• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 23, 2014] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 10 (UFGT) (Rosemont, IL)

Looks like I'm in B1

I now regret not going to this event solely on the basis of what looks to be an AMAZING ARCADE. TIME CRISIS, ALIEN VS PREDATOR, NINJA BASEBALL BATMAN, SO MUCH METAL SLUG, DIE HARD ARCADE AND MORE?!? SHIT!

Reactions: Dime
If people are willing to drive me to a place with actual arcade 3s I will destroy kenin for as long as you're willing to leave me there.
Looks like you're in the Duckmobile.

Now for my own problems. I'm allergic to corn (everything), wheat (everything else), soy (the alternatives), peanuts (and then some), sesame seeds (meh), and shrimp (kick me while I'm down why don't ya). Is anybody familiar enough with the area to tell me where I might be able to eat? @Night Phyre ? @Duckator ? @who ever else lives in the Chicago area. Even with taking my own food, Frosty Faustings didn't work so well for me (think food poisoning) so anything would help.
Dude, what the fuck do you even eat? Do you have to mail-order some sort of special paste that has to be heated up by putting the tube into a pot of hot water? Do your parents keep you in a giant bubble? Are you even allowed to play fighting games-- wouldn't they elevate your heart rate too much?

Dude, what the fuck do you even eat? Do you have to mail-order some sort of special paste that has to be heated up by putting the tube into a pot of hot water? Do your parents keep you in a giant bubble? Are you even allowed to play fighting games-- wouldn't they elevate your heart rate too much?

He's got some pretty serious allergies dude. So if anyone could recommend us a place to eat that would be pretty cool.

My PM pool is at 12, so I should be good for the arcade trip! <3

Turns out the special paste had corn product in it so I eat a lot of unprocessed meat, rice, potatoes, and souls. You know, whole foods. When I tire of water I drink the tears of children and SkullGirls scrubs. Very nourishing.

Turns out the special paste had corn product in it so I eat a lot of unprocessed meat, rice, potatoes, and souls. You know, whole foods. When I tire of water I drink the tears of children and SkullGirls scrubs. Very nourishing.
i'm pretty sure american souls are filled to the brim with either soy or processed wheat porridge; importing souls must be expensive as fuck

Reactions: evilben and Hilary
You're thinking hearts. Souls just provide that extra caloric boost.

Ya'll should come hang out in our room at some point. We're bringing 4 people from the Kansas area, will have at least 2 setups, and are super cool people.

@Night Phyre we might have to hit you up on that arcade trip. Its been too long man!

For Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.

Whats the go to hotel room for casuals? We needa set this up and keep it to one room and not separate the community.

For Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.

Whats the go to hotel room for casuals? We needa set this up and keep it to one room and not separate the community.
i agree on this^
A party(nerd party) room like we had at EVO would be ideal.

Reactions: keninblack
I'll be spending most of the time having quality Final Fight time with Mrs Night Phyre, but I won't be a stranger ;)

Final Fight? Nice. Tell me, are there anymore arcades or women like this in the world?

Final Fight? Nice. Tell me, are there anymore arcades or women like this in the world?
I think this is called, "The Cortana Conundrum."

Truthfully, my wife rarely plays videogames, and as such, is pretty bad at them, so the prospect of an arcade full of free play machines is an attractive one.

Probably will skip out on GGA as I may make top 16 KoF and would want to stick around for it even if not (it's at 6 on Saturday).

+1 for dedicated hotel room but I would rather it not be mine since some non sg folk would be with us. I also like sleep from time to time.

Ugh that sounds like a blast, I'll be balls-deep in 5 hours of Tekken streaming at that point

I think this is called, "The Cortana Conundrum."

Truthfully, my wife rarely plays videogames, and as such, is pretty bad at them, so the prospect of an arcade full of free play machines is an attractive one.
AND THEY ARE FREE PLAY?!?!

Yeah, Galloping Ghost is the truth. Awesome game selection, $15 gets you all day free play til close, keep your receipt and you can leave and re-enter. Diner across the street has solid food, there's a good Mexican place a block west, and for those over 21 there's a bar with an amazing beer selection and stupidly good burgers/wings a block further.

Reactions: Kai
Yeah, Galloping Ghost is the truth. Awesome game selection, $15 gets you all day free play til close, keep your receipt and you can leave and re-enter. Diner across the street has solid food, there's a good Mexican place a block west, and for those over 21 there's a bar with an amazing beer selection and stupidly good burgers/wings a block further.

Do they bread those wings? Or shred their lettuce for their burgers?

I've already got a full car, but if you're at the hotel, you'd be the exact opposite direction of GGA, anyway.
That's why there's a trunk Night Phyre.

Okay fuck it.

Friday night, Saturday night, and maybe Sunday night me and Winnie's room will be the SG spot for the hotel. Unless someone else called something and I didn't see it.

Who wants to give me a ride to the arcade for Saturday?
I can. I have to be back at the hotel before 8 though if I make it out of mystery pools, and I will.

Might as well stay there then since I'm just gonna knock you out of it anyway.

Do they bread those wings? Or shred their lettuce for their burgers?
err yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say their food won't be allergy-friendly

well, sometimes you're surprised. There's lot's of places that do naked wings. And i don't really need full leaf lettuce to eat a beef patty, I just prefer lettuce wraps over a fork and knife. Anything to eat more than apples and bananas for 4 days straight.

Reactions: evilben
Update: Friday and Saturday will be our room for casuals.

Were checking out Sunday so yeah. Letting yall know.

Reactions: Kai
I'll try to swing by Saturday night after The Tekkening.

the arcade thing sounds like fun if i can get a ride thatd be great.

I can. I have to be back at the hotel before 8 though if I make it out of mystery pools, and I will.
Awesome. I take it we'd leave after mike's panel?

Speaking of which, is the panel going to be recorded?