• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

To be fair, Steel types got a trade-off with a resistance to fairy. If dragons are really going to be as neutered as you think, you still have that.

I'm the only one who's going to miss the sprites?

And Mega Blaziken is already in Uber tier I can tell you that much right now. Increased attack AND Speed Boost ability. They basically took Dream World Blaziken and did half of the work for you. The hell are they thinking? "Let's nerf the ENTIRETY of dragon and steel type pokemon, but let's set this FUCKING MONSTER loose so that there's now even LESS things that can possibly stop it. Yeah that'll fuck everything up"

Quoting Dormmamu: "BURN."

#POWEROFTHEPOWEROFTHEPOWEROFTHEPOWEROFTHEPOWEROFTHEPOWEROFTHEMEGASTONE

Reactions: juju_for_president
Nintendo 3DS - Pokémon X & Pokémon Y Television Commercial

The music for the commercial is awesome, but it's destroyed by the cheesy actors in it. I was hoping the Pokemon would hit them with special attacks.​

The music for the commercial is awesome, but it's destroyed by the cheesy actors in it. I was hoping the Pokemon would hit them with special attacks.​
It's not the actor's faults. How are you supposed to work with that writing?
It's like someone read Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech and said "This sounds like it would go GREAT with a pokemon commercial!"

Best rival theme, mediocre rival.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
It's not the actor's faults. How are you supposed to work with that writing?
It's like someone read Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech and said "This sounds like it would go GREAT with a pokemon commercial!"

They should of just had a narrator speaking and it would have done fine.

Last edited:
They should of just had a narrator speaking and it would of done fine.
I kinda like it. sort of makes me feel like its back in the 90s when pokemon was the shit and we had tons of live action stuff.

(remember that live action pokemon commercial with drake bell in it?)

Best rival theme, mediocre rival.

Borrowing a comment from a video of the original theme:

"xXBabyDee8194Xx 4 months ago

Hugh was born in the Johto region, at the 'Lake of Rage'.

His favorite snack is a RageCandyBar.

If Hugh was a Pokemon his moves would be:

Rage

Outrage

Dragon Rage

Rage Powder

No, I'm not sorry...."

ASPERITA RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Also, we all know who deserves a comeback.

Last edited:
Personally I want to know what other pokemon will be fairy type from previous generations. I hope Politoad does get slapped with it as it looks like it would be one who would receive it. Though it would be weak to Poison Steel Grass and Electric. Fire might have a fighting chance if people go full fairy moves on it (lol yeah right) and Politoad can already take on the 3 types fairies are good against anyway.

Also with Mega Pokemon I can see Magic strats being more buyable than what they are now

Man, that T-rex looks hype!
tyrantrum.png

So guys, I REALLY want to get a special edition Pokemon 3DSXL, with the Xerneas design, and I know it comes out on the 27th. My question here is: do you think they'll still have 'em in November? Its the only time where I can see me getting anything close to $200, but I'm wondering if they'll be sold out by then...

So guys, I REALLY want to get a special edition Pokemon 3DSXL, with the Xerneas design, and I know it comes out on the 27th. My question here is: do you think they'll still have 'em in November? Its the only time where I can see me getting anything close to $200, but I'm wondering if they'll be sold out by then...
Depends if they're "LImited Edition" or not.
If they flat out say Limited Edition, might wanna jump on that right now.
When they say "Limited Edition" they fucking mean that shit.

Depends if they're "LImited Edition" or not.
If they flat out say Limited Edition, might wanna jump on that right now.
When they say "Limited Edition" they fucking mean that shit.

Ah, craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. D:

Guess I'll just have to play X on a regular not appropriately desgined 3DSXL.

Aurorus is shaping up to be a pretty cool pokemon to me. I mean, an ability that makes Normal moves Ice type AND am ice move that's super effective on water? Super fuckin hype.

Also it's been confirmed that 6th generation pokemon won't have megalutions.

Aurorus is shaping up to be a pretty cool pokemon to me. I mean, an ability that makes Normal moves Ice type AND am ice move that's super effective on water? Super fuckin hype.

Also it's been confirmed that 6th generation pokemon won't have megalutions.

Trying so hard not to look this thing up and stare at its gloriousness.

Hyper Beam confirmed for new Ice Beam. Also, kinda figured they wouldn't do MegaEvos for 6th Gen. Seemed like a crapton of work. I'm just glad they gave Ampharos one. How many does this bring us to, by the way? About....650? We have a lot of Pokemanz runnin' around now, huh?

Eh, it's not exactly the coolest looking pokemon, but there's worse designs out there. Namely Garbodor and Vanillite. Anyways, it's pretty awesome mechanics-wise.

Lol no, it would be the new Blast Burn of the Ice variety. And no, we're currently at 649 so this'll take us to 750 or so :P That's a fucking lot of pokemon.

Oh right, for some reason I thought we were in the 500s right now, derp. Good luck to anyone who picks this up and says "I'm gonna actually catch 'em all!". I'll just stick with the ones that look cool/look tough/look majestic/are Fire type/are Typhlosion.

Well considering that I have all 649 pokemon at this very moment (No cheats, it's legit), getting another 100 or more isn't exactly going to be the hardest feat for me. And I could simply trade the ones I have now over once I'm done with the game and mwahaha! all the pokemons are mine!

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Seems like I'm 11 pages late on posting on this forum... *awkwardly dances into the room to tell a story*

I've been playing Pokemon my whole life and will continue to play if they keep making the games.
I got big in to competitive when I was really young with Toys R Us tournaments, and then I kinda fell off. Came back in to competitive with Diamond and Pearl I believe, then fell off again with Black and White. I'm hoping to get back into it with X and Y, but the learning curve is going to be huge. This whole new generation, plus how mega evolutions will work; figuring out who to mega evolve in battle because all the past generation final forms of Pokemon have a mega evolution. Lets just say, like a camping trip, it's gunna be in tents.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. *awkwardly dances out of the room*

Seems like I'm 11 pages late on posting on this forum... *awkwardly dances into the room to tell a story*

I've been playing Pokemon my whole life and will continue to play if they keep making the games.
I got big in to competitive when I was really young with Toys R Us tournaments, and then I kinda fell off. Came back in to competitive with Diamond and Pearl I believe, then fell off again with Black and White. I'm hoping to get back into it with X and Y, but the learning curve is going to be huge. This whole new generation, plus how mega evolutions will work; figuring out who to mega evolve in battle because all the past generation final forms of Pokemon have a mega evolution. Lets just say, like a camping trip, it's gunna be in tents.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. *awkwardly dances out of the room*

That was quite the tail, sir.

Evolite why have I not noticed how great you are with Lombre, it's almost like a case of Slowbro and Slowking compassion except pure defense to defense/some attack

Yeah Eviolite is the reason why Chansey outclasses Blissey now :P Chansey can take a special attack like it's literally nothing because of it. Which is why Shuckle needs an evolution.

Yeah Eviolite is the reason why Chansey outclasses Blissey now :P Chansey can take a special attack like it's literally nothing because of it. Which is why Shuckle needs an evolution.
no no no no, your thinking to narrow minded-ly it needs a pre-evolution that then outclasses him.

That's dumb. A pre-evolution of Shuckle would have EVEN WORSE health. I'm thinking like Base 5 health. Good luck tanking with a max HP of 20.

In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you can earn “Poké Miles” within certain parts of the game, reports Serebii.net. Poké Miles are used in the PokéMileage Club to play attractions and receive items at the Pokémon Global Link website.

These items can then be sent back to the two Nintendo 3DS games; however, there is another way to earn these items as well. Dream Points in the Pokémon Global Link can be converted to Poké Miles as well, and the amount you get varies, depending on which of the Pokémon RPGs you own.

More details can be found over at Serebii.net. Something else to note is that the Pokémon Global Link for the Gen 5 games (Black/White, Black 2/White 2) will be closing soon, with January 14th, 2014 set as the closing date.​

So the last Pokemon games I played were I think fire red and leaf green

I just preordered Pokemon X a while a go.

So from someone that has not played Pokemon in a while, should I be afraid? I mean I saw the stream on the worldwide championship and those kids really came up with strategies that I didn't knew they exist in Pokemon!

Finished Yellow, Gold and Crystal a few times. Later there were too many pokemons for me. :P

Nidoking will always be my favourite anyway. If I'll ever have to choose a version from the new ones, I'll get the one that allows me to catch a male Nidoran. :P

So the last Pokemon games I played were I think fire red and leaf green

I just preordered Pokemon X a while a go.

So from someone that has not played Pokemon in a while, should I be afraid? I mean I saw the stream on the worldwide championship and those kids really came up with strategies that I didn't knew they exist in Pokemon!
You shouldn't be that afraid the core game is basically the same, the only time you really need use strategies is for certain pokemon or competitively (post game counts as this also [at least in black 2 and white 2])

Reactions: Anbec7
What about the online battles?

How exactly do they work?

They tend to be brutal with the occasional easy match basically be prepared to lose a lot, but be prepared to learn also.

They tend to be brutal with the occasional easy match basically be prepared to lose a lot, but be prepared to learn also.
Hardcore Pokemon trainers huh?

I'll try to survive then

Yeah you're going to get your ass handed to you online. It's as simple as that :P People are REALLY good at pokemon breeding and training their pokemon perfectly to fit into well-devised teams that usually sweep teams that aren't specifically made to counter it.

But then there's the occasional person online who is like YOU and is totally unprepared and such.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS I LOVE POKEBEACH!

New leaks are out and I won't spoil it for others, but I'm LOVING IT! HOT DAMN

But uhm let's say I wanna know how can I make my team stronger...

The history goes like this a group of my friends buyed the 3DS to play this between each other (we often play fighting games but looks like Pokemon is next)

I know I'm gonna lose regularly but is there like.. a good guide to start?

Read up on Smogon. Go through the site (Namely the Pokemon and Tier section) and read up on a few pokemon and their strategies. First thing to know though is the type chart and which pokemon are good against most others. But here's a few general rules of thumb:

Scizor's awesome in every way
Poison type sucks (unless on Gengar)
Forretress is amazing defensively
Blissey pretty much absorbs special attacks
Heavy hitters do better with Choice Items
Garchomp is fucking broken
Put Leftovers on everything
Stealth Rock is your friend
Sleep really pisses people off

And those are just a few suggestions for being even slightly better.