• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

Guillotine? Nice job Pikmario for planning your OWN contingency plans. Truely, at least one of them will work. Or some.
Hopefully, ALL
Crowbar FTW. Works for Freeman.

Guillotine? Nice job Pikmario for planning your OWN contingency plans. Truely, at least one of them will work. Or some.
Hopefully, ALL
Already planning on getting so drunk I forget the tournament even happened.

Already planning on getting so drunk I forget the tournament even happened.
But what does this do about the Taluda Trial?
BETTER BE SOBER FOR 3V3
Protip: Like Jackie Chan in that one movie, drinking while playing on the Glass Canopy stage with Broseidon in the background gives a x2 damage multiplier to your damage. So be sure to drink heavily if you see Duckator at the start of a match.

Updated the OP. Autumn is donating $1000 to the prize pot. That's obviously on top of all entry fees.

Also been updating the list of entrants. Also learned how to spell "divvied." Wtf, right?

good ol autumn. To bad that money will never be mine ;-;

I like to believe that money is ours, of every laughter and every salty tear of our dear skullgirls fans and elite alike.

In the smile of every children,
in the improper behavior of every dog,
in every curl of Mike's hair,
in every autumn's pockets... our money shall be there...
except those $1000 for their are...

To clarify, the hotel itself still has rooms available. I know because I booked some of them. What Wiz means is that the block of rooms they're offering at their special EVO rate are sold out, and you can only get rooms at the regular rate.

Last edited:
By the time pre-reg closed, we had a little over 170. After taking on-site entrants, we just barely made it over 200.

Reactions: Wenzel
Lol, Top 10 players (in the right order I might add) didn't enter yet.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1214.jpg

I have to register for Evo badge ugh

Reactions: earlfriend
Dude i registered a while back!

I was trying to trick you into using the forums. :P

(Just kidding, you're right. I forgot you signed up already.)

Will there be any pre-evo festivities in LV?

Reactions: Mwisk
Can someone explain how the pools work? Is it a double elimination bracket? How many people per pool?
Is there seeding to make sure you don't get 5 top players in one pool?

Can someone explain how the pools work?
If you win a lot, you continue in the tournament. If you don't, you don't.
Is it a double elimination bracket?
Yes.
How many people per pool?
Some. Probably 16.
Is there seeding to make sure you don't get 5 top players in one pool?
By region, probably. By rank, you wouldn't be involved. :^P

to be fair, if we seeded by rank, we'd need 3 pools. One for Taluda, one for Duck, and one for Winnie.

I mean we'll separate out like Duck, Winnie, Taluda, etc, but since we have had few large tournaments this year ;_; there really isn't a large list of people that should get seeded. Region over everything anyway.
[Mike makes more work for render] Part of the reason for online registration is that, aside from on-site people, I'd like to have the pools prepared early. That way if you feel something is fishy you can point it out. You know, like UFGT did.*

I don't think I deserved that...
But thank you for your reply.
You did not, I said it only to see what the response would be. You shoulda just called me a jerk, Mr. Nice Person. :^)

* After UFGTX I firmly believe that the correct answer to "How is this going to work?" with regard to scheduling/registration/DQs at any tournament should be "Like UFGT did." Hats off to Keits.

You did not, I said it only to see what the response would be. You shoulda just called me a jerk, Mr. Nice Person. :^)
No games please I'll seriously lose sleep ;__;
As a Canadian I have to be as nice as possible!

Registered
After UFGTX I firmly believe that the correct answer to "How is this going to work?" with regard to scheduling/registration/DQs at any tournament should be "Like UFGT did." Hats off to Keits.
I'm sure both you and Keits share similar experiences of internally screaming at people and companies when they don't do simple things to make everyone's life better.

My personal unbiased opinion is that seeding should be done based on the Shoryuken.com Skullgirls rankings
I say it should go based off of SG ranking on steam.

#Top300

You sure you're still top 300? Last I checked, you and Duck were falling.

You sure you're still top 300? Last I checked, you and Duck were falling.
I don't even play ranked

I'm higher ranked than Duck on Steam... that's how wrong everything in this world is.

*Top300andEvo33Away

Reactions: earlfriend
I don't know if they've been getting my reminder emails so I'll call them out here:

@Alcren
@GeneralMunoz
@Zidiane
@GirlyStyle
@Shin ATproof
@CFC_JSmooth
@Domo
Quint/Zeldias
mistaFOO

You all still need to pay for your registration. You don't need to reply to this thread about it, and I'm not trying to rush you, I just want to make sure you don't forget! I assume you don't want to pay $15 on-site rather than $10 online. :P

I don't know if they've been getting my reminder emails so I'll call them out here:
I haven't been getting any e-mails. I'll pony up today.

Also, how many we got registered so far?

I haven't been getting any e-mails. I'll pony up today.

They might be going to your spam folder. The email I've been using is evoprereg(at)labzerogames.com.

Also, how many we got registered so far?

93 as of this post.