• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

I am just glad we arent getting another fire fighting, and have a second evolution that suggests a more feminine form for the fire starter. but now I have first world pokemon trainer problems.

I want Finnekin.... but the male Pyroar is the hypest shit. HOW CAN I CHOOSE?!

I am just glad we arent getting another fire fighting, and have a second evolution that suggests a more feminine form for the fire starter. but now I have first world pokemon trainer problems.

I want Finnekin.... but the male Pyroar is the hypest shit. HOW CAN I CHOOSE?!
Both with a sunny day/drought team

Both with a sunny day/drought team
But I cant have a team of pokemon that share types. it feels too gimmicky. I'm a full on attack kind of person with little to no stat moves or setup attacks.

teamflarefull.jpg

So, the Team Flare girls are basically female cyclops?​

Last edited:
But I cant have a team of pokemon that share types. it feels too gimmicky. I'm a full on attack kind of person with little to no stat moves or setup attacks.
I feel ya there I was like that for awhile (same types that is) but then I tried it and I found it was great for me (I also don't like setup attacks as well in fact any pokemon I can get with Sheer Force I tend to do so because I favor Power over everything else :p )

Well,

Gen 2: Espeon, Umbreon

Gen 4: Glaceon, Leafeon

Gen 6: Sylveon, ???

If we follow the release pattern, another Eeveelution could be released. A lot of people think it's gonna be a Dragon type, because both Eevee pairs have an Eeveelution that is weak to the other one.
...Gen 1: Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon.

I was hoping that he would become a Water/Dragon pokemon based of the legends his first form is based off of (which would have a killer stach) but I'm happy we are finally getting a sweeper water pokemon (basing this off the more aerodynamic design compared to the other two starters)
...but Swift Swim Kingdra was so strong that he got the drizzle and swift swim combo banned. If it weren't for that, Water would have the best sweeper in the game.
Off-topic, but I have to say it's strange that in the case of sand rush, they banned excadrill, while in the case of swift swim, they banned the ability combination. I understand that excadrill was really the only worthwhile sand rush user, but what about in the future when other pokemon inevitably get sand rush? And isn't the ability combination ban a little more elegant by still allowing people to use excadrill outside of uber? I'm speaking from a position of kind-of sort-of decentish knowledge of the pokemon metagame, though.

So, the Team Flare girls are basically female cyclops?​
Yeah. Except relatively pretty. My fav is the green.

There's teams that laugh at your insolence. Namely mine.

Yeah. Except relatively pretty. My fav is the green.

I personally like Mable (the blue one) with Bryony (the green hair) following in at a close second.

There's teams that laugh at your insolence. Namely mine.
I HAVE to have type coverage. I feel like I've got a weak link if i don't. its the main reason I dont use my Victini (named Churchill) and my Shiney Jolly Sheer Force Darmanitan (lucky me!) on the same team!

The final evolutions of the starters and (they undoubtedly do) their megalutions. Dual type/type changing moves. There's still a bit left.

...Gen 1: Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon

Yes, yes, I know, I was just making a theory, nothing more.

Pokemon X & Y Analysis: Evolved Starter Pokémon Trailer Part 9 (Secrets & Hidden Details)

I really can't wait to customize and do PR videos with my trainer.​

*HA HA HA HA HA HA AAAAAAAAAA*

^The manical laugh of a guy who was trying his darndest to not look at the evolved versions of the starters or any more new Pokemon until X's release. Only to have his hopes dashed by a video thumbnail D':

Sigh...oh well guess I'll give my comments on it...

I do have to say its a radical form change, but it reminds me of Kirlia. And I love me some Gardevoir. In any case, no matter what it's third form looks like, I'll accept it as my true self, transfiguring my Persona Typhlosion into Mega Fennekin my new Fire starter.

Reactions: juju_for_president
That's 6 AM here.
Woo hoo.

Well that was extremely disappointing.

Only sort of. I'm going to send in 100 postcards so that I can get the limited edition POKEMON LEAGUE HAT!!

I'M GONNA GET IT!

Wow.
So you make a special announcement that somethings gonna happen...
And it's not even a game?
Wooooooooooo because contests totally deserve to be called "Special annoucemenets"

Aahh the salt of everyone tastes so good

Did no one else really see what this was? Anyone read pokemon news at all? There was a leak telling that gottacatchemall.com was going to be a thing and it wasn't going to be a game. I still want my pokemon league hat so Ima enter.

Did no one else really see what this was? Anyone read pokemon news at all? There was a leak telling that gottacatchemall.com was going to be a thing and it wasn't going to be a game. I still want my pokemon league hat so Ima enter.
Wait, can you actually get a gen 1 ash hat from this? It didn't list that in the prizes.

No I'm just fuckin around. Ash made a big deal that he sent in hundreds of postcards to get his iconic "Pokemon League Hat" that he first wears in the anime. I could buy it on Amazon for a few dollars. It's not winnable from this sweepstakes thing they have going.

But how fuckin awesome would that be?

No I'm just fuckin around. Ash made a big deal that he sent in hundreds of postcards to get his iconic "Pokemon League Hat" that he first wears in the anime. I could buy it on Amazon for a few dollars. It's not winnable from this sweepstakes thing they have going.

But how fuckin awesome would that be?
I got the reference, you just made me excited. Because you said it twice so I thought you were serious.
And now I'm depressed.
Sigh.

Yeah there's very few things I say that are actually serious. Like my distaste for Beowulf. That shit's fo real.

The weird part about this promo is... does pokemon even need promos for people to buy it at this point?

Well, believe it or not, there's a lot of retro pokemon lovers on their way out of the fandom. Those kids that grew up with the fatass gameboy with pokemon blue might not feel it's cool anymore to play pokemon. And even people who really started during gen 2. There's just a lot to take into accoutn here, but essentially they have all the gamers they need to make a profit, they just want more on board so that they're fresh and not old crusty geezers like a lot of us are. I've been playing since Red and Blue.

Well thanks to the promo I got a Online card booster pack containing White Kyurem so I don't care what other people say I do what I want anyway~

Hey, not sure if anyone's talking about this, but check this out: Super Training.

Basically, GameFreak is (FINALLY) allowing trainers to actually see their Pokemon's EVs and presumably IVs, as well as turning the EV training into minigames rather than a massive grindfest.

I can't tell you how much I'm excited for this. Hacking will probably still be used for the IVs, but this is amazingly more convenient than the previous method.

Hey, not sure if anyone's talking about this, but check this out: Super Training.

Basically, GameFreak is (FINALLY) allowing trainers to actually see their Pokemon's EVs and presumably IVs, as well as turning the EV training into minigames rather than a massive grindfest.

I can't tell you how much I'm excited for this. Hacking will probably still be used for the IVs, but this is amazingly more convenient than the previous method.
Holy shit.
It's like they actually care about competitive pokemon.

Meh I'll still just use Pokedit :/ but still it's nice to have though

Holy shit.
It's like they actually care about competitive pokemon.
They actually do. They basically made Dragons kneel to the puny fairies because they felt like dragon was to OP. They even nerfed Steel too because even IT was so defensively OP. Now what they DIDN'T do was help Ice at ALL. Whoo, we get a single pokemon for all we know that turns Normal type moves into Ice type. That's it...

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
They actually do. They basically made Dragons kneel to the puny fairies because they felt like dragon was to OP. They even nerfed Steel too because even IT was so defensively OP. Now what they DIDN'T do was help Ice at ALL. Whoo, we get a single pokemon for all we know that turns Normal type moves into Ice type. That's it...
Very true the only reason to use Ice was to counter Dragons (who in themselves countered Ice with fire and rock moves) and the only ones they do efficiently counter are grass and no one use grass teams as they are tricky to use and don't have great abilities to complement their play style (chlorophyll doesn't help as one fire move will basically kill them and solarbeam sweepers don't really work)

The only Ice type that's even remotely useful is Abamasnow. And mostly just for its ability :/ Anyways, I'd like to point out that on the official site it confirms that Mega Garchomp isn't going to be all that great (Thank Arceus). It lowers speed which is already mediocre and since Mega Stone is required as a hold item, Choice Scarf Megachomp will never be a thing that decimates the entirety of teams (That don't have fairy on it :p) That's a relief at least...

EDIT: And Mega Blaziken is already in Uber tier I can tell you that much right now. Increased attack AND Speed Boost ability. They basically took Dream World Blaziken and did half of the work for you. The hell are they thinking? "Let's nerf the ENTIRETY of dragon and steel type pokemon, but let's set this FUCKING MONSTER loose so that there's now even LESS things that can possibly stop it. Yeah that'll fuck everything up"

Last edited: