comments about both SG and Indivisible that the games are boring, and the only reason why that is because that player isn't opening themselves up to the possibility for other stuff in the game, that they are limiting themselves and forcing the game to be boring. It's a certain lvl of "I've shown you the basics, from here on out I'm not going to hold your hand, think it up yourself kid" that Mike Z brings to the table, unfortunately this is something a lot of gamers have never gotten used to, they just got spoiled by games constantly guiding the player's hand.

But the second you do open yourself to the potential that both of these games have, a whole new world opens up. And this is the case with Indivisible, I know the limits due to it being a prototype, but I can also see that there is so much more that can be brought to the table if the game gets funded. And that thought alone wets my mouth with this hunger of possible combos, exploration, character building; that there is just so much here that I can't really describe my feeling beyond this urge, this fire in my bones, telling me that this game needs to happen.

And it saddens me to hear a comment about things like "perverts like it because it shows T&A, but it also has strong female leads so SJW don't get their shirts all tied up in a knot"
That's not what Lab Zero is about.

I actually personally hate this statement. I know that it's true for other people, but the reason why I play SkullGirls and why I'm supporting Indivisible is because they are fun. They're fun and it has a layer of intuitive design that rewards the player for actually using their brain. I've seen comments about both SG and Indivisible that the games are boring, and the only reason why that is because that player isn't opening themselves up to the possibility for other stuff in the game, that they are limiting themselves and forcing the game to be boring. It's a certain lvl of "I've shown you the basics, from here on out I'm not going to hold your hand, think it up yourself kid" that Mike Z brings to the table, unfortunately this is something a lot of gamers have never gotten used to, they just got spoiled by games constantly guiding the player's hand.

But the second you do open yourself to the potential that both of these games have, a whole new world opens up. And this is the case with Indivisible, I know the limits due to it being a prototype, but I can also see that there is so much more that can be brought to the table if the game gets funded. And that thought alone wets my mouth with this hunger of possible combos, exploration, character building; that there is just so much here that I can't really describe my feeling beyond this urge, this fire in my bones, telling me that this game needs to happen.

And it saddens me to hear a comment about things like "perverts like it because it shows T&A, but it also has strong female leads so SJW don't get their shirts all tied up in a knot"
can it be all of the above?

Reactions: missingno
I agree it's not. But those are objective outcomes of L0's choices, so it's foolish to not take those outcomes into consideration. Cause they, you know, exists. Don't see why we should scream 'No, you're liking it for wrong reasons!' at people.

Reactions: erkicman
I just hope no matter what happens, no matter one's politics, everyone resists the urge to make broad ideological pronouncements about what Indivisible means for the gaming industry as a whole.

It's a fun game with interesting mechanics and cool characters, everything else is a distraction that doesn't help sell the game to a broad audience.

"Tenoch is the most famous Ōllamaliztli player in the city-state of Ixtapoala"

OH noooooooooooooooo

you just had to. Didn't you.... Oh man Lab Zero, Have I told you guys that I love you? Aw geeze...

tfw all I have is a terrible PC and last-gen consoles and can never play India simulator or whatever this is

can it be all of the above?
Yeah. All I'm saying is that Lab Zero just isn't about those things.

I agree it's not. But those are objective outcomes of L0's choices, so it's foolish to not take those outcomes into consideration. Cause they, you know, exists. Don't see why we should scream 'No, you're liking it for wrong reasons!' at people.
I'm not saying they're not liking it for a wrong reason. I just feel like some people are just slightly missing the point of WHY Lab Zero makes games like this.

Soon gonna finally pass the SG campaign. It took longer days wise, but still a notable milestone which will now make it the new 2nd most highest raised game IGG.

Edit: NM soon it already passed it

yOuTh7v.png