• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Metal Gear Solid/Rising - The best is going to end soon

CAjRVnzVIAA4WXD.jpg

heyheyhey hold on a fucking second you mean that 1st april thing was real?!?
This is all a joke right?
Oh god OH GOD

Qualifications:

• Experience in high-end game production and planning.
  • Someone with the ability to come up with fresh and rich ideas.
  • Strong passion for making games.
  • Strong communication skills to effectively share ideas.

Great, that's the japanese standard for a FF13-14-level MG game. After MG5 we have to expect installments with plot built around an uninspired techno Metal Gear and female characters that talk like schoolgirls with their love interest being the protagonist who is also probably a Raiden look-alike that says how friendship is important to save the world at the end.

WELL FUCKING PLAYED KONAMI
NO WONDER YOU SUED LAB ZERO
GG

EDIT: Well after reading again the post this might be a bit too extreme to say but that's just to tell you how I feel.

Last edited:
Konami should just give Metal Gear back to Platinum now.

heyheyhey hold on a fucking second you mean that 1st april thing was real?!?
This is all a joke right?
Oh god OH GOD

Great, that's the japanese standard for a FF13-14-level MG game. After MG5 we have to expect installments with plot built around an uninspired techno Metal Gear and female characters that talk like schoolgirls with their love interest being the protagonist who is also probably a Raiden look-alike that says how friendship is important to save the world at the end.

WELL FUCKING PLAYED KONAMI
NO WONDER YOU SUED LAB ZERO
GG

EDIT: Well after reading again the post this might be a bit too extreme to say but that's just to tell you how I feel.

Actually that's what most wanted adds for game designers say, along with "must have experience with c++ programming and other things". Things like communication and writing skills are pretty much mandatory in the industry because you're working on a team and need to be able to work well with the rest.

Not sure they'll keep milking MG to be honest. In fact this might mean the end of milking Metal Gear. Probably spells the end of Konami in the console markets. They'll probably be a pachinko and dating sim factory from now on sadly

*edit* didn't see the new series thing. That's pretty bad, unless it's just Platinum Metal Gear, but I doubt that.

BUT IF IT IS THOUGH
Well I think Rising had to be a series itself or something, which is fair.
even though it was supposed to feature Gray Fox and not Raiden

You all hear about the issues with Kojima? Apparently Konami is quickly erasing all mention of him in MGS5's PR. Including removing the whole "A Hideo Kojima Game" and stuff like the Kojima Productions logo from MGS5. I guess some sorta major falling out is going on? I dunno, it seems like Kojima may be working on his last Metal Gear game...

Konami will kill the franchise and Kojima will go Indie

It'll be Mega Man& Inafune all over again

I don't think we need to jump to conclusions on that just yet.

we have no idea what even is going on aside from removing Kojima's name.

for all we know, Kojima could have requested it.

Heh, he doesn't say wrong stuff but the rant seems more directed towards fanboys (of which I hate any kind).

Slowing or throwing back the development cycle of games? I don't get that.

Reactions: Denizen
Thats more david cages thing.

whats worse is, there's actually good MGS mobile games.
but I know for a fact that the new mobile games will suck shit.

whats worse is, there's actually good MGS mobile games.
but I know for a fact that the new mobile games will suck shit.
PSP is mobile right? Peacewalker is mobile right? Because I can live in a world of those games. Hell I'll take the card games over cell phone games.

Maybe they'll be ports... after all, modern iOS devices can easily run PS2-level games. Hell, even Bioshock and Xcom are on there.

PSP is mobile right? Peacewalker is mobile right? Because I can live in a world of those games. Hell I'll take the card games over cell phone games.
no, MGS4 had a game on iOS.

Speaking of pay as you play and the such,
MGS 5 with microtransactions.

Pay for new boxes to hide under 2.99
BRUH DONT JINX IT

20 dollars for a box with David Hayter's face on it

$20 for hideo kojima the ceo of konami to join mother base.

source for microtransactions

Change thread title to "The WORST is yet to come"

Reactions: Denizen