• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 23, 2014] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 10 (UFGT) (Rosemont, IL)

63. Mike was saying that he would have made some money with his placing if there was just one more entrant.

I don't know why I just decided to do this:

- All characters were represented in top 8.
- All but one player (shout outs to FullBleed) used teams of 3 in top 8
- Double butt assist is still very, very effective, and Filia isn't seeing a trash can any time soon. Fukua made a very strong showing:

Characters used in top 8:

Double 6
Fukua 4
Filia 3
Valentine 2
Fotrune 2
Parasoul 1
Painwheel 1
Peacock 1
Cerebella 1
Squiggly 1
Big Band 1

Last edited:
Ah variety. So very good to see. Lets hope it stays like that once the DLC is done.

inb4 Fukua/Robo Kitty wrecks everyone

That was a good ass tournament, but man I wish I could actually make it out to one of these. I'm gonna try to save as much money as I can to go to EVO because EVO is gonna be HYPE AS FUCK.

I had a pretty good time at UFGT, even if something came up and I had to leave much sooner than I would have liked. The Skullgirls tourney in particular was pretty awesome! I wanted to say thanks to keninblack for being so welcoming even if he utterly destroyed me, and even if I was really damn quiet the whole time.

Reactions: RurouniLoneWolf
Can confirm @Duckator changes the length of money matches when it suits him and will also try to run off with winnings before even reaching the win count he sets.

He's also the luckiest Saltybet Mugen player and should be ashamed of himself.

Mike signs his first breast as a result of his fame as an FGC developer. @evilben @Mike_Z

nmxDdyS.jpg

uesDYQN.jpg
Duck is carried off to go live with Filia.

gWgWK1O.jpg

AxDBJ3v.jpg

Had a great time playing everyone in Skullgirls at UFGT! See you guys at EVO!

Reactions: Kai
Much love to everyone I met and talked to and played casuals with!

Nominating @Fuzzy_Snugs to be on @Domo 's cute boys list, he is way too adorable not to be.

Wish I would have had time to play some casuals but I'm sure I'll see you guys at EVO. Congrats to Elda, and thanks to everyone for the great turnout

After watching all the finals, I can't tell if Fukua has been figured out or if the players using her are using her incorrectly. They all died so fast x_x

EDIT: timestamp 7:37:33 "He's gotta like.. block." - Mike Z

EDIT 2: I feel like grand finals was battle of the SG shirts too.

Last edited:
After going to UFGT9, there's absolutely no way I could have foreseen how hype UFGTX would end up being. Spectators shouting in the stands, players pumping their fists after victories, and a cherub-cheeked east coast boy taking duck out twice.

And I got to commentate with Mike and hear all about triple buffering? I hate to say some emotional, un-gangsta shit right now, but I'm definitely gonna remember this for a long time. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was great.

@Mike_Z thanks for being a cool guy, and stay away from any big bangs
@evilben STL REPRESENT + never wash your breast again
@Skullmageddon coming all the way from the Carolinas! We'll get out of pools next time.
@fenster great seeing you again, use our relationship advice and go do great things
@Dhoppler @FuLLBLeeD @Ryden Onkars KC in da house, always good to see you guys, thanks a lot for keeping me from getting out of pools you jerk
@keninblack had a hell of time finally meeting you, you're just as keninblack as you should be, @winnie you're now the kingslayer... until EVO. Stay hungry.
@konkrete @Clawsome Bombs @wiredgod @Duckator MIDBEST
@Elda Taluda all it took for you to win UFGT was to hang out with me on Saturdays! It was so simple all this time! Congrats, man, you earned it ;)

I almost didn't do individual shoutouts because I was sure I'd forget something, so if I did, my bad. You were cool, too.

i choked so hard.... oh well first time on the big stage. ill be better next time.

Reactions: Kankato and Kai
i choked so hard.... oh well first time on the big stage. ill be better next time.
Yeah being on stage is a trip at first, but the only way to get better at it is to do it.

Reactions: evilben
Not even going to front, but I I was like ten times more nervous when I played my set with Yaya on stream than I did any of the top 16 matches.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
The real question is whether you were more nervous for Yaya or for your match against Chris G.

@Elda Taluda come on man take that thing off

I wore it because I let @Zero E Lopez down at last year's EVO by not bringing my fedora. Promised him if I went to UFGTX I'd wear one..

Had @keninblack made it to Grand Finals he'd already asked to borrow Zero's fedora to REALLY get the stream chat going. That would've been A M A Z I N G.

Last edited:
Sorry for the indirect gatekeep lol If I had entered all of top 8 would've gotten paid, but casuals bracket was too strong.

Wait a sec, SG beat KI? Holy molley
SG wasn't too far behind the middle third of the list, either. It'd be fantastic if we could keep that momentum going into Evo.

Reactions: Mwisk
Shoutouts to Keits for running the BEST tournament I have ever been to. Hands down.

Congratulations to Elda Taluda for demonstrating the size of the tier gap in SG.
Congrats to everyone playing Fukua in tournament for thinking she's more than a scrub killer. :^P

SO THEN I WENT TO ROOM 540 SUNDAY NIGHT WHEN I FINALLY HAD TIME AND NOBODY WAS THERE, LIKE NOBODY AT ALL.
I went to 416 and played hours of Guilty Gear instead.
Sorry to everyone I didn't get to play casuals with ever, blame @worldjem specifically. :^)

Sorry for the indirect gatekeep lol If I had entered all of top 8 would've gotten paid, but casuals bracket was too strong.
Wait. A. Sec. Don't you dismissively "lol" that comment.

I don't care about the prizes, but you (apparently) came to the event, you HAVE A SKULLHEART ACCOUNT, and you didn't enter SG? What's [expletives deleted] wrong with you?!
We have only one major including SG announced this WHOLE YEAR, and this was it. Every person counted.
Know what I say when people ask how to support Lab Zero? "Enter SG tournaments!"
There is so much anger right now, you don't even know. Thanks tons.

What? I love you Mike ;___;

We'll be together at EVO soon :(

Wait a sec, SG beat KI? Holy molley
In fairness Skullgirls doesn't cost $750 to play, lol. Great turnout all around in pretty much every game, hope whatever iteration of SG that's around at this time next gets featured at Combo Breaker.

If I were there I'd run around promising forró lessons to whoever filled that 65th slot.

Shoutout to @Mike_Z for that great rant panel. My bad for struggling to stay awake for half of it which I'm sure you noticed. You can blame Salty Silent Auction running till 330am for that one.

Damn Mike maybe the dude didn't have the day available on Friday? Or the funds to enter the tournament? He is a local Chicago player that supports it more than plenty of other people I know. His absence didn't make it any less hype.

Reactions: Waasiq
Yeah, Randal told me he didn't have the cash to pay full venue fee. The dude is a great presence for SG in Chicago and I'm sure he would have joined if he could have.

Wait. A. Sec. Don't you dismissively "lol" that comment.

I don't care about the prizes, but you (apparently) came to the event, you HAVE A SKULLHEART ACCOUNT, and you didn't enter SG? What's [expletives deleted] wrong with you?!
We have only one major including SG announced this WHOLE YEAR, and this was it. Every person counted.
Know what I say when people ask how to support Lab Zero? "Enter SG tournaments!"
There is so much anger right now, you don't even know. Thanks tons.

Yeah, I didn't have enough money to enter before the fee jumped up so I just went in for casuals for the weekend. I definitely would've entered!