• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Platinum Games

All this praise of Wonderful 101 kinda makes me wanna get it as a Birthday Gift to myself

Get it

Like now

Unite Money, Jutsei

Draw a rectangle with a circle in the middle with a president's face on it on the Wii U touchpad to activate

Reactions: Jutsei and DDB
Alternatively, use the right stick.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
While we are on this Wonderful subject, anybody got better combos on enemies than Unite Sword (or Hand) basic combo>Cyclone>Rising>air basic combo>Cyclone>Rising>Basic Combo>Tombstone>Rocket

I know sticking the Unite Gun's Rising in one of the two launching opportunities is stylish and ending with Unite Hammer slam in air instead of Tombstone does way more damage. Unite Claw at the end of combo to apply freeze stun you until they regain composure then back off until you can stun them again.

All-Out IDGAF attack pattern is Unite Hand plus craptons of Unite Sword assists (I forget what they are actually called).

Safe way to do damage from distance is Unite Gun's Stinger until you see an opportunity. Or Unite Whip.

Currently experimenting with launch>Unite Bomb to slow descent>things

Last edited:
Oh yeah forgot that just about every weapon has a variation of Cyclone, Rising, and Stinger (what in the world does Bomb Stinger look like)

Once I get Bomb Cyclone I'll try that out.

stinger for bomb is just a long toss
bomb also comes pre-equipped with stinger, rising, and cyclone (they don't tell you this)

stinger for bomb is just a long toss

Ah

bomb also comes pre-equipped with stinger, rising, and cyclone (they don't tell you this)

SHENANIGANS

I'm more than likely gonna do it.
Sides, getting a Birthday Gift for yourself isn't douchey is it?

Not if it's a Wonderful gift

Speaking of combos, there's also a bottlecap for using 15 different Unite Morphs in one combo.

Fun stuff.

Go Go Mighty Uniting Power Rangers

First the deal with Sega, and now Microsoft.
Oh, Platinum, Platinum...you're great devs, but by Jubileus' gilded knickers, you really must hate money.

On the other hand, it does mean P*'s not going to be developing exclusively for Nintendo as many thought would be the case. Assuming that leak is true, of course.

We'll know in about a month's time. (almost forgot E3 is just around the corner)

Ooh. Found this interesting 8-bit remix of It Has to Be This Way.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
First the deal with Sega, and now Microsoft.
Oh, Platinum, Platinum...you're great devs, but by Jubileus' gilded knickers, you really must hate money.

On the other hand, it does mean P*'s not going to be developing exclusively for Nintendo as many thought would be the case. Assuming that leak is true, of course.

We'll know in about a month's time. (almost forgot E3 is just around the corner)
They get paid to make the game, not from the sales of the game.

Holy shit, Platinum is making a legend of Korra game, please be good, I have faith in you platinum.
Wow. When people always say "I totally wish for a (licensed game title) by Platinum" its usually a totally wacky impossible dream.

Neat.

Wow. When people always say "I totally wish for a (licensed game title) by Platinum" its usually a totally wacky impossible dream.

Neat.
That's news to you? People have been wishing for a Kill La Kill game by Platinum Games a long time now.

Holy shit, Platinum is making a legend of Korra game, please be good, I have faith in you platinum.

WAIT WUT
OH SHIT

IM GONNA SAY IT RIGHT NOW
PLAYABLE BOLIN OR BUST

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I don't even watch Korra but that game looks legit

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!

There is NO ONE who could have been a better fit for this game! Platinum is PERFECT for the kind of combat that an Avatar game needs!

The only thing that could go wrong is, if this is like other Platinum games, the scale of the final sequence could make the plot of Season 3 irrelevant by comparison:

"Korra, the planet Venus has gone rouge and is trying to destroy us! Use the Hyper Infinite Ultra Avatar Suplex State to bend the entire planet Earth into a giant fist, and punch Venus in the face!"

"...what...?"

Its a digital only game, dont expect too much. Probably just cash-in for season 3. Also, release is this fall aready, that dosnt sound so good.

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!

There is NO ONE who could have been a better fit for this game! Platinum is PERFECT for the kind of combat that an Avatar game needs!

The only thing that could go wrong is, if this is like other Platinum games, the scale of the final sequence could make the plot of Season 3 irrelevant by comparison:

"Korra, the planet Venus has gone rouge and is trying to destroy us! Use the Hyper Infinite Ultra Avatar Suplex State to bend the entire planet Earth into a giant fist, and punch Venus in the face!"

"...what...?"

I honestly see no other way for this game to end but this

Reactions: juju_for_president
I'm still fucking hoping for a Kill la Kill Platinum Game.
Korra & Ryuko are pretty similar in that they're hot-headed protagonists that tend to make really REALLY dumb decisions without thinking.

PLAYABLE BOLIN OR BUST
Playable Varrick, which consists entirely of saying "Zhu Li, do the thing!"

I hope there's a versus mode

The only thing I hate about this is that Korra is the main character. Though having a playable Bolin, Tenzin, or Iroh II would make up for that. I'm going to stop here since I know I'm going to go into a rant about TLOK's story telling.
I'm looking forward to this game, but judging by the screenshots and the early release date my hopes aren't too high, even if it is a Platinum Game. Then again it's way too early to pass judgement, so I'll just wait and see.

The only thing I hate about this is that Korra is the main character. Though having a playable Bolin, Tenzin, or Iroh II would make up for that. I'm going to stop here since I know I'm going to go into a rant about TLOK's story telling.
Playable Lin would be cool. So would an ice climbers-style Eska & Desna.

Apparently, there's a vote going on for the cover of the game. It's happening on the Legend of Korra's Facebook page.

Eh, it seems like all of Kamiya's games end up being really short (Revengeance, Bayonetta) or incredibly long (Wonderful 101, Okami), and given that it is a downloadable title, I'm not surprised its in the prior.

So long as the usual Platinum replay value is there, a 4 hour story should be no problem.

This isn't by Kamiya though. Neither was MGR.

Main idea stands, just want to point that out.

the spirit of the ass is strong throughout all of platinum

GameSpot demo - a bit more standing around but shows a lot more abilities (they almost confirm it's a near end game skill build).

Seems a bit like MA and MGRR - very detailed main characters, superb animation all round but the backgrounds are a bit subpar.
In any case, count me interested. Might even marathon the show to tide the wait.