• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

How many incarnations do we know of that are to be revealed? Irish Samurai guy and Robot Fist girl. Anyone else?

are all of the incarnation going to have voice actors ? cause that's alot of people i would completely understand if it was just text boxes
IIRC in-fight barks (i.e. "I'm ready Ajna", "Stop whining" and various grunts) will be voiced over, but story dialogue will be delivered via text, because it would cost too much to have it all voiced out. Also (again, not sure) making some select, important cutscenes voiced over was under consideration.

How many incarnations do we know of that are to be revealed? Irish Samurai guy and Robot Fist girl. Anyone else?
There's that old whistler guy, and the Renaissance looking archer, oh, and Ropes girl who reminds me a little of nurse Hallow and her arm made of syringes.
Edit: As for the steampunk dwarf, it's a character that looks like he's carrying a huge steampunk engine on his back, and wears small goggles. He reminds me of Robo from Chrono Trigger to be honest.

Who...? I don't remember seeing a character like that.
Here, with the others mentionned by E!Damnation:
index.php

What I'm really hoping with the guest characters is to have a little side quest involved with each of them and some slight backstory to their respect games. Like Annie's could start with with a weakened Double escaping into Ajna's realm after fighting with Annie and then trying to lure Ajna to the skullheart or into her own dimension to heal off her. Then Annie can find her way to Ajna's realm to explain the situation and finish off Double with Ajna or some jazz.

Juan's could involve Calaca and some realm shifting shenanigans and such.

Nah it will be much easier, when you start the game, enter DDB as your name and presto, it's Annie instead of Ajna!
More like, if you enter DDB as your name Annie will never join even if you fulfill the requirements - instead, she's an unwinnable boss battle and then it deletes your save.
::writes this down in the Ideas file::

where can we talk about ideas for the game and not be in fear of nixing those ideas from the game? somewhere not in skullheart?
SH is fine - if you wanna make a thread for it that I'll never visit, or something. Just not HERE in a thread I have to visit often, please. :^)

I wonder if I can have my side quest be the gate keeper to all those guest incarnations.
I am more down for this than you'd believe, although we certainly have ideas.

Now a legit question: I donated to get a palette in the game when will I be able to tell you guys my palette choice? Will it be through an email. This is my first time crowd funding something so I'm a bit new to this.
I think you're confused. "Backer colors" means you get colors we make, which nobody except backers will get.
Considering a custom palette in SG was $400, it's unreasonable to expect one for $30. :^P

btw will there be any incarnations tankier than others?
Yes, they will not all have the same health/defense/etc.

are all of the incarnation going to have voice actors ? cause that's alot of people i would completely understand if it was just text boxes
That's the plan!
They will probably not all be separate VAs (e.g. I'd voice Zahra, Baozhai, and Phoebe, not have them all be different people), and definitely NOT ALL dialogue will be spoken, but there will be spoken story lines outside of just combat.

What I'm really hoping with the guest characters is to have a little side quest involved with each of them and some slight backstory to their respect games.
At the very least they'll have backstory, and will be more involved with the game than just "Hey guys, what's up, can I join?"

Like Annie's could
[snip]
Juan's could [snip]
JUST when I was happy with a post of yours... :^P

I feel like a separate idea thread with a disclaimer in the OP stating that all items located inside are considered fair use for Lab Zero, under the assumption that any idea was already previously thought of by the team. Something like that seems about right... but I don't know legal mumbo jumbo. :x

I'm semi drunk excuse any faulty garammar pelase
new incarnation video
I really like the direction this is going, I thought thorani was just a jolly ol' dancing girl, but that information makes her really isnterestging

Mike's showing off his golden voice...

Now we need to get this game funded. I personally want to see just how many characters Mike will try to voice in this game.

I'm going to put down 50 Bones (145 US American Dollars) betting that Mike's going to do... hmmm 6 voices, at minimum. Oh and one of those voices will be Samurai Scotsman.

Edit oh and another must have voice for Mike has to be a village elder. It just has to happen. Wise old sage, Mike Z.

Last edited:
Mike's showing off his golden voice...

GASP!

*Just realized that one of the incarnation may be the equivalent of Real Soviet Damage Mike*

We really need this game!

JUST when I was happy with a post of yours... :^P
Those weren't really suggestions as much as I-would-enjoy-seeing-something-to-this-nature

I'm well aware of your disdain for suggestions on here :P

EDIT: I guess rereading it again, it did sort of sound like suggestions lol

I'm well aware of your disdain for suggestions on here :P
"exasperation with", not disdain for. :^) Personally I'm fine with them, but Juju kinda changed that.

less than $6000 from the $1million checkpoint. Everyone prepare your doctor evil memes.

"exasperation with", not disdain for. :^) Personally I'm fine with them, but Juju kinda changed that.

Really sad to see how deep is the scar created by the Juju episode....

less than $6000 from the $1million checkpoint. Everyone prepare your doctor evil memes.

Mine is ready... but I will be in bed at time we hit the mark :(

Really sad to see how deep is the scar created by the Juju episode....
It's not a scar. Lemme try to explain this.
Juju showed how attempting to use a fan's idea, with credit and with explicit permission, can go LEGALLY WRONG. The alternatives are to use fan ideas WITHOUT credit, which can go just as legally wrong, or not to use them at all. Since we'd like to remain in business and out of court, the idea is "not at all".
In case you wonder about the "make your own monster/incarnation/boss/NPCs" tier and how it relates to this, it is then a collaboration, which is an entirely different thing.

It's not a scar. Lemme try to explain this.
Juju showed how attempting to use a fan's idea, with credit and with explicit permission, can go LEGALLY WRONG. The alternatives are to use fan ideas WITHOUT credit, which can go just as legally wrong, or not to use them at all. Since we'd like to remain in business and out of court, the idea is "not at all".
In case you wonder about the "make your own monster/incarnation/boss/NPCs" tier and how it relates to this, it is then a collaboration, which is an entirely different thing.

If you know/had to guess, why do other smaller studios/companies (obviously huge publishers have the lawyers to manage it) not have a problem with taking fan suggestions? Are they just not aware it can bite them in the ass later, do think that it's so unlikely it's not worth considering?

If you know/had to guess, why do other smaller studios/companies (obviously huge publishers have the lawyers to manage it) not have a problem with taking fan suggestions? Are they just not aware it can bite them in the ass later, do think that it's so unlikely it's not worth considering?
I think there have been cases of video game companies being sued by people because "they stole their idea/logo/character". Usually, the big companies always win, so... Still, I'd like to read Mike's answer.

I don't know, I'm not them. Do you know, without asking, why some other person won't eat spaghetti even though you will?

I doubt many of the SMALLER studios have had an experience as painful as the whole Juju thing was for us. Many do not realize that by accepting a fan suggestion you also associate yourself with that fan, which may be undesirable.
And I know the BIGGER studios always say on their contact pages "WE DO NOT TAKE SUGGESTIONS; any idea submitted to us automatically becomes our property." Even when they have contests, they say that. So I guess I'm curious where you get the idea they take fan things. :^|
The difference here being, these ideas are not submitted to us, they're just posted.

Honestly, when i look at the doujin scene where tons of 'spiritual sequel' is made (some with high class, most being rather cheap, almost all replacing the characters with touhou characters...), you gotta wonder why no court action is taken against them...the answer being that it's not worth it because most of them are rather poor.

So...being sued is sign of success? In all cases, the Jujugate took ridiculous proportion, especially when we talk about a character that wasn't even in the game yet...let's just forget it and move on. It's not like they needs fans idea to fill their game already!

Last edited:
Honestly, when i look at the doujin scene where tons of 'spiritual sequel' is made (some with high class, most being rather cheap, almost all replacing the characters with touhou characters...), you gotta wonder why to court action is taken against them...the answer being that it's not worth it because most of them are rather poor.

So...being sued is sign of success? In all cases, the Jujugate took ridiculous proportion, especially when we talk about a character that wasn't even in the game yet...let's just forget it and move on. It's not like they needs fans idea to fill their game already!
But ZUN, the guy behind the Touhou games, actually encourages his fans to create their own works based on his danmaku games. If I remember correctly, the whole Juju fiasco happened because the one who must not be named couldn't keep his mouth shut after he literally agreed to do so.

But ZUN, the guy behind the Touhou games, actually encourages his fans to create their own works based on his danmaku games. If I remember correctly, the whole Juju fiasco happened because the one who must not be named couldn't keep his mouth shut after he literally agreed to do so.

Oh, i wasn't talking about ZUN characters getting everywhere(as you said, it's encouraged by ZUN itself. I'm still baffled by how much they got widespread.), but the opposite : doing a mario or a megaman game with ZUN characters, it's capcom or nintendo that could sue, but they don't. I'm not saying that they should, but these 'copy' are quite obvious often.

And yeah, all the trouble was caused by Voldemor...

I don't know, I'm not them. Do you know, without asking, why some other person won't eat spaghetti even though you will?

I doubt many of the SMALLER studios have had an experience as painful as the whole Juju thing was for us. Many do not realize that by accepting a fan suggestion you also associate yourself with that fan, which may be undesirable.
And I know the BIGGER studios always say on their contact pages "WE DO NOT TAKE SUGGESTIONS; any idea submitted to us automatically becomes our property." Even when they have contests, they say that. So I guess I'm curious where you get the idea they take fan things. :^|
The difference here being, these ideas are not submitted to us, they're just posted.

I understand the Lab 0 point, @Mike_Z, and comprehend the way used to not need to worry about. And respect this.

I only want to understand more about, and, for this, I will make more questions about...

The Juju episode, if Im right, is about a character suggestion make for a "fan" to a unnamed character (the sniper called by Parasol), who gives name and physical attributes and an official L0 member draw the characters based in this. I dont know where (facebook, twitter) the suggestion happen.

Im still not understand HOW someone can make a SUGGESTION in an OFFICIAL GAME FORUM, using characters and mechanics from a game already copyrighted can sue someone because his suggestion are used! Other point is if an idea as SUGGESTED, is give, not selled. If you want sell an idea, make a MP post offering your product to a staff member.......

Juju episode is little diferent, the fan create a character in concept, one not existing in the game. Ok! But suggesting something about things already existing (like a new move for a fighting character) is strange... you are making a creation over a creation of another person, who dont give to you the license and you cannot do anything with your idea if the other don't want.

Now a problem: If I start to list all and every move or power all the Indivisible characters can do, as a suggestion, can I destroy the game creation, because L0 cannot use any? Probably no! Lab 0 can say this moves already planned and the suggestion are make after. This argue is safe? Someone still can sue Lab 0 (but can lose anyway). But Lab 0 can use this argue to any non specific suggestion (like shrink Bretto... is possible Lab 0 are thinking about this before I make my suggestion), but not with a high specific situation (like... well... I cannot think one without create some new character/dance/move/history). But I still think impossible halt a game suggesting too much....

As I said, is only to discuss. Is better simple avoid all this don't getting any suggestion. And has the ego problem Mike already said: If you use someone idea, this people can span in all forum "im important, they get my idea!" thing...

Im Marvel Heroes forum, them the character Blade Test Center topic are posted, someone readly said: "Hey!!!! They using a lot of moves I talk in my topic Blade Moves Suggestion". The staff answers something like: "Great coincidence! You are using the same material as us (comics) to make your topic! Great Minds think the same :D". But the guy insist and staff answers: "Well, the Blade project starts in end of 2014, and you topic are created in 2015... we planned a lot before you make your suggestions. Great suggestion, but we are already thinking about this a lot of time before". This can resume a lot of my wall of text. Sadly I cannot find the topic to link now :(

Last edited:
Back