• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Mar 22, 2014] Team St1ckbug (Brooklyn, NY)

Alright, good/bad news:

The date might be pushed to March 29th; I'm waiting on the official word from Dai (which shouldn't take longer than a few days).

this is pretty important. Hope you get the info soon

Alright, good/bad news:

The date might be pushed to March 29th; I'm waiting on the official word from Dai (which shouldn't take longer than a few days).

Any words on this?

Oh damn, this is less than a hour away from my end of NY more or less via car. Shame I can't go though, due to a lack of car amongst a few other reasons.
Someone may be willing to pick you up. Which part of NY are you at?

YAY, ICKY! :D

I'm sorry (not sorry), but I'm just thoroughly excited to meet you all, especially since some of you have given me really good matches.

I'm just thoroughly excited to meet you all
That's it, I'm not coming. And it's your fault. Thank Retro, everybody, thank Retro, you will now be experiencing 100% less Zid. Thanks a lot Retro, you and your excitement. Always ruining things for people. Especially me. I coulda had a really fun day, but now I'll just have to go shopping for socks before I file some taxes while I drink water. See what you did.

Oh hi, damn you guys got busy, I like that.

Here's the event info, please update first post with that.

4013 8th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232

Equipment needed: We NEED PS3s

PLEASE CHECK YOUR GAME FOR TIME, ELIMINATION RULES, AND ENTRY FEE

Finals are subject to change based on time.
King of Fighters XIII
2 PM SHARP. CALL ME OR SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF YOU ARE LATE!
2/3 Rounds. 2/3 Matches.
$5 Double Elimination
Will be played on 360.

Skullgirls Encore
3 PM
2/3 Rounds. 2/3 Matches.
$5 Double Elim

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma
4 PM
2/3 Rounds. 2/3 Matches. 3/5 matches for finals.
$5 Double Elim

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R
5 PM
2/3 Rounds. 2/3 Matches. 3/5 matches for finals.
$5 Double Elimination

And for the love of god, and me, report your matches AS SOON AS THEY ARE FINISHED. This makes the tournament run faster and efficiently and makes me less frustrated.

Streaming: Arturo Sanchez of Team Spooky is streaming! http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Side events are always welcome. Once things have died down, we can play anything!

We also have a facebook page. Check it out here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-St1ckbug-Tournaments/224577610899582

If you use facebook to keep track of the event, join this group. I WILL ONLY BE INVITING PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/518216978271919/

So everyone, bring the hype, bring the skills, and God Bless the Ring!

Last edited:
Reactions: RetroStation
Did people not see my message? Was it cause of the mod approval thing?

Did people not see my message? Was it cause of the mod approval thing?
Yeah it was. New member posting a long post I guess sets the flag. You're seeable now.

I didn't see your post when I posted my post but it could've been because I didn't refresh the page, lol

Just wondering, since you mention you need ps3s I can bring mine along no prob, but do you need monitors too? I can lug around my PC monitor if need be and hook that up.

Ok I see (regarding post visualzation). Just making sure I understand

Just wondering, since you mention you need ps3s I can bring mine along no prob, but do you need monitors too? I can lug around my PC monitor if need be and hook that up.

Monitors aren't so necessary. The PS3 thing is because the venue is 360 based.

Add like 40 mins if you're gonna attempt to find parking lol.
How real is this? I've never been to NY before so I dunno what to expect.

I'm really thinking about going since it's about an hour south from me... debating on whether to go on train or find a ride.

Reactions: dekillsage
Finding parking in brooklyn is a pain in the ass. It's why I prefer taking the train. I grew up in nearby Jersey City and later near Newark, so there's always a train ride near me to get into the city. No, seriously, fuck driving in manhattan or brooklyn.

Finding parking in brooklyn is a pain in the ass. It's why I prefer taking the train. I grew up in nearby Jersey City and later near Newark, so there's always a train ride near me to get into the city. No, seriously, fuck driving in manhattan or brooklyn.
More like, "Fuck driving in NYC." I was so glad I sold my car a year or so ago; got tired of parking issues, along with people who didn't know how to drive.

@Pikmario, if you do end up driving in, give yourself extra travel time to find parking. You're definitely going to need it.

Reactions: Lethalmind
In a word: Yes.

I'll be bringing my ps3
@ShadeMoneh @Lethalmind are either of you bringing yours?
I can. Not sure if i can also bring monitor but i will if can.

EDIT:

Its muy real, playa. You are 99% likely to not find parking next to the venue. I always get parking several blocks away lol. Spent so long one time i ended up parking next to a hydrant and well...that didnt end well.

Last edited:
It's funny and sad that this is bigger than Apex was.

Reactions: dekillsage
How big (read: small) was APEX?

Makes sense since the game will actually be streamed and is a main game. Even if it's a monthly having the stream/main game status does a lot.

How big (read: small) was APEX?
10 people. I would've gone but the weather was too bad to travel anywhere.

I will try to go this time though.

How can parking be real when driving in NYC isn't real?

How can parking be real when driving in NYC isn't real?
No one in New York drives. There's too much traffic.

Regardless, I'll give it a try by car and figure out what needs doing for any future endeavors.

Someone wrote earlier how this was changed to march 29th? Can I please get a confirmation of the date?

Someone wrote earlier how this was changed to march 29th? Can I please get a confirmation of the date?
It's confirmed on the 22nd

Reactions: Icky