• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Pacific Northwest (OR/WA) Thread

I'll most likely be making it as well. SG for all <3

Reactions: MysteriousJ
whenever i wake up until whenever i get too hungry.
gonna enter gg also which is at 2 i think?
i'll probably be there most of the time

Do you accept peeps who will play online? (WA)

@Skarmand Oh you bet. I'm talking to anyone, so I will add you.

I'll "main" your "game" at nwm

Reactions: Era
finally finished registration today and was curious if there were any possible carpool plans?

I just started a new job so my attendance at all is iffy right now.
If we get confirmation that SG won't start until like, noon, then I could probably confirm a sat-sun trip as long as you can get up to PDX somehow.

I can only guarantee that it won't start earlier than 10am.

I figured out carpool plans with some of he PDX FGC guys now i wanna look and see if the schedule is officially out yet

Reactions: RAT__BABY
Hey guys was just curious what everyone was up to today, Spencer is hosting a casuals session at his place in SE portland. I'll be there however it'll primarily be a usf4/xrd session I'm assuming, but anyway if anybody wants to come play some SG inbox me and i'll give you the address.

Considering you're probably only going to get a few people total, trying to run multiple tournaments divided by arbitrary metrics that don't really measure your skill level seems like a bad idea.
Just running a skullgirls/whatever else you have/BYOC get together for some Portland SH people seems like an easier way to run things. Tournaments are cool, but doing 2 like that seems silly.
If you're a beginner then playing the better people is how you get good, and separating skill groups like that can't help, so just do one normal tourney and make plenty of room for casuals.

HI EVERYONE.

My name is Salsa (Eric), and I run front desk / smash stuff at the NWM/NWBG events.

Deniz and I have both been very surprised by the amount of people making it out [at NWBG] recently for SG, and I think if we can keep getting more and more people to show up, we can convince him to actually run tournaments with an entry fee and payout!

Things we need:

More players,

PS3 setups and MONITORS,

and most importantly, we need to get the word out to all of the SG players around here. I know Domo showed up to the last event, and I won't be able to make it to this one, but if a LOT more people start showing up, I think there's an extremely good chance of there being a tournament the month after!

Thank you for reading.
-salsa

Reactions: RAT__BABY
I had no idea people were showing up to NWBG for SG. last I asked it was basically nobody, and no one from WA really posts here so I had no recent updates.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as herb I think it's ridiculous that people arent like posting on the OFFICIAL FORUM more to look for locals honestly, it's the easiest way to do so. Especialyl for skullgirls.

Hey guys just wanted to let you know Newcon is having another skullgirls tournament in January 16th.

It's an anime convention and whatnot but last year they had a really nice skullgirls trophy made because Kira Buckland was a guest!

http://www.newconpdx.com/gaming/

I dont think there is an exact schedule for this coming tournament, though i'll add that info whenever it comes up

Reactions: Hawt Salsa
I'm coming back next week for winter break, and I'd be down to drive to salem/tigard/portland for some games.

Reactions: Era