• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel MDE Combo Thread (Page 3 Onwards)

Oh, there's a way to land quickly from throw without needing Flight? I'll take that Air LK Buer starter, thanks.

Oh, there's a way to land quickly from throw without needing Flight? I'll take that Air LK Buer starter, thanks.
Buffer LK.Buer just as the impact from throw happens.

this looks too nice to not be shared

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp, lk buer, fly,
9j.lk, mk buer+copter, hk buer, fly,
8j.hk,
s.mk, hk buer, fly,
8j.mk,
s.lk, lk buer, fly,
9j.lp, lk buer,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mk, s.hp, lk buer, deathcrawl

You can do this with quite a few assists. My favorite being H A-Train.. It's so fun to watch and it does another 300ish damage than the copter version.
I should mention on lighter characters you can do fly 1/2 j.hp instead of j.hk to add about 100 more damage IF you are looking to get the most out of it. The timing is pretty strict so I normally just stick with j.hk as it's ALOT easier.

Thanks for crediting me for this Caio!
I swear one of these days I'll get around to making a PW combo/reset video...

I should mention on lighter characters you can do fly 1/2 j.hp instead of j.hk to add about 100 more damage IF you are looking to get the most out of it. The timing is pretty strict so I normally just stick with j.hk as it's ALOT easier.
Timing isn't actually that strict, just character specific, because sometimes doing 5j.HP works fine (Like on Filia), and all you have to do is hit that 10ish frame input buffer during fly startup.

Reactions: Elda Taluda
Timing isn't actually that strict, just character specific, because sometimes doing 5j.HP works fine (Like on Filia), and all you have to do is his that 10ish frame input buffer during fly startup.

When you put it that way... I guess that means I suck at it? lmao
Good to know though. I'll keep that in mind for future attempts.

When you put it that way... I guess that means I suck at it? lmao
Good to know though. I'll keep that in mind for future attempts.
Also, you just reminded me.

Stage 2
cr.LK,cr.MK,cr.HP xx (Assist Call) HK.Buer > H.A-Train Connects
Stage 3
j.MK xx Air.LK.Buer xx Fly >
Stage 4
j.MK xx Air.LK.Buer

Is a thing. The assist connects for free, does a million billion damage, and you get extra Buers (Because you land and jump).

Oh fuck. This means Buer Elevator is back. I am so hype right now. Going to go combo parasoul.

Reactions: Elda Taluda
Oh fuck. This means Buer Elevator is back. I am so hype right now. Going to go combo parasoul.

Glad to help! Albeit inadvertently XD

ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN (10349 Damage)

Stage 2

cr.LK,cr.MK,cr.HP xx HK.Buer (Call Assist) xx H.A-Train >
Stage 3
Air.LK.Buer xx Fly > 20
Stage 4
Air.LK.Buer > 40
Stage 5
j.MK > 60
MK.Buer > 80
OTG s.HK > 110
j.MP xx Air.LK.Buer xx Fly > 150
j.HK > 180
s.MK xx LK.Buer xx Fly > 220
j.LK > 235
s.LP,s.LK,s.MK,s.HP xx LK.Buer xx Deathcrawl

Also wooow. H.A-Train gets you like 9k plus corner carry midscreen if you use Thresher early.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaioLugon
In before Beta PW nerfs (again).

Man... I don't know if I could emotionally handle another damage nerf.

Just don't find a corner combo that does 9k assist-less for 1 meter, and she should be fine. If you do however, keep it to yourself and hope everybody else picks up on it over-time. =/

With that being said, I'm going to check out assist combos that allow you to do two LK Buers after the starter.

Last edited:
At this point, there are other offenders. I can't imagine there would be just a PW nerf were there a nerf at all.

Just don't find a corner combo that does 9k assist-less for 1 meter, and she should be fine.

oops

cLK cMK cHP xx HK buer
aLK buer xx Fly 20
aLK buer 40
otg LK buer xx Fly 60
jLK 75
sMKxx HK buer xx Fly 115
jHP 145
sMP 165
jMP xx aLK buer xx Fly 205
jHK 235
sLP sLK cMP sHP xx LK buer xx Death Crawl

9,112 on lights only, its pretty hard but someone with not garbage execution can make it worth using.

EDIT: Oh man you can make the falling LK buer a lot easier if you try to time your qcf with the whoosh sound on the HK buer. The sound just happens to approximately end when you recover from the animation so that's at least an audio cue for the timing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krackatoa and Dime
thats like a 2 frame link at best...

i think

thats like a 2 frame link at best...

i think

What... Is like a 2 frame link? Tomo posted a trick to make the air buer to otg buer easier and i revamped it to make it even easier than that. Its probably a 4 or more frame link with the tricks posted.

I think he means the falling air LK Buer after the first grounded HK Buer, by which is pretty dang hard. It depends on how many frames the opposing character falls before going into the knockdown animation after HK buer, which is not a lot. I'll try to get some numbers and edit them in.

EDIT: LK buer has 13 frames of startup and Squigly stays in the air for about 15 frames so yeah, pretty tight at best on a very light character

Last edited:
I think he means the falling air LK Buer after the first grounded HK Buer, by which is pretty dang hard. It depends on how many frames the opposing character falls before going into the knockdown animation after HK buer, which is not a lot. I'll try to get some numbers and edit them in.

EDIT: LK buer has 13 frames of startup and Squigly stays in the air for about 15 frames so yeah, pretty tight at best on a very light character
Huh? I can get it like no trouble on everyone in the cast except Double and BB.

I could only really see it being a 2/3 frame on them.

On lights it is really easy, you don't even need to time it because you don't need to move down in order to OTG them fine afterwards.

EDIT: Wait, there is no flight cancel... I'm wrong wow that is tricky haha

Last edited:

Oh ok was reading the notation wrong. Yeah it is a tight link. Tried it on val. Seems like a 3 frame link or maybe a 2. Seems very doable with some practice. The link doesnt feel TO tight. Awesome find either way. For the first time im going through and revamping my combos to be corner consistent. Ive never really had a reason to till now.

@Tomo009

Maybe you are reading the notation wrong like i was. They are doing hk buer (no fly cancel) air lk buer (fly cancel, air lk buer, land, lk buer otg.

The first air lk buer is kinda tight with no fly cancel.
Yep I noticed after your first post.

Reactions: Dime
What have you done, she'll be nerfed again! D=

Time to learn this before it goes away!

Edit: Yeah, I'm getting around 9k and the link isn't really difficult. Also getting 7460 off of a grab starting with:

LK Buer (Land)
s.lp, s.lk, c.mk, c.hp xx HK Buer

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thought those install combos were the sickest thing ever?

Reactions: CrunchyFrog
Ah magicman, I just got bodied by him all of last night.

His neutral's pretty good, but once you get hit you're boned. He puts on a ton of damage with a ton of resets. His combos are definitely worth copying.

Oh I misspoke. He puts on a ton of damage with a ton of potential reset points.

He leans toward huge damage for sure, though he definitely resets.

Edited to add: to his credit, his spacing is pretty solid for his j.mp which is a huge weakness of mine.

oops

cLK cMK cHP xx HK buer
aLK buer xx Fly 20
aLK buer 40
otg LK buer xx Fly 60
jLK 75
sMKxx HK buer xx Fly 115
jHP 145
sMP 165
jHK 235
sLP sLK cMP sHP xx LK buer xx Death Crawl

9,112 on lights only, its pretty hard but someone with not garbage execution can make it worth using.

EDIT: Oh man you can make the falling LK buer a lot easier if you try to time your qcf with the whoosh sound on the HK buer. The sound just happens to approximately end when you recover from the animation so that's at least an audio cue for the timing.

Add an H.Brass assist call just before you cancel into the first HK.Buer and you get it for free (+ Makes the follow up easier). Smashes 10k damage. It also opens up falling Buer to work on every character. Not everyone is susceptible to refly into another Buer, however (Have to use a normal).

This does... so much damage. It doesn't break super-one-touch range, but it would with CH, I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shnarfl
An easy version of the "master blaster" combo above

8.5k damage, 1 meter, much harder to drop:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,cr.hp xx hk buer xx fly, kara down forward air lk buer, otg lk buer, fly, f+J.lk, st.mk (4) xx hk buer, fly, j.hp (4), st.lp,st.mp, j.mp (4) wait, air lk buer xx fly, j.hk, st.lk,cr.mp,st.hp xx lk buer xx deathcrawl

So you lose either 200 damage from the first combo or 500 damage from the second combo. For a much much easier combo (the other 2 combos both have links that are close to 1 frame... This has none of that.

There is no seriously hard part to this combo besides the kara buer... Which isnt that hard with practice.

But the j.hp to st.mp link in the original combos is a deal breaker for me.

Also, if someone wants to you can switch the lights in the combo above and get an extra light attack in which will probably result in an extra 50 damage or so... But the link becomes harder to me so im happy with this version. Of course, more damage can be added via assist.. Etc etc

An easy version of the "master blaster" combo above

8.5k damage, 1 meter, much harder to drop:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,cr.hp xx hk buer xx fly, kara down forward air lk buer, otg lk buer, fly, f+J.lk, st.mk (4) xx hk buer, fly, j.hp (4), st.lp,st.mp, j.mp (4) wait, air lk buer xx fly, j.hk, st.lk,cr.mp,st.hp xx lk buer xx deathcrawl

So you lose either 200 damage from the first combo or 500 damage from the second combo. For a much much easier combo (the other 2 combos both have links that are close to 1 frame... This has none of that.

There is no seriously hard part to this combo besides the kara buer... Which isnt that hard with practice.

But the j.hp to st.mp link in the original combos is a deal breaker for me.

Also, if someone wants to you can switch the lights in the combo above and get an extra light attack in which will probably result in an extra 50 damage or so... But the link becomes harder to me so im happy with this version. Of course, more damage can be added via assist.. Etc etc
I don't see a reason to do this instead of my combo, it's not really any easier, you would just be giving up 200 damage.

Tbqh i forgot what your combo was. I just looked at it and yeah it does seem better though the st.lk link might pose some character specific difficulties... Maybe. The combo i posted was an easier version of the 9k combo.

But yeah, i think i will be doing your combo from now on. And with this, we have a 3v3 tod if we dhc into into double lvl 3 after deathcrawl.

....so thats nice.

I don't see a reason to do this instead of my combo, it's not really any easier, you would just be giving up 200 damage.
Here's a reason not to do your combo:

cLK cMK cHP xx HK buer xx Fly
aLK Buer
jMK
otg LK buer xx Fly

at the start of my 9k combo makes it do 8784 damage instead, 58 more than yours, without the horrible falling LK buer link. Suck it 8)

You still have jHP sMP but its actually super easy if you hold down forward just a little bit before the jHP.

of course this still isn't possible on heavies but hey progress

Combo warz...

@Shnarfl

... Thats a great tip the df j.hp... Df j.hp being a different move than 5j.hp..............

Combo wars is actually a pretty neat idea! I should jump on it too! :)

there's actually lots of tips and tricks you can do to make your life easier and/or more consistent. One I particularly like is, at that point:

jHK 235

instead of fly canceling just do a falling jHK. Its tighter a link than fly canceling but
1. Your position is consistent
2. You always get full damage from the jHK
3. The opponent is always right above the floor so your lights won't whiff and/or they'll be low enough to get caught by LK Buer

Sadly this does not work on heavies (Parasoul and up) so if you want that chain in your corner combo against heavies you have to flight cancel.

EDIT: Its also pretty tough on Fortune and Val too so I'd recommend just flight canceling for them.

Last edited:
Yeah, but i didnt like the fall thats why i added in the fly cancel and here's another tip for that section:

J.mp, big delay, xx lk buer.

You will fall much closer to the ground and the resulting fly j.hk into a restand becomes super easy.

-edit

Ok so it seems this combo is possible on heavies as well with some improvements:

Against parasoul:
Cr.lk,cr.mk,cr.hp xx hk buer xx fly kara air lk buer
Otg lk buer, fly j.lk, st.mk, xx hk buer, *fly f+mk, st.mp, j.mp xx lk buer xx fly, j.hk, st.lp,st.lkcr.mp xx lk buer xx deathcrawl.

The kara lk buer is tough on double/BB but doable.

-edit 2

A different combo is needed against double and bella and band:

*fly u/f j.mk,j.hp,st.mp, air lk buer, st.lp,st.lk,cr.mp, st.hp xx lk buer xx dc

Hitting the j.hp against double and band is rather difficult.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shnarfl
Here's a reason not to do your combo:

cLK cMK cHP xx HK buer xx Fly
aLK Buer
jMK
otg LK buer xx Fly

at the start of my 9k combo makes it do 8784 damage instead, 58 more than yours, without the horrible falling LK buer link. Suck it 8)

You still have jHP sMP but its actually super easy if you hold down forward just a little bit before the jHP.

of course this still isn't possible on heavies but hey progress
Oh nice, I didn't think j.mk so soon would actually add damage, but then again, I don't play this character :P

11000 Counterhit Jumbo Special ft. H-Brass | 1 Meter w/ Assist

CH j.HP > -100
cr.LK,cr.MK,cr.HP xx HK.Buer > H.Brass > -100
Falling Air.LK.Buer xx Fly > -80
Air.LK.Buer > -60
OTG LK.Buer xx Fly > -40
j.LK > -25
s.MK xx HK.Buer > 15
j.HP(4) > 45
cr.MP xx LK.Buer xx Fly > 85
j.LP > 100
s.HK > 130
j.MP,j.HP(4) xx Air.LK.Buer xx Fly > 200
j.HK > 230
s.LP,s.LK,s.MK,s.HP xx LK.Buer xx Deathcrawl

Should work on mediums and lights... should work on heavies after some tinkering (Swap j.HP for j.HK, change last air series as well)

DHC into Level 3 puts this combo past the fabled 14.3k same ratio instagib mark. 95% in 3v2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spencer
Crossing fingers for assist nerf over buer nerf!