• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mighty No. 9

You called your parents stupid.

Aw, sue me. Can't show a little emotion now? Always got to be "correct"? Every off the cuff remark will be analyzed? Give me a break. People say stuff, doubt it's some great moral decay.

Aw, sue me. Can't show a little emotion now? Always got to be "correct"? Every off the cuff remark will be analyzed? Give me a break. People say stuff, doubt it's some great moral decay.
So who's been feeding and clothing you for most of the last 18 years again?

Hey!
Whats that!?
Over there, blowing away in the wind!
Is that...the topic?
Heeeey! Get back here, topic! We still need you!

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
So who's been feeding and clothing you for most of the last 18 years again?

Yep, your one of those people. Take one off hand remark and give me some entire lecture when it was an off hand remark. Your some random dude on the internet, being the moral police is pointless. Not to mention your talking to someone who thinks having kids is immoral anyway, so good luck giving me the guilt trip. Let me also get one step ahead by saying being a parent is a choice. If you don't expect your kid to get annoyed by things you do every once in a while, well, you judged poorly. You can have the last word, you blew this way out of proportion when we were taking about Mighty no. 9, not something that was an EXTREMELY MINOR side note anyway.

So anyway, before we got off track for no reason, wouldn't Call F fit the games style anyway a lot better. I mean, I am the type of person who looks for things that FIT. I do like F the best but it's the reason I wanted Brain Drain as a character, fits the game, advances the plot, etc. now maybe that's not the best way to go about choosing designs but there is also that aspect that draws me to F strongly.

I like the hairbow thing because it's a really unique way of showing emotion. And I also feel Call Fs design is as developed if not more developed than Beck's. I do like E though, just not nearly as much as F.
Also I don't get people calling F "roll call" when the only thing they have in common is color scheme.

Well, that and her hair style. And her outfit looks reminiscent of Roll's MM8 outfit.

normal_rollcute.jpg

Also I don't get people calling F "roll call" when the only thing they have in common is color scheme.
And the ponytail, and ribbon, and miniskirt, and robot boots. I mean, they don't look exactly the same but they take extremely similar design cues, especially in comparison with the other Call designs.

>Hairstyle down to hair being held back by a Ribbon
>Same body type, appear to be based around the same age (10-12 or so)
>Short Skirted, Long Sleeved dress with a similar horizontal split followed by Big Boots
>As you said, same color scheme
Her main differences seem to be the metal cuffs/gloves and her collar, that's about it. You're allowed to like her, but she really does look just like Roll.

>Hairstyle down to hair being held back by a Ribbon
>Same body type, appear to be based around the same age (10-12 or so)
>Short Skirted, Long Sleeved dress with a similar horizontal split followed by Big Boots
>As you said, same color scheme
Her main differences seem to be the metal cuffs/gloves and her collar, that's about it. You're allowed to like her, but she really does look just like Roll.
And then compare her design with Zero.
Same hairstyle sans the ribbon.
Same body type as mmz zero.
Big boots.
long sleeves & arm bangles (no skirt since zero was a guy).
Same color scheme.

If anything, the basic design for ALL the robots in the mm unuverse is similar. Rolls femininity, skirt, and personality are pretty much everything that make her unique.

That being said.......Call H fa life......[cries]

So some of you may know me as the guy the runs the D-pository on Tumblr and the official backer forum. It's a campaign to get Call D back into the game as a villain. Anyhow, I wanted you all to know that there's another backer who's tryin' to follow the example I've set and start up their own campaign to bring back Call I. They need a bit of help though, because they don't know exactly what role to bring her back for.

To fix that little problem, they've decided to go the MN9 community for help. If ya wanna give 'em a hand, drop an idea for 'em in this survey.

Last edited:
So some of you may know me as the guy the runs the D-pository on Tumblr and the official backer forum. It's a campaign to get Call D back into the game as a villain. Anyhow, I wanted you all to know that there's another backer who's tryin' to follow the example I've set and start up their own campaign to bring back Call I. They need a bit of help though, because they don't know exactly what role to bring her back for.

To fix that little problem, they've decided to go the MN9 community for help. If ya wanna give 'em a hand, drop an idea for 'em in this survey.
If they don't even know how they want the character brought back, do they even deserve to have the character back?

And then compare her design with Zero.
Same hairstyle sans the ribbon.
Same body type as mmz zero.
Big boots.
long sleeves & arm bangles (no skirt since zero was a guy).
Same color scheme.
Oh hey I didn't see this before.
Aside from the fact that zero doesn't really look all that much like either of them (I mean, same body type? Are you serious?) that's all pretty irrelevant here. Looking more like Zero than the rest of the Calls doesn't change the fact that she looks more roll than all the other calls, and it definitely doesn't change that that's where a huge chunk of her popularity comes from.
I'm not even really mad at the design, I'm mad at the voting system in general because it's really shitty and shouldn't have been used in the first place. If the call vote and similar voting systems are anything to go off of, the most popular choice tends to be the safest and least inventive choice rather than the best choice. I don't really want to see "hey guys this totally isn't megaman (wink): the game."

If they don't even know how they want the character brought back, do they even deserve to have the character back?
I think the majority of them want her to be the villain's assistant. Plus focusing the movement is pretty much the entire point of that poll...

I haven't even heard of their being a majority opinion. The first version of this survey only had 3 responses, of which most weren't even constructive.

Last edited:
Breaking news on the call votes. The results are in:
In 3rd place...
Call H! (15.47% of the vote)

In 2nd place...
Call E!! (41.14% of the vote)

And so, the winner of the second and final round of the Call design vote, scoring 43.39% of the votes and thus becoming the basis for our heroine in the final game --
722ed2aa47956888f29ffa71532fe39a_large.jpg

Call F, by Inti Creates’ Yuuji Natsume!!!

2.25%...Hey DDB, where do you keep the booze?

Congratulations to the Call F fans. Just as with the Skullgirls Character Vote, the result may not be to my personal preferences, but I am more than certain that she will make for a great character.

Where do we vote for alternate costumes?

How many people does that 2.25% difference equate to?

Last edited:
not that bad. now we just need to remove the ponytail

Worst Call out the 3.
But the best Roll out of the 3! And that's what the mob wants.

(You bet your combustible heretic asses I'm going to Call-shame the bastards that made this happen!)

I guess people gonna start demanding money back for lack of Annie Minnette INSERT DESIRED CHARACTER

To be fair, I saw this coming a million miles away. It's the small difference in votes that lead to Call F winning over Call E that makes this whole thing heartbreaking.
It honestly makes me question why Comcept held a vote over this at all. They have clearly put in more effort in advertising and refining the Call F design. It's even received it's own prototype for a figurine before the second vote even took place. It's the Torment: Tides of Numenera situation all over again. The developers already have their design image in mind, but they make it a community vote anyways even though the results will favor what they already want. I would have funded the game regardless of which call design they settled on but losing by this much and with no future vote in sight just makes me mad.

Salty Status: Maximum

IIRC in the stream where they covered the first call vote, alternate costumes were mentioned.
When call e can lose by such a small margin against all odds, they damn well better add fucking alternate costumes.

Call F, as in, Finally this Fan-Focused Fiasco of Frustratingly Fated Findings due to Flagrant Favoritism is Finished!

Now for the big questions, like what happened to Backpack Robot? Backpack Robot was probably my favorite thing from all of this, so I hope it's doing okay.

I'm 100% happy with the vote outcome ^^

Breaking news on the call votes. The results are in:

2.25%...Hey DDB, where do you keep the booze?

Waifu Wars always end in tragedy.

I wanted H, but honestly they all looked good so I don't care that much even if she is Roll 2.0.

Reactions: Covenant
This thing was fixed right from the start. That harlot flashed her washboard chest right in her first appearance.
Darn lolicons shouldn't have a say. #VoteShaming
0YCYWSi.jpg

I don't like it when things are rigged in favor of what I don't like. *pouts*

Call F, as in, Finally this Fan-Focused Fiasco of Frustratingly Fated Findings due to Flagrant Favoritism is Finished!
Not quite. We still need "Not Dr Wily" to complete the set.

54241c3194cfedbe42f716db52f2f708_large.jpg

ORIGINAL GAME. DO NOT CEASE & DESIST.

0YCYWSi.jpg
Am I the only one who is bothered that Call F's alternate hairstyles are basically ripoffs of other vocaloids? At least Comcept can make their inevitable crossover dancing minigame with Miku-chan and Yu from Persona 4.

Waifu Wars always end in tragedy.

I wanted H, but honestly they all looked good so I don't care that much even if she is Roll 2.0.
I wanted H as well. Of the 3 Call designs, she visually looked like the most dependable, stable, and logical one and I really liked the simplicity of her design. F, who looks more like Zero than Roll to me, was a close second, though.

Call H was the astro boy like one right? Sadness...
Yes.....yes she was.
Hopefully they get in somehow. Here's a copy of my post from the forums

"same here. F was my second choice. And while I'd love to see H get in as an alt somehow, that would defeat the entire point of having a vote barring the community bonding it caused. So while I dont expect her to be an alt I'd love a cameo of some sort.
I have a few ideas:

• 1. Just put E and H in a crowd as bystanders/victims.
  • 2. In the intro have them represent opposing teams.The colisseum battles consist of teams so I assume they all have helper bots as well.
  • 3. Make Beck or Call find either their dying bodies or blueprints and make them secret abilities
  • 4. If there are shops in the game then just let them be shop keepers
  • 5. Later on in the series, perhaps they can be Protoman/Zerol style allies
"
#5, in addition to making H and E bad arses, would also shut up the "we need more strong prominent females or else" group.