• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA NC! Whens Skullgirls!

Basedwaffle

Would you like a waffle
Reaction score
Steam
Basedwaffle
PSN
Like10waffles
Filia Cerebella
NC skullgirls players unite!

What up, waffle.

You should probably put North Carolina somewhere in the opening post so people won't get it confused with North California.

As for NC Skullgirls players, I'm in Charlotte and always trying to play offline. UNCC has a fighting game club and they have a weekly session there on Thursday and host tournaments every other Friday.

Reactions: RubberyRisette
What up, waffle.

You should probably put North Carolina somewhere in the opening post so people won't get it confused with North California.

As for NC Skullgirls players, I'm in Charlotte and always trying to play offline. UNCC has a fighting game club and they have a weekly session there on Thursday and host tournaments every other Friday.

Sounds fun, Do you have more information about it?

@ Layz good look im from Fayetteville...... I believe we play at RESE

I know this is last minute but we're gonna run a Skullgirls tournament on 11/16 at UNCC. It will be held in Student Union in room 150. Tournament will start @ 7:00pm.

We will be running a Skullgirls tournament on 12/8 at UNCC. The location will be on the 3rd floor of the Student Activity Center. Tournament will start @ 3:00pm.

Ya'll still active?

Ya'll still active?
LayZ and I still play we normally meet up at our Monthly call RESE.

Ah, NC. I remember trying to play a long time ago there, at the RESE thing I'm pretty sure. Didn't last long (three weeks before everyone else stopped playing). How many players you guys got playing in person, just LayZ and BasedWaffle?

Ah, NC. I remember trying to play a long time ago there, at the RESE thing I'm pretty sure. Didn't last long (three weeks before everyone else stopped playing). How many players you guys got playing in person, just LayZ and BasedWaffle?
Pretty much. However, Masta CJ came out to our event this past weekend. The next event is scheduled for Feb. 1st at UNCC.

Ah. Well, it's cool to know you guys are still hanging in there! You wouldn't happen to be capable of streaming, would you?

Ah. Well, it's cool to know you guys are still hanging in there! You wouldn't happen to be capable of streaming, would you?
There is a stream set up but it is reserved for the major games that get the most entrants. I don't know for sure but I'm assuming if we got a lot of SG players to show up then we could stream at least the finals on stream.

There is a stream set up but it is reserved for the major games that get the most entrants. I don't know for sure but I'm assuming if we got a lot of SG players to show up then we could stream at least the finals on stream.
But we normally get like 2~3 people to come out for the game. Maybe if we advertise the up coming tourney we can get more people

Hmm... well, hope something comes up eventually. And no one else there seems interested at all still? Any of them willing to try when Beowulf comes out or something? I know there are a few people at my local who've said they'll start playing when he comes out.

Also, what was the turnout for that uncc tournament? Did anyone not here show up?

Uh. Count me in.

EDIT: I can stream if someone can hook me up with the internets!

Reactions: Zidiane
Hmm... well, hope something comes up eventually. And no one else there seems interested at all still? Any of them willing to try when Beowulf comes out or something? I know there are a few people at my local who've said they'll start playing when he comes out.

Also, what was the turnout for that uncc tournament? Did anyone not here show up?
Well I got some people saying they are waiting on Eliza. While everyone else is like the game have to much fan service.....

Skullgirls tournament at UNCC that funny. The turnout for the other game was ok it the beginning of the school years so yeah....

Lol, ill never get the fan service argument. People play games with close up cinematic shots of a girls ass while shes wearing only a leotard-that-looks-like-a-g-string and games where you can make naked palettes and sometimes the girls clothes explode off their body for no reason, not even getting into anime game territory, but skullgirls crosses the line. Makes no sense.

Anyway, what kinda setups you guys got? You playing sde on ps3 or do people got laptop or pc setups?

I mean, I figured YOU had a pc setup, but I'm wondering what they were playing on before. If the good folks at whatever the venue you guys play at are capable of streaming skullgirls, that sounds like it'd be off one of the setups they use for kof or sf4 (if they still play those).

I don't have much experience with patch, but I'll show up if it'll get something rolling.

Reactions: Zidiane
Ho ho, look at that! You guys now have 4-5 people! Another handful and you'll have more than some SG tournaments. I really hope y'all come out, I'd love to see some footage or a stream going or something. Please, everyone in the nc, gain some traction! I will probably be going down there at some point to visit family, I'd love to time it up with a gathering. Ill be watching if you guys start a stream too. And see if there ain't one or two more sg players hidden at your local.

Zid. if you ever show up in NC, I'll make the trip to play you. Better yet, show up in SC so I don't have to drive as far xD

Ahh, dont think I have buisness in SC that I could use as a plausible excuse to play skullgirls. I look forward to getting down there and getting to play with you guys though.

For anyone in the area interested in playing some offline SG Encore, check out the link BasedWaffle created. This is the event on Feb. 1st that I mentioned earlier in the thread. Please come out if you can even if you don't think you're tournament ready. Casuals will be available and its always a learning experience playing new people.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?events/feb-1-2014-rese-tournament-monthy.51/

Yo I live in Cary atm (probably gonna be moving into Raleigh sometime soon) and I'm trying to get more into the local SG scene. I'll definitely be trying to hit you guys up sometime soon when I get the chance. I'm totally up for some local get-togethers and tournaments.

For anyone in the area interested in playing some offline SG Encore, check out the link BasedWaffle created. This is the event on Feb. 1st that I mentioned earlier in the thread. Please come out if you can even if you don't think you're tournament ready. Casuals will be available and its always a learning experience playing new people.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?events/feb-1-2014-rese-tournament-monthy.51/
Are you guys holding a tournament, or just meeting up? Either way, hope someone records/streams stuff.

Yo I live in Cary atm (probably gonna be moving into Raleigh sometime soon) and I'm trying to get more into the local SG scene. I'll definitely be trying to hit you guys up sometime soon when I get the chance. I'm totally up for some local get-togethers and tournaments.
Cool, just keep us in mind when you have a chance to visit.
Are you guys holding a tournament, or just meeting up? Either way, hope someone records/streams stuff.
We always try run a tournament but we never have more than 3 people who are interested. I'm just concerned with people showing up, once we have more players then we can worry about streaming.

Dude If you're moving to Raleigh that be awesome I'm like 45~1 hour away Fayetteville over here Plus there 3 other skullgirls player over there. They have gathering every other fridays at NCSU Mann Hall 301, 6pm. also they play anime games just throwing that out there

Dude If you're moving to Raleigh that be awesome I'm like 45~1 hour away Fayetteville over here Plus there 3 other skullgirls player over there. They have gathering every other fridays at NCSU Mann Hall 301, 6pm. also they play anime games just throwing that out there

Yeah I graduated from NCSU not that long ago. I currently live about 20 minutes from campus and drive by it regularly. I'll have to see if I can get in contact with those guys about joining them for their Friday gatherings. It would be nice if we could get a decent number of people to commit to a regular group gathering.

Ya'll playing at 49er's Fight Night?

Also, I'll try to make it out to NCSU if ya'll are up for another being there. Can't be there by 6 but I can by 7-8.

I'm just concerned with people showing up, once we have more players then we can worry about streaming.
If thats how you wanna do it thats cool, but I just wanna say that we stream at Game Underground up here in Massachusetts but we only get 4-5 players usually. Streaming I think helps keep you excited about showing up every week/month even though you could count the number of players on one hand. But it sounds like you guys may need two hands soon enough :)

Ya'll playing at 49er's Fight Night?
I'll be there with my PC setup.
If thats how you wanna do it thats cool, but I just wanna say that we stream at Game Underground up here in Massachusetts but we only get 4-5 players usually. Streaming I think helps keep you excited about showing up every week/month even though you could count the number of players on one hand. But it sounds like you guys may need two hands soon enough :)
That would be nice.

I'll be heading up to Charlotte for RESE this weekend. I'll be looking for you guys for some SG casuals.

Reactions: LayZ
I'll be heading up to Charlotte for RESE this weekend. I'll be looking for you guys for some SG casuals.
Nice, I'll see you there.

Btw...I've never been there before (RESE that is). Is there any particular place where I would find you guys?

Btw...I've never been there before (RESE that is). Is there any particular place where I would find you guys?
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte

9201 University City Blvd

The Tournament will be held in the Lucas Room of the Cone Center building.

I posted a map for directions.

332s207.jpg

Reactions: Skullmageddon