• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POKKEN

yeah we call that Sinnoh

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Although unless Pokemon Z doesn't improve Kalos a lot, that might change...

yeah we call that Sinnoh
I really liked the Sinnoh games...
It gave the universe some lore to make it interesting, had some of the best pokemon designs imo, had some good characters as far as Pokemon games go, and it had some very memorable points.
X/Y is definitely the low point of the series for me, for various reasons. Those games scream "meh".

I'm able to appreciate the lore bits of Sinnoh and I can't lie when I say that I unironically love Arceus
plus it gave us one of the better Champs in the series with Cynthia's vicious battle in D/P
but sinnoh itself is a really lackluster region with an awful distribution of mons and the infamous "too many caves" issue that plagued it like water plagued hoenn
platinum at least tried to make up for those mistakes but Sinnoh's inherent flaws were just too strong
but i digress

My problem with sinnoh is just how slow the text, and the menu navigation, and the battle animations are.

Pokemon Platinum has one of the better campaigns i played, or at least it would have if it wasn't for those problems.

My favorite pokemon game until now is Black/White 2, it solves the problem of i not liking much of gen V designs (there is some really cool stuff, but i don't like some of the options), by having pokemons from other gens, it solves the grinding problem really well with the pokemon breeders, and also features an excellent campaign overall.

But i can say that i love every pokemon generation, with the exception of VI, X and Y, ORAS, because i didn't play those yet (if only i had a job).

I have favorite pokemons in every generation, and while i don't like gen 3 that much, my favorite pokemon is from there. =D

I never realised Sinnoh had too many caves.

I must have removed all those Geodudes.

Overally though mons' designs in Sinnoh were cool and the lore something different.
Also Dialga is best time traveler.

Gen IV is my favorite because of the metagame (I played competitive pokemon for a while). Story wise Black/White are the best games (nothing beats that scene before the battle with N when he summons Reshiram/Zekrom). Design wise, I think the pokemons of gen 5 are the best (but I'm nostalgic enough to like 1st gen too).

Now I see here the pokemon topic are found moved in this forum :P

Last edited:
Console version will require P1 to use the Gamepad while P2 uses a different controller. Obviously two Gamepads aren't an option, but why the fuck can't both players just use a different controller? How are tournaments supposed to handle who uses what? Looks like a game with "Tournament" in the name will actually be impossible for tournaments to run I guess.

Sigh, I've always dreamed of seeing a Pokemon fighting game but everything about Pokken just looks like a horrible trainwreck to me. It's like my wish got granted by one of those asshole genies.

The only real setup I can think of is Frankensteining the Gamepad to display on a second screen and wiring another controller through it. Of course, that's way too impractical for any level of tournament play.

just like Pokken

It feels like they are trying to do everything they could possibly do to make this game uncompetitive. First having to use a specific controller in arcades, and now this. I really wonder who would think this is a good idea.

I really wonder who would think this is a good idea.
Nintendo, I'd imagine.

...they can't be fucking serious.

Who the fuck is in charge of making decisions like these? Do devs there hate the game so much they want to see it fail so hard? Almost every time they make a pokemon game for a non-portable console it has to suck in some way. Why not just wait for the NNX or NX or whatever it's called to be announced and port it to that then? What the fuck Nintendo.

i blame Bandai Namco
i like blaming Bandai Namco

also
L4Io0fp.png

no nintendo on this one
blame Namco and Pokemon Company

Last edited:
As incredibly awkward as this seems, I dont think there's any other way it can play out.

Splitscreen is impossible with free roam mode active, and both players need to hog the camera like crazy due to how the game works, kind of like Splatoon. The only hope is that there is some sort of LAN feature for competitive play, or whatever Splatoon is doing for compeitive matches.

While separate cameras is a neat feature to have, I don't see why it should be required. Neither Tekken nor Naruto ever needed it. The game should still be fully playable without it.

Have you SEEN Tekken?

Tekken ALWAYS has the camera between the two fighters. POKKEN's Camera is always third person and behind them, so they can dodge incoming attacks and the like. As for Naruto, I highly doubt player 2 wants to be controlling from that far away and then have to deal with phase shifting and becomes a big convoluted mess

Hmm...Well it depends on how they do controls on the gamepad. Playing TT2 on the gamepad never felt THAT bad tbh. The way I see it, if they can make the controls function and be customizable enough to the tablet, it should work. Yes it'll mean ppl are more limited like they are in MKX for controllers, but as long as you know how to play it on the gamepad well enough, you're golden. It's just up to Bandai to make it function super well on the gamepad.

blame Namco and Pokemon Company
I'll blame Namco because I'm still mad about Soul Calibur.

Reactions: Ruin
We got another reveal coming next week. Name of the Pokemon has “ラ” (ra) in it.

CYKhrtVU0AAqwoB.png:large

It's Swampert. Japanese name Raguraaji, finishes the Hoenn starter trio, and this teaser has an blue and orange color scheme just like the Sceptile teaser had green and red.

I can't wait for more disappointment from the Pokken roster.

Well Sceptile was ok given his moveset and form but wow how about being more obvious? You have a whole 700+ roster of possible characters, you say you could even implement non-humanoid pokemon and you come out with this?

It's not rage-inducing disappointing, but still disappointing.

Is there anything about this game that hasn't been disappointing? The first trailer had me so hyped and then everything has been way downhill since. When's rock bottom?

Is there anything about this game that hasn't been disappointing? The first trailer had me so hyped and then everything has been way downhill since. When's rock bottom?
When's Metapod

Reactions: jam1220
Gameplay looks fun, gardevoir is in. That is all i asked and i got it day 1.

The only thing i didn't like was the controller thing, but hey, i play alone, so is not affecting me.

One disappointment of mine is that, since it's made by the people who made Tekken, no one thought of putting in Ditto, making him like Mokujin.

Last edited:
Reactions: missingno
Ditto could be like a big blob that kinda works like a morphing polygon fighter from Smash Bros. Or just the random button everyone suggests.

I can't speak for anyone else but I like what I've seen. My two favorite were shown to be playable day one and aside from a split second frown at pikachu libre (i.e. before I saw gameplay) I've enjoyed all I saw, though I wish supers did a little less damage.

I can't say it's a day one buy as I'm low on cash, but it's a year one buy.

I don't really understand that. Is Braixen significantly more popular in Japan, or something?

Braixen has been more popular than its evolution since they were shown.

Braixen also has that neat stick twirl animation.

I don't really understand that. Is Braixen significantly more popular in Japan, or something?
Yes, and the fat that Delphox has a fur robe which kind of stuntss movement for animation purposes. Gard has a dress, but its very floaty to make up for it

Pokken's roster continuing to look like shit, I mean wow.

i feel nothing anymore tbh
just a pure void of apathy
like so
YuFJJ.png

This is fine. Garchomp is a badass dragon-shark, I see no problems with its inclusion. I've not played Gen 6 so Braixen does little for me, but a witch-like fighting style will probably be at least somewhat interesting? And Mewtwo was fuckin' obvious, come on now.