• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

I see. Thanks! I was getting kind of confused between suggestions and feedback since they look like synonyms to me.

I have a question. Don't the ideas of being community-driven as stated in the campaign and not accepting suggestions conflict?
Community-driven development means paying attention to the community's feelings and opinions, as opposed to not paying attention to them at all.
Accepting suggestions or examining decisions from the community when we ask for them, and accepting those things unsolicited, are two VERY different things.
Multiple times during the SG Beta we've asked "Do you prefer ___ or ___?" and listened to the answer, whereas people just randomly saying "Hey you guys NEED TO ____" will not be treated the same way.

Once the game is finally funded, and (assuming what you said before) that after some years of development, all of you release this game fully, what will be the next plans on schedule?, i mean, what are L.0 next plans after this?, or i can assume you guys haven't thought on anything solid, yet.

Once the game is finally funded, and (assuming what you said before) that after some years of development, all of you release this game fully, what will be the next plans on schedule?, i mean, what are L.0 next plans after this?, or i can assume you guys haven't thought on anything solid, yet.
How about let's focus on the current thing that stretches for the next few years...?!
I mean I'm sure you're angling for Skullgirls 2, but honestly I'm not even thinkin' about what's AFTER Indivisible considering there is no Indivisible yet.

How about let's focus on the current thing that stretches for the next few years...?!
I mean I'm sure you're angling for Skullgirls 2, but honestly I'm not even thinkin' about what's AFTER Indivisible considering there is no Indivisible yet.

Oh, thanks for answering!, I didn't meant it in a bad way, it is just my habit of always thinking about the future of things, because time flies, and once you realize it, this game is out, pay me no mind then, good luck with Indivisible!

Note that SG's style is not Indivisible's style.

It's funny that you say that. Although Indivisible and Skullgirls are somewhat different, the styles are somewhat very similar. I can kinda see what you mean when you say that though.

But I can see why someone would think that indivisible and Skullgirls look extremely similar (Also Indivisibles proportions are a lot more realistic than Skullgirls exaggerated proportions.)

It's funny that you say that. Although Indivisible and Skullgirls are somewhat different, the styles are somewhat very similar.
Is it funny? I can see why someone would think they look similar too, but "similar" is not "the same". So I'm kinda not sure how that's relevant.
Your painting may be similar to a Bob Ross painting, but that does not make it a Bob Ross painting.

Even just removing the dye layer from Indivisible's art changes it a lot:
y5nznxhvi3jpawbqrxfb.png

Is there anything else? Body proportions?
Yes, the use of "even" implies there is more that just that. But that was my easiest programmer example.
I'm not an artist, body the proportions are different, the shading is different...

Just compare virtually any Skullgirls character's ankles to Ajna's and you'll start to see the style differences.

Asking "Are the art styles different?" when you can literally just go look at both games seems kind of... silly?
(I don't just mean the character concept art. That's mostly done by Alex and will lean towards his SG style more than the ingame stuff)

Reactions: Midiman
Compare any SG character's legs in general to Ajna, really.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
That's 22 playable (non-guest) Incarnations officially revealed now.
They've said there's 27 going to be in the final game.

There's still 6 shown in the trailer that have not been revealed yet.
22+6 is 28.

WHO IS GONNA DIE?
HEY LAB ZERO YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL????

IF AT ONE POINT IN THE GAME AN INCARNATION DIED THAT WOULD BE RAD AND MAKE ME VERY HAPPY

I HOPE YOU LIKE MY SUGGESTION AND TAKE IT

don't start doing this whenever there's something you don't like. I'm joking here but it would upset me to see people posting like this unironically

Reactions: Agent J
So there is this one bad thing that I don't want anybody to do so I'll do it myself right now.
Seems legit.

Is it funny? I can see why someone would think they look similar too, but "similar" is not "the same". So I'm kinda not sure how that's relevant.
Your painting may be similar to a Bob Ross painting, but that does not make it a Bob Ross painting.

Even just removing the dye layer from Indivisible's art changes it a lot:

I guess I worded my sentence wrong. Honestly the common person would still probably compare the art to Skullgirls. Wasn't saying Indivisibles style is the same as Skullgirls.

Honestly what I'm trying to say doesn't seem to want to come out, so I apologize for even bringing it up.

HEY LAB ZERO YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL????

IF AT ONE POINT IN THE GAME AN INCARNATION DIED THAT WOULD BE RAD AND MAKE ME VERY HAPPY
The one that dies is your most used incarnation

The true 28'th Incarnation is.... Ajna herself... She absorbs herself and becomes the last incarnation!

... wait..

So there is this one bad thing that I don't want anybody to do so I'll do it myself right now.
Seems legit.
Oh it's just that it came out initially as a joke, as in "lab zero can't consider suggestions, hence if I suggest bad things they will not happen". Then I realised people might take it seriously and might start things like that so I added that last part.

In that case you're better off saying what you consider frustrating and ask the dev what he/she thinks of it, like how I asked mike if he was considering breakable weapons like in VP and I said that I personally dislike the concept and he told me what he thought of it. Gameplay tweaks and all the small things you know.

My paranoia knows no limits.

Incarnation #22, Tatanka, the million-dollar-man has many fascinating aspects:
  • Like the Scottish Samurai Incarnation, Tatanka appears to be cultural fusion. His name, if the same origin as the professional wrestler, is a Lakota word that literally means "bull buffalo". Pair that with his facepaint, distinctly in a kabuki (a classical Japanese dance-drama), style.
  • The makeup is specifically kumadori (stage makeup worn by kabuki actors, particularly when performing in the bold and bombastic aragoto style). Bright red stripes indicate a powerful hero role. Thanks, Wikipedia
  • With his unamed ancient spirit, Tatanka is another pair Incarnation along the likes of Razmi & Bom and Kushi & Altun.
  • Considering his possible name meaning, the horns he wears and the fur chaps are probably buffalo.
  • Joins Narssus, and Lanshi on team No-Shoes, a.k.a. team "oh-please-no-Ajna-let's-not-go-to-that-fire-level-arrgh-my-feet-are-burning"
WHO IS GONNA DIE?
Hate to be Katniss Evermean, but if one of 'em had to be axed, I'd pick the archer guy purely because Zebei and Phoebe are already archers.

Is it just me or the donations have stopped all of a sudden?

This is not good.

I didn't understand a single word of the last incarnation's description and I don't know how I should feel about that

Reactions: Cheesedragon
Is it just me or the donations have stopped all of a sudden?

This is not good.
Don't worry the donations seem to come in bursts, there will be plenty more eventually. Besides, just because we aren't hitting a daily rate doesn't mean we won't make it.

I didn't understand a single word of the last incarnation's description and I don't know how I should feel about that

He was a shaman that allowed people to speak with their love ones that had passed on. He lives next door to a Warlock of a similar name who was expecting a delivery of ingerdients. Tatanka got the ingredients, and the next time he tried to speak with a spirit, the ingredients reacted. The spirit held on to Tatanka and developed the ability to remain in the real world through him. Now the spirit is attached to Tatanka and he's looking for someone to separate them.

I think...

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I mean, it's not like L0 are completely and utterly incapable of taking community suggestions.
I really doubt they organically came to the conclusion to give Squigly a raging demon independent of the memery that goes on within this community.

Everyone happy about Tatanka's design? You happy you got that full sized shirtless muscle man you wanted? You gonna leave alone now?

Truth is, Tatanka wasn't the big '1 Million Dollar' reveal, the Naga Rider trailer was.

Is there anything else? Body proportions?
I've noticed the eyes are quite different.

With his unamed ancient spirit, Tatanka is another pair Incarnation along the likes of Razmi & Bom and Kushi & Altun
Do Naga Rider and his mount also count as a duo?

p.s. That cultural infusion stuff is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Yeah, the wording of that last one actually confused me too. I had to read it a couple of times to understand it.
Me too. The part with the name got me a bit lost.

His design kinda confuses me. Is his head the demon-infested part of him, or is that how he usually looks and the demon is just invisibly inside him?

His design is reminiscent of kabuki costumes, so it's just an outfit he's wearing (you can see he has brown hair poking out from under his wig).

Incarnation #22, Tatanka, the million-dollar-man has many fascinating aspects
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I mean, my initial reaction was "Wait, is he based on Native American culture or is he a kabuki actor?", so I feel much better now that I know he's another fusion of cultures. I wonder if Tatanka and Vasco are going to have... issued trying to work together (the whole Indians vs Cowboys thing). For now, I hope L0 have a surprise for all of us, people like surprises, right?

Okay, assuming we lose and average of 6k per day like that guy in the earlier post said. We'd only need to push for 120-150k on the final day(s), so it's no biggy.
We're more then within the final realm of possibility.
Not necessarily true, as Mike noted the extension now puts the campaign ending around holiday season, which is less than ideal for enticing donations. Ever since Skullgirls I've been way more interested in the crowd psychology behind crowdfunding than the actual campaign. I wish there was access to crowdfunding data that was better than stuff like crowdcharts, but I don't know any sites like that.

Not necessarily true, as Mike noted the extension now puts the campaign ending around holiday season, which is less than ideal for enticing donations. Ever since Skullgirls I've been way more interested in the crowd psychology behind crowdfunding than the actual campaign. I wish there was access to crowdfunding data that was better than stuff like crowdcharts, but I don't know any sites like that.
That's why I'm hoping for a surprise. I'm not sure, but I heard there's going to be a 505 Games press conference, so hopefully they'll reveal something there, like another guest Incarnation (based on what Peter said to Polygon, that they hoped to reveal more guest characters in the future). The right character would give the campaign a very important boost, I think, but this is just my opinion, of course, I don't want Mike or any other member of the team think I know how to run THEIR business.

His design kinda confuses me. Is his head the demon-infested part of him, or is that how he usually looks and the demon is just invisibly inside him?

That's how Kabukis looks like:

A good reference is Kyoshiro from Samurai Shodown:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/kyoshiro.html

I liked how Kyoshiro was one of the few characters that changed drastically in almost all aspects ( animations, poses ).

can i just say I am shocked that there is no Indivisible version of this yet:
tumblr_m2rihzVnCr1rqtcbqo1_1280.jpg

I mean there's one for fucking Pinkie Pie for Christ's sake.
I would do an image for Naga Rider if I had the photoshop skills, or the actual photoshopping tool for it.

Useless Musing: I wonder what role Roti will play...

Slightly Less Useless Musing: I really hope some kids just tell their parents "Hey for Christmas, could you put some money into this Indiegogo campaign instead of spending that money getting me socks or Xbox games?"