• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mighty No. 9

Clawsome Bombs

H E I S T B O Y S before GTAV lol
Reaction score
Steam
ClawsomeBombs
PSN
Noraas
Eliza Squigly Ms. Fortune
download (1).jpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9 <-----Your money (and now that its funded, your hype) goes here

So in case you didn't hear it on Salty, Mr. Inafune is making THIS. "The Mighty No. 9" has that old school 2D feel while still bringing a new shine. Considered a spiritual successor to The Blue Bomber by many, this game is the love child of Inafune and Comcept to keep the spirit of our favorite run n' shoot guy. However, it's not all dandy, they need money to bring it to its full potential (Balder, if you're reading this, you should really get behind it because we all know how much you love for people to reach their full potentials). We know how this feels, so we should help out, I think. Spread it on your Facebook pages! Twitter! MySpace! Derpulous. com! Anywhere you can raise awareness. I feel this is gonna be big. Like REALLY big. Not Big Band big, but you know.

EDIT: FUNDED WITH OVER 4 MIL! RAISE YOUR MEGA BLASTERS IN EXCITEMENT!

Now for the 18-25 month release party.

Also, fan made rap that's awesome:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rellek
Man this game sounds so promising and with capcom not being involved its just gonna be better all around ^^

I'm so hype for this. Like, seriously. The inspirational video Inafune made on the Kickstarter just got me fired up more. My favorite part of it all is how the main character is Beck and his partner is Call. Beck and Call just WORK as partner names.

Well Inafune likes pun related lore just like megaman was rock and his supporter roll and brother blues (protoman) partner rush and rival forte(Bass)

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Already dumped in $60 on this one. I hope we get all those stretch goals past the first batch of consoles.

megaman was rock and his supporter roll

Rock and Roll.....why didn't I notice this sooner? This is like those times where you actually become aware that a backpack is a pack for your back. It's surreal and makes me feel silly for not realizing sooner, haha.

Reactions: Lunerstep
i think i'm the only guy who isn't hyping this

Well it's not gonna be for everyone. Now that I think about it, I hope people don't do the SMT/SMT: Persona thing several years from now with this. Example:

Year: 2017
Gamer 1: Man, I love The Mighty No. 9! It's so cool!
Gamer 2: Did you play all of the original Megamen?
Gamer 1: Well, no, but I have seen them and acknowledge them as stepping stones to Beck.
Gamer 2: NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Then again, TM#9 isn't a spin-off of the Megaman series, but a spiritual successor (like Ghost Trick was to some of the first Phoenix Wright games), so this shouldn't happen. Though someone will do it anyway.

What can you say about this that hasn't already been said?
Looks great, probably gonna feel great, and I hope co-op will happen!

If co-op happens, I will always pick Call.

I have my concerns about Capcom and what they think of this. Sure they haven't made any moves, but once this (inevitably) starts selling, I hope Capcom doesn't bake a big sue cake for Comcept. The design for Beck is different enough that I think they can avoid it there. The story however...it's pretty much a narrative mirror of MM. Maybe there are some good differences there somewhere, though.

I have my concerns about Capcom and what they think of this. Sure they haven't made any moves, but once this (inevitably) starts selling, I hope Capcom doesn't bake a big sue cake for Comcept. The design for Beck is different enough that I think they can avoid it there. The story however...it's pretty much a narrative mirror of MM. Maybe there are some good differences there somewhere, though.
I doubt it. They'd be the biggest hypocrites ever if they do. When you boil it down, Mega Man is basically Astro Boy + Casshern.

Supposedly?

Big emphasis on supposedly, but apparently the Capcom CEO claimed in an interview that he's one of the ones who threw in $10k to the kickstarter.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-wis...reat-concept-like-keiji-inafunes-mighty-no-9/

Boy, that is going to be one awkward dinner with Keiji Inafune if true. Only reason I'm doubtful is how insincere everything else he says comes across.

"So Inafune, I hope you don't mind that I've invited my lawyer to dinner with us."

Supposedly?

Big emphasis on supposedly, but apparently the Capcom CEO claimed in an interview that he's one of the ones who threw in $10k to the kickstarter.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-wis...reat-concept-like-keiji-inafunes-mighty-no-9/

Boy, that is going to be one awkward dinner with Keiji Inafune if true. Only reason I'm doubtful is how insincere everything else he says comes across.

If it is true, yeah that would be pretty uncomfortable. Capcom is all like "BABY COME BACK" after they've seen what people can do when they leave them. It's a little depressing. Just a little.

Even if the article is bullhockey, the weird part is this could very well happen.

I'm poor as fuck so I can't throw anything into this. Sorry bros. I want to see it happen though. I'll spread the word and etc.

I'm poor as fuck so I can't throw anything into this. Sorry bros. I want to see it happen though. I'll spread the word and etc.

Economical, Social, or Saxual (?) help, this project can take it. I've already posted it on my Facebook, told my little brother, and my dog.

Reactions: Rellek
Economical, Social, or Saxual (?) help, this project can take it. I've already posted it on my Facebook, told my little brother, and my dog.

I have other forums that I can post it on. If worst comes to worst... even 4chan.

Well it's not gonna be for everyone. Now that I think about it, I hope people don't do the SMT/SMT: Persona thing several years from now with this. Example:

Year: 2017
Gamer 1: Man, I love The Mighty No. 9! It's so cool!
Gamer 2: Did you play all of the original Megamen?
Gamer 1: Well, no, but I have seen them and acknowledge them as stepping stones to Beck.
Gamer 2: NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Then again, TM#9 isn't a spin-off of the Megaman series, but a spiritual successor (like Ghost Trick was to some of the first Phoenix Wright games), so this shouldn't happen. Though someone will do it anyway.
Knowing how overly obsessed megaman fans are (and considering how many of them there are) it WILL happen. I can almost guarantee it.

Knowing how overly obsessed megaman fans are (and considering how many of them there are) it WILL happen. I can almost guarantee it.

Bah. Well the simple fact that just because things have similar qualities doesn't mean they are the same should quell them. Like saying Mr. Fantastic and Dhalsim are the same. It just doesn't add up. If you did say they were the same, you would be stretching the truth a little (ha, I made a funny).

If there are fans of the creators work and the work is just awesome then it will work that's as straight forward as it gets ^^

If there are fans of the creators work and the work is just awesome then it will work that's as straight forward as it gets ^^

>Skullgirls

I still dont seem to care about mighty #9. theres like the sense of entitlement a lot of megaman fans believe they have that just rub me the wrong way. I can understand why legends 3 was cancelled when it was, and I dont see any problem with capcom saying "we dont have any plans with megaman at this time". lots of companies do this with popular franchises: Namco with Klonoa, Double Fine with Psychonauts, and even Nintendo with F-zero.

I now await the hate.

Capcom deserves every single bit of flack it gets for cancelling Legends 3, out of the blue, for no adequately explained reason.
yes. because it wasn't the lack of sales of the 3DS at the time that did it. NOOOOOOOOO! That wasnt it at all!

I agree with Space, if you haven't paid any attention capcoms been making a lot of BS choices and mistakes and stuff they have been blaming on others whatever issues come there way they deserve that's just how I feel until otherwise proven wrong.

i don't get why legends 3's cancellation is such a big deal

at least they didn't murder the series horribly like DmC did to DMC

I agree with Space, if you haven't paid any attention capcoms been making a lot of BS choices and mistakes and stuff they have been blaming on others whatever issues come there way they deserve that's just how I feel until otherwise proven wrong.
I'm not ignoring any of Capcom's recent mistakes, just the legends 3 stuf that everybody hangs over Capcom's head. Whilst I am still unneasy towards Capcom's DLC mishapes from SFxT, I have looked at the other things they have done with their games and can safely assume they are not the worst company in terms of videogames. At least they arent EA or Majesco.

i don't get why legends 3's cancellation is such a big deal

at least they didn't murder the series horribly like DmC did to DMC

I am one of the few that also defends the new DmC (and I have played through all of the original DMC games and like them all) while its not the same as the original, I like the new universe and am willing to see where it goes. I like new "life problems" Dante (because calling him Donte and DINO seems childish to me and really doesnt help make statements towards him any better) and I am curious to see if/when he becomes more like the original Dante.

yes. because it wasn't the lack of sales of the 3DS at the time that did it. NOOOOOOOOO! That wasnt it at all!
Not really. They didn't even release the prototype that was meant to gauge interest in the game. Had they released that, and it didn't meet expectations, I would've understood. They didn't give it a chance.

I still dont seem to care about mighty #9. theres like the sense of entitlement a lot of megaman fans believe they have that just rub me the wrong way. I can understand why legends 3 was cancelled when it was, and I dont see any problem with capcom saying "we dont have any plans with megaman at this time". lots of companies do this with popular franchises: Namco with Klonoa, Double Fine with Psychonauts, and even Nintendo with F-zero.

I now await the hate.

Well you know, people tend to get pissed at companies when they say something is going to come out on a date, then hold it back, then say "actually we'll release a demo on this day", then hold it back, then pick a new date for the demo, but are now charging for it, and will use this to see if the work continues, then hold it back, and then just say fuck it and give up.
Also, putting Megaman on hiatus is a little different than with any other game. Megaman is Capcom's flagship title, so it's the equivalent of Nintendo saying "we're going to stop making Mario games for a while. See you in 5 years." Sure, major 3D mario games have large time gaps in between them, but at least we have little things in between to hold us over. Also Megaman wasn't in MvC3.

Also Megaman wasn't in MvC3.

Mega Man fans and TvC players asked for Zero, though. And Tron was to appeal to Marvel 2 fans.

WHO DOESNT LOVE ZERO HE'S THE BEST

Mega Man fans and TvC players asked for Zero, though. And Tron was to appeal to Marvel 2 fans.

WHO DOESNT LOVE ZERO HE'S THE BEST

I haven't even played Megaman Legends, and yet I love Tron.
Nonetheless, putting Zero and Tron in but leaving out Megaman is like putting Eggman and Shadow in Smash but leaving out Sonic. It makes no sense.