• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 23, 2014] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 10 (UFGT) (Rosemont, IL)

Mr. X

Groovy
Reaction score
UFGT10:X (Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 10: X) is confirmed for May 23-25th, 2014. We’ll be at the same amazing venue as last year, the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare, with some slight improvements.

We’d love to know what you want to see next year, so tweet @TheKeits and let us know.

We’ll start updating the website, and new information is sure to follow. We’ll let you know when the hotel reservation link is ready so you can get the discounted group rate.

Skullgirls is in!

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/games/

Tournament Info
http://ufgtus.wordpress.com

definitely gonna make it out to this.
little early for concrete plans but i am willing to carpool anybody coming from the indianapolis area or share a room with someone.

Just emailed the hotel to see if the age limit is 18 or 21, and I got this reply:
We are just in the process of putting together our room block for the UFGT – it will be finalized for you to make reservations starting next week sometime. Meanwhile, the age is 21 for our hotel.

While that obviously states the hotel is 21, the whole beginning part confuses me as to if there will be an ability for change for the event. I'll just assume the safer route and assume it won't, in which case:
I am looking for someone to split a room with, just go halfsies on the room cost.

who's up for a salty suite? I know worldjem and I are interested plus if we want to be able to record/stream we should try to organize it in advance. More peeps we have the better

Reactions: wiredgod
who's up for a salty suite? I know worldjem and I are interested plus if we want to be able to record/stream we should try to organize it in advance. More peeps we have the better
Count me in, that would be awesome.

Yo, what's the roadtrip situation like going out of or through Ohio? My car's on its last legs so I don't want to risk trying to make the trip but I can totes chip in for gas.

I'm definitely going to try and make it here! Since I live relatively close to klaww, we can try and carpool together somewhere down the line. And I would definitely be interested in a Salty Suite and figuring out room options with anyone.

Yo, what's the roadtrip situation like going out of or through Ohio? My car's on its last legs so I don't want to risk trying to make the trip but I can totes chip in for gas.

I think I read a while ago on the forum that @RetroStation and maybe some others from the New York area might be trying to go to UFGT, so I think that'd be your ideal option here. If need be, I can see if I can borrow my parents's Van that can hold 8 people if there was an issue of space where I could make things easier for everyone. Or, even if they weren't coming down, you could always drive to Indianapolis and then carpool with me/klaww to save your car the total trip; my parents have a big driveway at their house in a safe neighborhood so it wouldn't be a problem to leave your car there.

How did I miss this thread? CHICAGO IS IN THERE

I think I read a while ago on the forum that @RetroStation and maybe some others from the New York area might be trying to go to UFGT, so I think that'd be your ideal option here. If need be, I can see if I can borrow my parents's Van that can hold 8 people if there was an issue of space where I could make things easier for everyone. Or, even if they weren't coming down, you could always drive to Indianapolis and then carpool with me/klaww to save your car the total trip; my parents have a big driveway at their house in a safe neighborhood so it wouldn't be a problem to leave your car there.
Well, if you're willing to pick me up at the bus station and then get me back there in time to catch the bus home, this could be doable.

Also, if I make it out, I am very much willing to do some commentary.

Well, if you're willing to pick me up at the bus station and then get me back there in time to catch the bus home, this could be doable.

Also, if I make it out, I am very much willing to do some commentary.
Only if you do the radio announcer voice the whole time

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Only if you do the radio announcer voice the whole time
How about only some of the time and I give you a high five because I'm your cool ass pal?

That's a helluva bargain.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
How about only some of the time and I give you a high five because I'm your cool ass pal?
That's a helluva bargain.
DON'T TAKE THE DEAL! You could definantly get 100% announcer voice if you really haggled!

Reactions: Broken Loose

Yeah, I (or maybe klaww too? Dunno, we'll figure it out later) can pick you up if you get a ride here. You might want to specify if you mean Megabus/Greyhound, or if there's any other Bus Line that I'm unaware of.

Yeah, I (or maybe klaww too? Dunno, we'll figure it out later) can pick you up if you get a ride here. You might want to specify if you mean Megabus/Greyhound, or if there's any other Bus Line that I'm unaware of.
Greyhound. Nearest Megabus station would add another hour to my travel time so I don't want to deal with it.

I'm thinking I'm too poverty to make two trips in three months between this and Evo, so I'm probably just going to put all my money on Evo and skip UFGT.

Unless y'all want to crowdfund me some airfare to do commentary. :PUN:

It'll be cool to see Mike before EVO!

I have 2 spots left in my room for UFGT.

Updated schedule! TOP 16 STREAMED
ufgtx-schedule-online-rev3.png

Jesus this is going to be an ALL DAY thing. Was kinda hoping they'd spill it over into Saturday! haha. Still the top 16 getting streamed is good news! HYPED

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Man, a plane ticket is so much for this. It sucks that I get my check that Friday of the tournament.

holiday weekend plus a week before yup

The group of players I was supposed to room with may no longer be going. I should find out later today if they are still on or not. If not, does anyone have room available? I don't mind if I have to sleep on the floor. I'd hate to miss out of this because my friend's friends dipped. I'll check back with a confirmation on whether or not they will be going.

What a horrible way to start the day. *sigh*

@worldjem might still have a spot for you Taluda.

Also, though my ride situation kind of changed mid planning, I definitely think I'm going to be making it here still!

The group of players I was supposed to room with may no longer be going. I should find out later today if they are still on or not. If not, does anyone have room available? I don't mind if I have to sleep on the floor. I'd hate to miss out of this because my friend's friends dipped. I'll check back with a confirmation on whether or not they will be going.

What a horrible way to start the day. *sigh*

I can't promise anything yet, but I'll talk to Winnie and let you know.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Maaaaan I wish i could go. Got nobody to drive ;~;

@Elda Taluda
I have a room but both beds are spoken for
Let me know if your group falls through and you're interested

Maaaaan I wish i could go. Got nobody to drive ;~;
Get RG to hook you up with a flight, I mean why even have a sponsor if not for them to pay for you to go to stuff

Get RG to hook you up with a flight, I mean why even have a sponsor if not for them to pay for you to go to stuff
They didnt really plan on doing ufgtx

Reactions: keninblack