• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mighty No. 9

When's Purple Call

Robot Boobs

And thus, an alternate palette for Robo Fortune is born.

So in case you didn't hear it on Salty, Mr. Inafune is making THIS. "The Mighty No. 9" has that old school 2D feel while still bringing a new shine. Considered a spiritual successor to The Blue Bomber by many, this game is the love child of Inafune and Comcept to keep the spirit of our favorite run n' shoot guy. However, it's not all dandy, they need money to bring it to its full potential (Balder, if you're reading this, you should really get behind it because we all know how much you love for people to reach their full potentials). We know how this feels, so we should help out, I think. Spread it on your Facebook pages! Twitter! MySpace! Derpulous. com! Anywhere you can raise awareness. I feel this is gonna be big. Like REALLY big. Not Big Band big, but you know.
gg just took me almost 2 weeks to read the post and notice I got mentioned -_-"
Ah well, mea culpa. I've been kinda keeping a low profile ever since the board's second resurrection and I admit I was never much of a fan of the Blue Bomber so this didn't really say much to me. In any case, Keiji and Beck have certainly been doing well without me.
For a couple of salty words, as someone who's on "Team Shantae" and while I'm not upset with Mighty No. 9's success, it does kinda irk me that it raised so much money with just a (admittedly quite well done) pitch and some concept art while poor Shantae is still out there desperately shaking her money-maker despite already showing gameplay footage.
Anyway, since I'm here, and I love playing the prophet of doom: do you guys think that Capcom, being the scumbags that they are, will ride the coattails of this project and announce a new Megaman title (likely a Megaman HD Remastered)? They weren't shy of taking the momentum of JoJo ASB and Dragon's Crown to pull that stunt...

And I should also note, the title is completely wrong. There is only one true Mighty No. 9.
BKlk9H2.jpg

DEAL WITH IT.

Mighty No. 3 palette for Robo-Fortune has my endorsement.

I like how every group that leaves Capcom for another company is always super-salt about it. There's always at least one character that very VERY strongly resembles their Capcom counterpart in some way.
Also all of the concept designs for call look like another megaman character except like 1.

Super Salt? more like doing right what Capcom didn't let them do because of stupid decisions. They leave, and make things like they should, but they can't take their characters, so they make new ones with their soul and legacy.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Funny that they jumped the gun a bit on the 2.4 goal.

I noticed that as well. I mean we know they're gonna make it, but they could at least wait til it's confirmed.

We were all in a Rush to do so afterwards.

As long as we don't get too Wily, I think we can make some really funny ones. They'll be Real Gut Busters.

As long as we don't get too Wily, I think we can make some really funny ones. They'll be Real Gut Busters.

There is an X amount of flaws in this one.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
There is an X amount of flaws in this one.

"Real Gut Busters"
1.) TVC Frank West reference
2.) Guts Man reference
3.) Mega Buster reference

This phrase might need a little work. After all, it's just in the Proto version.

"Real Gut Busters"
1.) TVC Frank West reference
2.) Guts Man reference
3.) Mega Buster reference

This phrase might need a little work. After all, it's just in the Proto version.

I know what they're references to... I'm just saying it quickly dismantled after I read it. Now, try to reassemble it into a good one you little Yellow Devil, you.

I know what they're references to... I'm just saying it quickly dismantled after I read it. Now, try to reassemble it into a good one you little Yellow Devil, you.

Alright, I'll try, but it won't be Quick, Man.

Alright, I'll try, but it won't be Quick, Man.

Then get it done in a Flash, Man.

Last edited:
Don't look up art of Roll on google without safe search on, or you'll get Wood, Man!

She doesn't have the Spark, Man. She might as well Roll a Caskett out for me.

Also, hurray they reached 2.4 million. Challenge Mode unlocked.

Last edited:
Oh God, look what I've started. XD

I'd join in on the fun, but puns aren't exactly my Forte.

Reactions: Shooon
You guys are on Fire with the puns, but my Gut's telling me that we should Cut them out before the discussion Bombs and somebody Elects to put the thread on Ice.

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
You guys are on Fire with the puns, but my Gut's telling me that we should Cut them out before the discussion Bombs and somebody Elects to put the thread on Ice.

Very well then. Speaking of Bombs, I'm gonna go watch Tron.

*crosses fingers for next-gen stretch goals to hit in 8 days*

Supported and Signal boosted.

Qué pasa, gringos?

4VicYS8.jpg

(Truth be told, I kinda would have preferred to see this guy as Robot Master instead - Cultural Insensitivo Stereotypo Hombre.)

EDIT: OH SHI-!! Just noticed the resemblance with Daisuke Jigen right down to the dart as cigarette.
With Raijin and Jigen lookalikes, I started to warm up to this project. Yeah yeah, we're all whores...

Last edited:
I dunno why they felt No. 8's design wouldn't work as a female. Not every girl character needs to be cute, curvy, or sexy. The face is really the only part that would have needed a change.

Anyway, not like I can hate on a western themed robot. I look forward to seeing what kind of attacks he has in the game.

I hope he has an attack where he spits his dart directly at you to fake you out, then launches a powerful charge shot right above your head predicting you will jump right into it.

Last Stretch Goal = Extra End Stage & Boss
Next Stretch Goal = Beck & Call Online Co-op Challenge Mode
New Stretch Goal = Intro Stage & Boss/Support Character

25260334a1ffabb97b87f5d22a53f144_large.jpg

It seems like some of this stuff was always meant to be in the game, and not just extra stuff.
"Extra end stage and Boss"
"Intro Stage and Boss"
"Support Character" (Although I can't tell if the mean Mighty No. Rush Clone, or Call as a playable character.)

Last mystery one is "Buy Megaman from Capcom", hands down.

I'm really curious about the support character, I hope that it ends up being playable Call, because that would rule.

I'm really curious about the support character, I hope that it ends up being playable Call, because that would rule.
The term "Support" could be very broad.
It could be a swap-out like Zero was in Megaman X3, or it could be a helpful animal, like Rush or the bird whose name escapes me

The term "Support" could be very broad.
It could be a swap-out like Zero was in Megaman X3, or it could be a helpful animal, like Rush or the bird whose name escapes me
Beat! Hello! He was only the most well developed character in the whole franchise!