• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Platinum Games

I personally think MadWorld had the best art style, the black and white style made the game really unique unlike any other game.
since the Art Director for MadWorld drew some art for the SG gallery, i wonder if its possible all the Skullgirls character can get MadWorld color schemes.

since the Art Director for MadWorld drew some art for the SG gallery, i wonder if its possible all the Skullgirls character can get MadWorld color schemes.

I would totally be down for that. It's an art style I'm also experimenting with.

I just wanna say
That QTE in the wonderful 101 almost made me lose

That game is awesome! :)

Just checked, yep, both DLCs are free.
Not in Europe....at this point, I can't even feign surprise. :/
I did buy Blade Wolf before.

Anyway, been getting reacquainted with MGRR. I'd love this game so much if the camera just wasn't so horrible. I really want to mend the fact my rank average is B but THAT CAMERA! *raises fist into the air*
I'd really love to know how folks deal with it because that whole deal of WHATEVER OUT OF NOWHERE really gets under my skin pretty quick especially Mastiffs and their "jump out of the screen from a time frame ranging between 5 seconds to 2 weeks". >:(

Speaking of Platinum...it pained me to see that Anarchy Reigns had such a low life cycle...the delay in america, not being updated, semi broken system...

I wish it lasted longer...:(
Besides those issues, the player base isn't the nicest one out there. As a importer, I've seen it during the first month of both Max Anarchy and Anarchy Reigns. A lot of players dropped this game after 1 or 2 weeks of no holds barred abuse. N00bs get CURBSTOMPED in that game and the veterans rarely bother to a) cut them some slack and b) helping them learn the game. You had players in their first day dealing with Bayo-bugging Master Evaders. I did. My first month was Hell. I was even embarrassed to play Team Death Match where I had like 0 kills and 7 deaths, almost feeling the looks of condemnation from my team mates, knowing that I cost them the game. Doesn't help that you can tell a new player almost immediately and then it's the whole opposing team riding his ass for 10m.
Few people have the thick skin to endure that. Me, I love the game but I did vow to NEVER take it seriously. It's not only unfair by design, it's bursting at the seams with abusable glitches.
The online is still active but it's really just a handful of veterans. I would still play it but I was hoping people would have reached a gentleman's agreement of not using any of the glitches...needless to say the exact opposite happened. Apparently the glitches should be exploited because the game has "Anarchy" in the title so anything goes, AMIRITE? I'll also say the community can be massive hypocrites. New player uses glitches: everyone gangs up on him/her; veteran player uses glitches: nothing wrong with that.

All that said, the game was arguably the most multiplayer fun I ever had. Would love to have a properly programmed (and tested!) sequel.

Initially, I didn't care for Wonderful 101 a lot. Since I hadn't played any prior Platinum Games game before. But then along came the Director's Edition trailer and got pretty hype!

Played it, beat it, got my ass kicked, ~LOVED IT~

My personal Game of the Year right there, and one of my favourites of all time.

If you are a Hideki Kamiya fan or a Platinum Games fanboy..get ready. He has a new project for 2014.
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/3...ar-where-a-new-project-will-be-set-in-motion/

“There’s a lot I hold dear in making games, but I think for developers, having fun is most important. The atmosphere of the workplace shows clearly in a game’s quality, so I want to treasure a team atmosphere where each member can have fun developing games. Also, 2014 will be the year where a new project will fully be set in motion. I want to boldly and happily walk that path without fear of failure”

Holy fucking shit.
First The Evil Within, and now Kamiya + Platinum Games?
uh... kamiya has been with platinum games already.

I seem to only like Bayo though in terms of platinum games.... Vanquish was good but it seems like they'll never touch that. poor Vanquished.

So I recently got The Wonderful 101 for Christmas and...

GIF_-_Wonderful_101_Thumbs_Up.gif

With this news breaking..lets speculate on what game he might work on.

1. Starfox - He did say he was willing to do it but after fans kept pushing for it, he said he didnt want to do it anymore. Then again..he does troll a lot on his twitter.
2. Murasame Jō Franchise. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34642
3. There was a rumor a while back from neogaf that PG was working with microsoft to make a game for the XB1 console
4. Viewtiful Joe 3..
lol yeah right..I want it so bad but its never gonna happen :(

You lucky people with your WiiUs and your sparkly new Platinum Games. Regardless, it's great to see that P* and Kamiya are doing more work together again. People like Kamiya and Mikami working with Platinum is like a golden beacon of awesome in this age of gaming.

I just got Rising on PC and the music is amazing, im loving platinum games

You had me at The Wonderful 102.

That's cute
I mean you or your other creations get to be an in-universe hero
that's like every kid's fantasy

Reactions: DDB
That's cute
I mean you or your other creations get to be an in-universe hero
that's like every kid's fantasy
Screw the kids, that's MY fantasy.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
http://www.gamechup.com/platinum-ga...uled-for-march-2016-codenamed-project-nagano/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

Ntkrnl, an insider on NeoGAF, who has been pretty much dropping bombs all day, hasrevealed that Platinum Games is working on an Xbox One game which is codenamed Project Nagano.

There was a rumour earlier as well from another extremely reliable insider called CBOAT, who also confirmed that Platinum Games was developing a game for Microsoft.

He says that it is scheduled for release in March 2016, which is a long time, but makes sense. Take this as a rumour for now. We will keep you updated as we hear more on this.

So I recently got The Wonderful 101 for Christmas and...

GIF_-_Wonderful_101_Thumbs_Up.gif

I just got it yesterday.

It's so good now that I have it in my hands. I was a supporter of Wonder Red in Smash Bros before. Now I'm a life long advocate. Please find some way to make this Wonderful guy work, Sakurai.

Also if there is ever a VJ3 (I know hope is thinner than paper), a Wonderful guest could very well appear...

137895005422.gif

In case you're never heard the Japanese version of the main theme

Last edited:
What if Wonder Pink was a Skullgirl

"UNITE...BONEWHIP!"

What if Fortune was a Wonderful One

"MEOWNITE...YARN BALL!"
*starts playing with it*

Wonder Bella: "We're supposed to be fighting, furball!"

Vorkken.

I haven't been this much happily frustrated since the second Vergil fight in DMC3. Spamming Unite Gun's Stinger and Unite Hand sometimes gets me by. I still need to work on just countering his attacks with Unite Guts though. At least his theme is good. A good rival has to have a riveting theme to get that blood pumping. And this guy's got it.

"dying is a terrible thing"
That so, Vorkkie
Why am I doing it so damn much then

Last edited:
It's too bad once you realize Vorkken pretty much has the most predictable pattern in the game he's like the easiest fights in the game.

I'm pretty late to the party, but this last six months or so, I have learned to ADORE Platinum and Clover.

I rented and beat Bayonetta (which was awesome), purchased Okami (which is incredible), recently bought Metal Gear Rising: Revengance (which is some of the most fun I've had with a video game in months) and Devil May Cry HD Collection (still need to play it). I don't have a Wii U, but if I ever do, Wonderful 101 will be one of, if not the first, game I buy for it.

It's too bad once you realize Vorkken pretty much has the most predictable pattern in the game he's like the easiest fights in the game.

I know that, I do, but sometimes I'm just like "okay here comes Vorkken Fist better Guts that" and he's just "oh, I'm sorry did you order an unblockable Boomerang"

Sometimes I futz up and try to guard against things I think are coming, except that they don't and I get blown up (this sounds familiar), but I'm pretty far

just beat the jungle/volcano stage

I'd be much farther if I didn't have Platimum score fever (curse you Bayonetta), but somewhere along the line I just settled for getting Gold on each Operation Section until I beat the game then coming back for rescoregeance

There's a bottlecap for getting at least silver on every operation.

also one for getting a platinum on every operation.

Got something to actually work towards now.

them Operation 004 Wonder Blue feels, man

Operation 005 has my favorite ending not counting the final operation.

That operation solidifed Immorta as my third favorite character (next to Red's unflinching justice first and Green's sassiness second). Pink...needs work. At least she's fabulous. I wanna like Blue but he's gonna be Luka tier if he doesn't get it together. He came down with a bad case of "you ain't MY leader" itis and that's what really threw me for a loop with Junpei in P3.

Oh don't worry, Operation 006 will put him in place.

My favorites are Red (who is the absolute best in the game), Yellow (the most kawaii of all), and Green (because damn if he didn't have a remark for every occasion). The others are all okay. Chewgi's rad. I'd hang with him.