• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 23, 2014] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 10 (UFGT) (Rosemont, IL)

The group of players I was supposed to room with may no longer be going. I should find out later today if they are still on or not. If not, does anyone have room available? I don't mind if I have to sleep on the floor. I'd hate to miss out of this because my friend's friends dipped. I'll check back with a confirmation on whether or not they will be going.

What a horrible way to start the day. *sigh*

I'll talk to the boys and see if they're willing to let you in. We got 5 dudes in there though.

Now for my own problems. I'm allergic to corn (everything), wheat (everything else), soy (the alternatives), peanuts (and then some), sesame seeds (meh), and shrimp (kick me while I'm down why don't ya). Is anybody familiar enough with the area to tell me where I might be able to eat? @Night Phyre ? @Duckator ? @who ever else lives in the Chicago area. Even with taking my own food, Frosty Faustings didn't work so well for me (think food poisoning) so anything would help.

@Jayford sorry about ducking out last time. I owe you a money match. You gonna be there?

If driving, your options are really endless, since we're close to the highway and it wouldn't take long to get to a number of great spots in the city.

If walking, then obviously your limited, but it's right next to the airport, so there's a decent number of options for a tournament. If it helps: http://goo.gl/maps/zOqLi

Reactions: Dhoppler
I'm allergic to
  • corn (everything)
  • wheat (everything else)
  • soy (the alternatives)
  • peanuts (and then some)
  • sesame seeds (meh)
  • and shrimp (kick me while I'm down why don't ya)
Is anybody familiar enough with the area to tell me where I might be able to eat? @Night Phyre
God damn. Honestly, every place I can think of would have (at a minimum) traces of at least one of those things.

If you can only think of a place with burgers that don't shred their lettuce or a place with naked (unbreaded) chicken, I'll be able to make things work. I think I saw a spot in @konkrete 's post that I can work with.

Okay though it took longer than expected I got my answer- They aren't going.
I'll be back here after work to talk more about possibly rooming with you guys @Merlock , @keninblack , @Dhoppler , (@worldjem ?)

Thanks so much! Be back in a couple of hours.

I'll be there.

Hyyype I'll be here ^_^

@Elda Taluda
I have a room but both beds are spoken for
Let me know if your group falls through and you're interested

If you and your room mate don't mind me sleeping on your floor I'm very interested. I'd happily pay my part of the room as well. Let me know what you guys decide so we can swap schedules and phone numbers if need be.

If you and your room mate don't mind me sleeping on your floor I'm very interested. I'd happily pay my part of the room as well. Let me know what you guys decide so we can swap schedules and phone numbers if need be.

Yeah, I already cleared it with him
Sent you a PM about it

Teamwork!

Who's coming in on Thursday?

I'll be there around 2PM
I have someone from my locals driving down a full setup for me that should be there around 6-7PM

I went to GGA Friday and I think we should all take a trip down there sometime Saturday or Sunday and just play a bunch of arcade games.

I went to GGA Friday and I think we should all take a trip down there sometime Saturday or Sunday and just play a bunch of arcade games.
Saturday would be the day to do it. I think people are gonna want to watch finals on Sunday.

Teamwork!

I'll be arriving Thursday. Should be at the hotel sometime between 11:30 and 1:00.

@worldjem thanks but I've already secured a room with Merlock.

Pre-registration ends today! Don't be dumb!

But my cheeecccckkkkk

That's the wonderful thing about credit cards, you don't have to pay immediately.

That's the wonderful thing about credit cards, you don't have to pay immediately.
'merica!

merica.jpg

Almost forgot to pre-register! I didn't get a chance to ask 2 of the guys form my locals if they pre-registered or not, but they definitely are going to UFGT with intent on signing up for SG, so I can hope they already did or at least they could still register at the door if need be.

I'll be coming in by 12 in the afternoon on Thursday. Also down for Duckator's idea for GGA.

We'll be there Thursday night, what me and Winnie will be doing is unknown but if were free definitely tryna run casuals.

For those of you who don't wanna sort out all the names and try to figure out who's where, I went ahead and arranged everyone in their pools, so you don't have to go digging around yourselves!

Pool A:

BG Callisto
Clear Sky
Duckator
FuLLBLeeD
Kamzer
Magnets
markymarkk27
PFGC Dad Toucher
rocket
silverhydra
Stellarcirclefive
STLBW|Professor Lex
wiredgod
worldjem

Pool B:

Clawsome Bombs
CORN| Ace King
DananaSplit
Dark Obliske
DevourerOfTime
dhoppler
DoD|Alex Revived
evilben
IPG_JMoney
jack_shnarf
Sloshy
The Last Hairbender
Winnie
Xaqwais

Pool C:

Atomic Collider
DCB|keninblack
fenster
GG.NYChrisG
Kenji1271
Klaww
klone
ManlyTofu
Merlock
NFTR
PFGC Up-Backin 'n Jackin
Rabspat
The Duke
Zero E Lopez

Pool D:

1UP.Coach Zako
Double A
E. Dee
Elda Taluda
IGL|NCV
Mike Z
mikeatsgarbage
Night Phyre
Ryden Onkars
Skullmageddon
Slappy
The Other Nate
TMP | SlothFacts
White Fury

I alerted Keits on twitter that A1 probably needs to be changed around a bit because Duckator, Callisto, wiredgod, and myself (Kazmer) (you spelled my name wrong) all play each other regularly at weekly meetups, so hopefully that gets adjusted when pools are finalized on wednesday.

Reactions: Kai
Looking to get lots of casuals this weekend! Would've liked to have entered to protect the turf but the money says to just chill instead. :(

Wow, that's actually a surprising amount of people.

Tournament looks stacked as fuck. I'm glad I'm not entering cause I probably would end up getting less than fourth, which would ruin my streak.

My predictions:

Pool A:
W: Duckator/Worldjem
L: Jayford/Fullbleed

Pool B:
W: Winnie/Dark Obliske
L: evilben/jack_shnarf*

Pool C:
W: keninblack/Chris G
L: Zero E Lopez/PFGC Up-Backin 'n Jackin**

Pool D:
W: Taluda/NCV
L: White Fury/Mike Z

* Picking this person just on the basis that I have heard the name before somewhere
** This is actually Chilldog/jcrofts, for those who aren't aware

Reactions: dekillsage
I wanna see MikeZ vs mikeatsgarbage.

Those two need to meet in the video games arena.

I don't recognize any killers in pool B aside from winnie. Can I get a rundown of any standout players? I mean aside from @evilben, I'll body him no problem.

score board, dhoppler, score board.

Dark Obliske is a solid Painwheel/Parasoul player (I think? Painwheel/something), but I haven't seen him play the game since Encore first came out. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get out of pools in either winners or losers.

Reactions: Kai
Dark Obliske is a solid Painwheel/Parasoul player (I think? Painwheel/something), but I haven't seen him play the game since Encore first came out. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get out of pools in either winners or losers.
The last time I saw Dark Obliske was at CEO so it has been a while. I feel like I remember him posting something on Facebook about winning a Skullgirls tournament recently but I can't find it. In any case if he has been keeping up with the game at all he should make it out of that pool free.

the tournament one? Cuz it's however many we've had together-1 in my favor.

and now obliske sound terrifying. but I can't scout him. Oh well, I should be fine.