• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

So I played Y again and I reminded myself why I stopped.

So I played Y again and I reminded myself why I stopped.
Is it because of the practically nonexistent after game content or something else?

I was making a joke about a con that was made specifically for tumblr users, y'know, since this all started with something on tumblr. I was just making a reference to it is all. calm down please.

but dash con is comedy gold.

Is it because of the practically nonexistent after game content or something else?
There ya go.

I've actually been thinking of skipping X & Y so I can save my money for ORAS.
Also a little advice that everyone can follow, telling someone to calm down is one of the stupidest things you can do.

Reactions: Rellek
Also a little advice that everyone can follow, telling someone to calm down is one of the stupidest things you can do.
Here, let me put some water of this grease fire on the stove.

Yea, skip X and Y. They're really over rated, it's a fun game until you beat it. There's only about 3 legendaries you can catch post game.

I don't know about skipping X or Y. I have this nagging feeling that something incomprehensibly stupid will happen where Gamefreak decides to have only new mega stones in ORAS.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that, but they gave a flying type pokemon the ability levitate so...

I say pick up X or Y if you can find it cheap. I know plenty of people who like and don't like it, and I feel the majority of people who have played it liked it.

but if you want to pick it up after ORAS then that's cool too.

I say pick up X or Y if you can find it cheap. I know plenty of people who like and don't like it, and I feel the majority of people who have played it liked it.

but if you want to pick it up after ORAS then that's cool too.
Everyone's always nagging at how there's no post-game content. I agree, but Pokemon is one of those games where YOU make half the fun. There's breeding, catching 'em all, berry farming(one of my favs <3), battling friends and plenty of other things. I am constantly finding ways to improve my team and that's where I get my fun.

The pokemon aren't as cool in gen 6 as say gen 5 but it's cool enough to have one on the team.

I don't know about skipping X or Y. I have this nagging feeling that something incomprehensibly stupid will happen where Gamefreak decides to have only new mega stones in ORAS.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that, but they gave a flying type pokemon the ability levitate so...
Is that Mega Salamence? If so then you can PROBABLY assume that he gave up the flying type and gained Fairy. duh.(Good god that would be broken...)

Is that Mega Salamence? If so then you can PROBABLY assume that he gave up the flying type and gained Fairy. duh.(Good god that would be broken...)

Nope, Mega Salamence has Aerilate and is still Dragon/Flying.

I want ask something

WHY THERE DONT CHANGE SOME MOVE NAMES LIKE THUNDER!!!

Thunder_V.png

THUNDER!!

because it's not really necessary unless the move name was grammatically incorrect like High Jump Kick formerly being HiJumpKick

Why should they? Thunder only occurs when lightning strikes, that’s exactly what this move demonstrates.

Why should they? Thunder only occurs when lightning strikes, that’s exactly what this move demonstrates.
Thunder is the sound when the lightning strike..

Thunder is the sound when the lightning strike..

Uh... yeah? So what? No thunder without lightning, that’s what I tried to say. Don’t know why it bothers you so much.

@Denizen

Pros of getting X and Y:
  • Get familiar with Gen 6 mechanics that will be put into ORAS.
  • Trade or battle some other people on here.
  • The game gives you three starters (two Gen 6 and a Gen 1).
  • Breeding is much easier.
  • Shiny catching is ever so slightly easier.
  • Hawlucha
Cons of getting X and Y:
  • Might keep you from affording both OR and AS.
  • No end game (though with ORAS coming out in a few months, this doesn't matter too much).
  • Not part of the Gen 3 master race.
  • Team Flare is the worst team you will ever see.
  • Very easy game. No challenge at all.
  • Not ORAS.

Reactions: Denizen
  • Team Flare is the worst team you will ever see.
Except Lysandre (IMO).
But I must say I was dissapointed on the Champion. I mean:
Gen 1: Your rival is the champ.
Gen 2: Lance is badass and you and him stopped team rocket together.
Gen 3: Steven is awsome (and will probably be more awsome in ORAS).
Gen 4: Chyntia, do I need to say more?
Gen 5: Alder wander around the region and want/need to help you against team plasma.
Diantha was just soo, I dunno. A nobody? She was rarely in the story and you barely met together. The only good thing I can come up with is her music theme is awsome and she traded away a Ralts with a mega stone to you. And the challange in this game is low (thanks to exp share I think), but she has the higest leveld team of all champions if you don't count after credit Alder.

But I really like the Locker story in X & Y (Can be played after you beat E4).
And yes, the post game is very weak. But if you really like competive playing pokémon, this game you should pick. I wasn't that into competive playing untill this game came.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ktulu
Dianthe was disappointing and very easy. Cynthia is the best fight, in my opinion. Steven Stone is Steven Stone.

Reactions: +5 Necromancer
btw I just remembered, why does the E4 only have 4 pokémons (exept Dianthe)?
Even after you beat the game they only have 4.

Because they're scrubs.

Because they took the 4 part of Elite 4 too seriously

Speaking of shinies...

200 Pumpkaboo in the box, still nothin'.

Just spread paint and glitter all over them and call it a day.

you know what else is a good reason to play X and Y? Fairy types. I am loving each and every one that has been confirmed and can't wait for more to come.

Then who is it?

There is no Mega-Pokémon with Levitate. I think Dr.Sanity just meant a regular Flying-Pokémon with Levitate. Which also doesn’t exist. So I have no idea what he was talking about.

He's talking about Rotom-F, an Electric/Flying type with Levitate. Since all the other Rotom forms have Levitate, I can kinda see why GF left it as is, but it's still silly and redundant.

He's talking about Rotom-F, an Electric/Flying type with Levitate. Since all the other Rotom forms have Levitate, I can kinda see why GF left it as is, but it's still silly and redundant.
Ah, I see. Even during gravity, would Levitate be effective? I know that using roost would take away the flying type and still be invulnerable to ground moves :O But still, yeah that's just silly. Like giving Delibird a hidden ability that does the EXACT SAME THING as one of it's normal abilities. For real GF? REALLY?

I don't think roost makes flying types vulnerable to ground.

Roost makes flying types lose their flying type, so they can get hit by ground moves. But if they have Levitate, that still protects them, even after using roost.

Gravity makes both flying types and Levitate-users vulnerable to ground moves.

Roost makes flying types lose their flying type, so they can get hit by ground moves. But if they have Levitate, that still protects them, even after using roost.

Gravity makes both flying types and Levitate-users vulnerable to ground moves.
ah, I didn't know it changed the type of pokemon for a turn.

I've always found it strange that even after 6 Generations, we only have a single mono-Flying type. If Tornadus could learn Roost, he would be the only Poke capable of becoming type-less momentarily.

I've always found it strange that even after 6 Generations, we only have a single mono-Flying type. If Tornadus could learn Roost, he would be the only Poke capable of becoming type-less momentarily.

What do you mean momentarily? Do you mean the moment when the flying type is exchanged for a normal type?

And to be hardcore specific, there’s also Arceus for mono flying types.

What do you mean momentarily? Do you mean the moment when the flying type is exchanged for a normal type?
Roost used to work like that, but in Gen 6 the Pokemon is now treated as ?? Type for the turn after Roost, but only if it is Mono-Flying.