• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Metal Gear Solid/Rising - The best is going to end soon

Oh boy I can't wait for the Metal gear Pachinko machine.

Last edited:
Im still hype somehow.

I can paint motherbase? Time to paint it all red blue and orange.

I love how the motherbase had PT on it, just an extra kick to the crotch.

Oh they cant get rid of it Kojima will make sure of it.

What is this, a picture for ants?
I swear it looked bigger from my phone.

But no they're just far away.

Less than 30 days.

It's so good

The release is a week from today!
cDxwmha.gif

Metal Gear Online was delayed to Oct. 6th for consoles and Jan. 2016 for PC, so I decided to wait to mid-September to buy a PS4 (waiting for a bundle, and I preordered two games already: 2nd Encore and The Phantom Pain).

In anticipation of the launch, they released a new trailer. By the thumbnail, it looks too spoilerly so be warned...

Reactions: SmashBlade
Reviews are coming in, almost all of them are 9/10, with a few going so far as giving it a Perfect 10.
Well Kojima, least you're leaving your franchise on a high note.

Maybe I should actually... you know... finish the rest of the games now

Edit: do you folks think I need to play MGS4 before I play Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, and Phantom Pain? I know it comes after chronologically...

Last edited:
To save yourself time, play 3, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes before Phantom Pain. 4 i great and ties Big Boss up in a nice ribbon, but only at the end, and up to that point, it has little to do with Big Boss as far as his story. I would suggest 4 at some point, but don't feel the need to play it right away if you want to be ready specifically for V

it has little to do with Big Boss as far as his story
Uh, the identity of the Patriots, why Zero and company did what they did which explains Cypher is actually kind of important.

It's not so much a matter of time as it is a matter of not having a PS3.

Uh, the identity of the Patriots, why Zero and company did what they did which explains Cypher is actually kind of important.
ok yeah. This is very true. My point was that the reveals for Big Boss, while big and important, are going to be things Phantom Pain explains. While I do think it needs to be played, I feel 4 can come after 5 as far as play order, though if you can, Big Boss' character growth will make more sense if you do manage to play 4 first.

Honestly, MGSIV isn't that long. It's got some long ass cutscenes, but if you're decent at the games, it shouldn't take a million years. Areas progress on more of a mission system, so you move from location to location instead of having one large area to explore and have that evolve around you. Streamlines the story and allows for some other new and interesting setups.

Lol I am not decent at the games at all, I can't even get past one of the first combat sequences in Snake Eater.

I suppose I'll try to go in release order, though, which means I'll need to borrow a PS3.

while big and important, are going to be things Phantom Pain explains
I imagine so as well, I was just saying there was important stuff regarding things we're going to see in Phantom Pain.

After what Konami did though I doubt I will enjoy the games again.

Maybe that's why Kojima always said that every MGS game could have been the last one: Konami kept getting angry at him regarding his budget usage and treatened to remove him every time a game was about to release/develop.

Fucking Japanese gaming industry. Fucking Japanese workplace standards. That's what shit conditions lead to.

What's weird about that is there is a mission in Ground Zeroes were you erase Kojima's games from the level.

I hope Kojima used up literally every single penny Konami gave them
I hope he used every penny Konami had

Reactions: Jutsei
Anyone getting the day one edition

Physical maps are really cool, so I'm thinking about it. The reviews are making it a little bit easier for me to get it before word of mouth spreads, and I honestly doubt that Konami has enough money to buy that many 10/10s.

This is kind of late, but I don't remember it being mentioned here.

If you pre-order on Steam there will be no pre-load, however the game supposedly unlocks at midnight New Zealand time, so if you're in Europe you get it quite a bit early, and if you're in America you basically get a whole day.

It might now be midnight EST, it seems the Konami branches aren't very good at communicating with each other.

Last edited:
Man I haven't been this hype for a game in years.

Its here,
V has truly come to.

Todays the day.

agg I have things to do tomorrow
Agg I'm getting physical
AGG I'M GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT FOR INSTALL
AGGGHHHH

Has it really only been 2 years since Kojima revealed The Phantom Pain as MGSV?

It's feels like it's been so much longer. Thinking back to all his talk about how hard it would be to release the game he envisioned as it would tackle taboos, the Hayter stuff, and all the things that have happened with Konami... This has been one hell of a ride. Let's see where it brought us.

Good luck with that. I guessed something from the trailers and GZ and if what I'm seeing despite trying to avoid spoilers is true then it was the big twist. I'm going to be pissed if I really got it ruined for me.

I just want to see if Kojima put the money where his mouth was and managed to shut up the people whining about Quiet.

this is one of the only spoilers i want.

I just want to see if Kojima put the money where his mouth was and managed to shut up the people whining about Quiet.

this is one of the only spoilers i want.
Quiet's outfit is because she was infected with a parasite that affected her body somehow so she needs to absorb water and oxygen through her skin.
that's literally it.
You can also spray her with a hose and she'll shake it off like a drying dog.
She can also do a literal striptease that seems to serve no purpose other than kojima's wank material for the next few days.
Furthermore, recruiting Quiet is completely optional. You can kill her in your first encounter if you want. Recruiting her only gets you a buddy and some side-ops.
she's not even actually mute

so yeah

Enough reason for me, but there will STILL have people bitching and moaning about it.

*sigh*

So uh, supply drop is kind of busted, I called one on Quiet's head and it took half her stamina.

It makes any normal enemy in the game who is outside free as long as you haven't been spotted you get to knock people out from mile away with your back turned.

Well, I imagine having a heavy crate dropped on your head out of nowhere would do that.