• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA NorCal/SF Bay Area Skullgirls

Kahncub Farina

Resident Trans SG Player
Reaction score
Steam
kahncub
Squigly Cerebella
Bay Area Skullgirls players, welcome back to Skullheart!

It has been rough trying to advertise the existence of this since Skullheart died. But I am pleased to announce that, in collaboration with PhaethonH the Bay Area Skullgirls Weekly has kicked off! This weekly happens every Sunday at 4PM at Gamecenter Arcade in San Mateo.

The location is Gamecenter Arcade
47 South B Street

San Mateo, CA 94402

If you don't have a car, hop the Caltrain to San Mateo Station. It's literally RIGHT next to it!

Entry fee into Gamecenter is $7 and that lets you play all day. If you plan to bring an arcade stick the cabinets that they have use PS3s. If you don't have an arcade stick the cabinets have built in sticks you can use on the cabinet.

I'm sure a lot of you are eager to play the PC build of Skullgirls until the console version comes on par with what's on Steam (So am I, Squigly is a main stay on my team!) that's why I am asking that if you have a laptop that can run Skullgirls, please bring it! We can setup stations to play the current version of Skullgirls until the PS3 version updates.

Come on out, show your support for this fantastic fighting game! Tell your friends, help grow our local community!

Wow, I honestly hadn't heard a thing about there being local SG meetups, sounds great. If you don't mind me asking, how late does this run?

WOAH! I can walk there! Damn... but all I have is a 360 controller... but there will be controllers there for us to use, right? Can you dumb it down for me?

Bay Area Skullgirls players, welcome back to Skullheart!

It has been rough trying to advertise the existence of this since Skullheart died. But I am pleased to announce that, in collaboration with PhaethonH the Bay Area Skullgirls Weekly has kicked off! This weekly happens every Sunday at 4PM at Gamecenter Arcade in San Mateo.

47 South B Street

San Mateo, CA 94402

If you don't have a car, hop the Caltrain to San Mateo Station. It's literally RIGHT next to it!

Entry fee into Gamecenter is $7 and that lets you play all day. If you plan to bring an arcade stick the cabinets that they have use PS3s. If you don't have an arcade stick the cabinets have built in sticks you can use on the cabinet.

I'm sure a lot of you are eager to play the PC build of Skullgirls until the console version comes on par with what's on Steam (So am I, Squigly is a main stay on my team!) that's why I am asking that if you have a laptop that can run Skullgirls, please bring it! We can setup stations to play the current version of Skullgirls until the PS3 version updates.

Come on out, show your support for this fantastic fighting game! Tell your friends, help grow our local community!
Reread the thread. I should be able to walk down there with my stuff. My laptop has a broken battery so I'm extremely weary of using it to play Skullgirls (even though I'm playing it right now; single player tends to have random lag moments but they're rare). I'll bring it anyway.

I wish I could partake! Sounds like tons of fun! Sadly I go to college kind of away from San Mateo and you know... College student pockets *cough* no money *cough*
Plus I work =/ Which suckssssssssss
I need a new job -_-
I want to go so I can learn new things from you all D: But oh well, next time around! Let us know how it goes!

No weeklies as events, please.

Scratch that. Totally can't go... I have some really important school assignments to do. And I noticed that it was 35 minutes away...

As I post this, it's Sunday (day of) 3pm; for anyone checking last minute, I'm still going to this, even if I show up a bit late.

This is great! Thanks so much for setting this up. I'll definitely come when things are back to normal for me.

So I only JUST now noticed that worldjem took off the weekly event I had created. (I will have to have a word with him about communication or lack thereof -.-) but just to remind you all, there's a Skullgirls weekly happening TOMORROW for Bay Area players in San Mateo, CA:

47 South B Street

San Mateo, CA 94402

Now if you have not heard, Gamecenter Arcade's last day open in San Mateo is September 22nd. YES, we will be having our event that day and I'll make sure to post a reminder up. Also as a reminder the PS3 version has not been patched yet. The owner of the arcade has been kind enough to let us borrow a laptop on Sundays, but if you have one of your own with Skullgirls on it feel free to bring it! We'll see it up as a station for more players :)

The thing is that the events plugin doesn't filter about weeklies or anything so if you list your weekly as an event, you put 4 events in the list (as upcoming event) and it gets really clusterfuckd.

But don't worry, be sure to keep updating the title of this thread by changing the date accordingly, and I'll give it a proper boost on twitter.

http://goo.gl/maps/hkJ7s

The thing is that the events plugin doesn't filter about weeklies or anything so if you list your weekly as an event, you put 4 events in the list (as upcoming event) and it gets really clusterfuckd.

But don't worry, be sure to keep updating the title of this thread by changing the date accordingly, and I'll give it a proper boost on twitter.

http://goo.gl/maps/hkJ7s

Thanks very much for the explanation! So it's a technology thing, no worries I get it. Much appreciated for the Twitter boost. I'll update the title of this thread from now on :) If the tech fixes that issue, let me/us know?

There was no thread for NorCal so I decided I'd make it. I am not a huge member of the community, though I'd like to be a bigger part of it. So this will hopefully list off people from NorCal and maybe lead to more gatherings of players.

I'd also like it if you posted which part of the Bay you're from because NorCal is very big so we're kind of divided. You don't have to say a specific city, of course, but a general idea of where you're located would be nice.

I'm from the East Bay. I have a small group of friends who aren't part of SH who play the game, too. Though mainly on console so they're way behind.

I'm in Santa Rosa, a little north of SF.

Word.

I do run some events in Norcal, I've been thinking of adding Skullgirls to one of them, if you guys were familiar with Gamecenter we still have an underground venue.

The place is up in San Carlos btw.

Thinking about running it this Saturday, but I only have one setup which is like my laptop.

I'll hit up a 2nd post later but this is mostly for seeing if people are down and interested, we don't really have skullgirls players up here anymore since the most of the ps3 version.

Hopefully at least some people get interested!

As for like casual showings or whatever, I live in south bay San Jose

Word. I think 1-2 setups extra would be fine, we would probably be using the space in the back.
As for formats and stuff, the tourney would be free but are people fine with playing on the beta with big band?
or would we just play the standard.

it'll probably become a much easier game to run once its on ps3

heres some info that anyone going needs to read though. a list of people showing up would be helpful as well, since i dunno who plays this game around here.

General:

• $7 - venue fee to enter
  • DAY: Feb 1, 2014
  • SG would be a side tournament that I run along with BB

Rules/ Other things you should read :
Summarized venue policies:
  • the venue is an office, not a store.
  • you are guests, not customers.
  • guests-of-guests welcome.
  • if you're reading this to attend, you're ok.
  • venue fee helps keep this place available. An open accounting ledger is available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=1
  • clean up after yourself -- there are no employees nor janitors, only the sole office manager.
  • be nice, have fun.

Event parameters:
  • Date: Saturday, Feb 1, 2014
  • Time: 3pm

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
I'll post this on the facebook group and see what comes up.

By the way, most of us are more interested in playing on the live patch rather than the beta right now. Or at least that's how we've done our tournaments.

Word. I think 1-2 setups extra would be fine, we would probably be using the space in the back.
As for formats and stuff, the tourney would be free but are people fine with playing on the beta with big band?
or would we just play the standard.

it'll probably become a much easier game to run once its on ps3

heres some info that anyone going needs to read though. a list of people showing up would be helpful as well, since i dunno who plays this game around here.

General:

• $7 - venue fee to enter
  • DAY: Feb 1, 2014
  • SG would be a side tournament that I run along with BB

Rules/ Other things you should read :
Summarized venue policies:
  • the venue is an office, not a store.
  • you are guests, not customers.
  • guests-of-guests welcome.
  • if you're reading this to attend, you're ok.
  • venue fee helps keep this place available. An open accounting ledger is available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=1
  • clean up after yourself -- there are no employees nor janitors, only the sole office manager.
  • be nice, have fun.

Event parameters:
  • Date: Saturday, Feb 1, 2014
  • Time: 3pm

What are the main events and what are the prices for those games?

I don't think which version of the game we use has a whole lot of bearing on how an event goes, but I admit it seems strange to me to use a version with things that technically aren't official or are subject to change.

That being said including Big Band would be rad if someone has already managed to work him into a team. Like, I said I don't think using one of the other makes a meaningful difference except for the inclusion of Big Band.

Ah okay, I'll make sure to get the normal offical build/game on my laptop by Saturday then. We'll run it on that.

I'm planning on playing Big Band because hes godlike.

The main events are Guilty Gear and Blazblue

Both cost $5 to enter along with the entry fee.

The side games are Melty Blood and now Skullgirls

Game-specific rules:
  • GG - banned characters: EX characters, Shadow color, Gold color
  • GG - macros banned (because glitch)
  • BB - No Unlimited characters.

We have another event, but I don't think there is enough slots to fit Skullgirls there, so I'm trying to see how running it at this one goes.

ah... im gonna have to cancel this

i wont be able to make it anymore for now

Man... I'm all the way in San Jose...

Man... I'm all the way in San Jose...

Then this tournament isn't too far out for you!

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/feb-22-2014-alpha-clash-9-mountain-view-ca.1544/

Kinda. Also Dolfinh and his guys aren't too far from you either. Either way you could join us when we do our NorCal lobbies on Tuesday. Which should have a thread made.

Anyways, the Alpha Clash series seems to be a pretty good spot for NorCal players. It's a bit out of the way for some, but if you can make it would be great. Apparently they're getting a few more players every time. So if you guys have a chance to come down it would be awesome.

Yea... I'm just a broke high schooler with no mode of transportation.

I can't make it.

1. My controller is near death and it keeps disconnecting itself
2. Got a new computer that's really expensive so I can't ask for money
3. Wisdom teeth, they hurt.

I can't make it.

1. My controller is near death and it keeps disconnecting itself
2. Got a new computer that's really expensive so I can't ask for money
3. Wisdom teeth, they hurt.

Sucks that you can't make it, but I hope that you can make it out to the next one!

I will. I hope, but seriously, I'll never forgive myself if I can't next time

I feel so loved
Are the matches gonna be streamed?

Aww. That sucks.

I know about it, sadly I'm just a year short of having my license. Once again I'll have to rely on my parents to drive me somewhere.