• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA NorCal/SF Bay Area Skullgirls

Mountain View... hmm... hopefully I can make it this time...

EDIT: After a quick Google search, this place only 16 minutes away (by car, I might walk but whatever)

Sorry it took me so long to make the event page on skullheart. I had no idea Alpha Clash 11 was even happening before NCR(I'm part of MMG and i wasn't informed of this ;_;)

I'm trying to get up with some Sacramento / Davis folks to level up my game.

My schedule is usually open, so I can play offline or online whenever.

I hope the next event is in San Jose. I'd have no excuse for not showing up.
Because then I won't underestimate the distance. Last time I did that it would have taken me 2 hours to get to Mountain View by foot.

I'm new here, since I just got the game, but it'd be cool if people in SF, Oakland, and other cities on the BART lines could meet. I don't have a car, so anyone else relying on BART would benefit too.

There's a video game museum in downtown Oakland that has Friday Fight Nights every week, 4PM-midnight, and I went there for DOA5U. Other people were playing UMVC3, SF3TS, etc. I ran this idea by Dustloop for BBCP (which I don't have yet).
No one responded, but oh well. Figured I'd try here.

https://www.facebook.com/bayareafightnight

http://themade.org/

That is a thing I would attend if I had the chance to. I also think that would be a decent spot for people not from the Southest of the South Bay to play.

Thanks for the response. Fri. Night Fight on FB responded saying they'll consider SG & BB as games for the lineup there. Anyone else possibly interested? Feel free to follow the link above & let them know.

Got a FB message from the place saying they have the game now. This means we can meet in Oakland by taking BART downtown this Fri. anytime between 4PM-12. No car needed to reach a local scene! I'll check it out, but feel free to drop by as well. BBCP is also there now I've heard.

https://www.facebook.com/bayareafightnight

I'm glad no one went. When I got there around 5, only SF4 & UMvC3 were being played there. Guess their lineup of games changes. If anyone knows of any local games being played in the Bay Area (BART cities, so we people w/o cars can attend), please post. Thanks!

Mountain View... Saturday... Let's hope, yea? I really wanna go...

Thanks for the info. Mountain View? Darn, no way of getting there. I'll try checking in w/the place in Oakland for this Friday.

Let me know if anyone at least wants to do some online matches this weekend if there's nowhere we can go in-person to play. Doesn't look like Fight Night in Oakland is happening.

I saw The Dancing Yeti, supermarkie90, and Sora364 on the Google map for SH, but am not sure if they're still on the forum. Thanks!

Mountain View isn't far, but the family car is crap and I don't wanna take the chance of it breaking down on the way up there.

Hey everyone, first off I am too norcal. Live in Fairfield. But anyways reason I am here is to see if you guys are interested in showing up at Game Center for skullgirls. Game Center is holding the ranbats of some anime games there, and I am been talking to Dacidbro about adding skullgirls. For more info about it link below.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...nbat-norcal-ah3-ap-bbcp-dfc-ggxrd-p4u2-uniel/

Thanks for the info. I'd love to play people in-person in the Bay Area. Where is Game Center? I Googled it, but only came up w/a closed one in San Mateo.

yea, thats the one! somehow it lives again.

Well, that's good to know. I live in Walnut Creek, but visit family in Fremont most weekends. If I can get there someday (no car), I'd like to check it out.

Santa Clara resident seeking (re)contact with SG scene. What are common watering holes for SG around here nowadays?

Incredibly sad but true. NorCal is kinda too spread out and disconnected at the moment. Plus our "local" has gone on hiatus. A venue is pretty hard to come by right now. But I do know we have players around NorCal just hard to get us all together.

(something something journey thousand miles something single step something.)

@Sadistic Cyanide where are you geographically, and/or how far are you willing to travel for SG gathering?

@Bit_Strife same question; where and/or how far?

For me, my travel extent tends to be up the peninsula just short of SF, up the East Bay as far as Union City, and as far south as Morgan Hills.

Last edited:
I'm based in the Richmond area. There's one other person who can play with me in this area but only on weekends. And I tend to work weekends.

(something something journey thousand miles something single step something.)

@Sadistic Cyanide where are you geographically, and/or how far are you willing to travel for SG gathering?

@Bit_Strife same question; where and/or how far?

For me, my travel extent tends to be up the peninsula just short of SF, up the East Bay as far as Union City, and as far south as Morgan Hills.
San Jose. Depends if I can ever get somewhere as my parents' car is on its last leg, has been for a while. So I haven't been able to go anywhere.

I'm willing to do something for the scene. The MADE video game museum in Oakland is the only place I know besides someone's house that I know where it was possible to meet.

But they're not doing Fight Nights anymore. I can travel to any place accessible by BART.

We really should have a thing happen. I'd like a local gathering so I can get the rust off. Then we can do our best to actually level up and be good and junk.

Saying that accomplishes nothing so let's actually brain storm. So you're saying The Made is no longer an option? Thus we either need to find another venue or a house to do it in. Would anyone be willing to host something like that? I know it sounds crazy inviting strangers to your house, though. And I can't do it. It's a space thing. Gotta try to figure something out.

Somewhere in San Jose? Please? ;_; I can't host because I'm just a teenager and my parents will flip out if random folks show up, plus I don't own a console.

I'll think San Jose is fine once you guys get BART and it stops being a pain to get there.

Edit: No offense. But I know you have people not far from you. In Cupertino so maybe something involving them might be doable. And if they come up maybe you can tag along. Maybe.

Last edited:
Well I live in San Jose so it shouldn't be that hard.

Know anyone who lives in an apartment/condo complex? Those places tend to have a club/party room that can be reserved by residents.

Also on unorthodox gathering spots: comic/card game shops. Though we (vidgame) tended to get weird looks from the normal (TCG) patrons.

And how can I contact Cupertino SG people?

Last edited:
@Dolfinh @Beamsprouts It didn't give me anything for Biz Casual. The Cupertino guys.

I'll look into this club room idea.

My friends have tried to get their games in card shops and they got kicked out and killed that idea. At least in this area.

Technically we could meet at a Starbucks or a cafe and play on a laptop or two there. Just couldn't swarm it. That idea is kind of a stretch.

Alright so there's a thing this Friday at Milpitas Golfland. Not a tournament but we're doing casuals so that we have some kind of a presence there. We'll do a monthly thing there eventually. Venue fee is $5. And they have great milkshakes!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1492607510981897/?fref=ts

That's all the info for the past weeks event but pretty sure it's all still good.

Got any questions? I'll do my best to answer or find someone who can. Let's all have a jolly good time or something.

Reactions: Φ
Ooooh. This isn't far.