• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POKKEN

MebGCcr.gif

"O wind, undefiled, embrace those who would be our enemies! Innocent Shine!"

I have to admit, it looks really fun.
I'm hoping at for at least one of my favorite pokemon though. Either Arcanine, Typhlosion or even Buizel (Don't like Floatzel)
i will be the best lucario

Will possible Snorlax get a Bob alt or nah

I hope that this game doesn't become any like those filthy single button naruto games geez

Aside from that
Where's mah Gengar

Reactions: dead
It's got four buttons so you don't have to worry about that.

D-pad: Move and alter attacks
B: Jump
A: "Pokemon Technique"
X: Weak
Y: Strong
R: Guard
L: Support

Reactions: Eetrexx
It's got four buttons so you don't have to worry about that.

D-pad: Move and alter attacks
B: Jump
A: "Pokemon Technique"
X: Weak
Y: Strong
R: Guard
L: Support
found a nice photo of the remote:
pokken1155.jpg

Wtf? this on an Arcade Cab?

You think casuals or Pokemon players play on cabs?

I'm super disappointed that it plays like the naruto games instead of a traditional 3D fighter.

It is going to take some convincing for me to believe it can be salvaged into anything competitive/fun for more than a couple of hours from here.

Reactions: dead
Hey. Smash isn't your traditional 2D fighter, either.

No it isn't, but movement is fun and the the system allows for a nice offensive/defensive dynamic. I gave the Naruto games a chance, trust me I really did. Even knew a few people who wanted to take it seriously, but it just doesn't work, the style of game really just lends itself to positional play and not much more.

Pokken could be amazing but I'm not seeing it in the footage yet, it would have to be pretty different to how I'm expecting to hold my interest long.

I wonder what the Pokken EVO 2025 Champ will think about this conversation

I will defend the Ninja Storm games to the hilt. They're fun and pretty fucking deep. As long as the combos in Pokken aren't just BBBBB and something more like DMC or Bayonetta, then we have a winner on our hands.

i just wanna punch things as a golem
8000% honest here I'd prefer PokeMusou but if Pokken turns out well then it'll have to do

i just wanna punch things as a golem
8000% honest here I'd prefer PokeMusou but if Pokken turns out well then it'll have to do

Why Punch? Golurk can turn into a cannon

golurk_cannon_form_by_vinmoawalt-d7nl1w4.png

Reactions: SanoBaron
well, machamp got a lariat. now we wait 10 years until someone mods this game to give the creature a red underwear

Mega evolutions are going to be a thing right? Right?
We....saw Mega evolutions the day it was announced :I

The future is now!
(awesome image)
Not gonna lie, these are 2 of my favorite characters.

Nintendo NEEDS to make this a thing.

Screw shinies, this is the real deal

Pokken looks pretty nice so far! I might actually get it!

...so, playable Empoleon when? (or Piplup assist, it is my fave poke after all :D)

Frogadier? Greninja deconfirmed?

Ooooh, a new stage though by the looks of it.

If Eevee deconfirms any of the Eeveelutions I'll be kinda stressed

Is that thing on the bottom right a throw/block/attack RPS thing or something, because it looks it.

Agreed. I wanna play my Flareon!

edit: Watching the gif above with Gard again, they need to add in a timer stop.. that super took freaking 10 seconds!

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Oh hey, I totally played this at a location test. Here's scans of the system guide they gave out to everyone:

RFWrp7m.png

XSieLlU.png

CAT_DRUGS and I gave a recap of the test on Nintendo World Report's Famicast: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/39559/episode-49-poketion-test

It's a weird game. Changes between Naruto style full motion 3D combat at long range and then Tekken style 2D/3D combat at short range.

EDIT: Oh, woops. Someone already posted scans.

Is that thing on the bottom right a throw/block/attack RPS thing or something, because it looks it.
What that means is that regular jabs beat throws. Throws beat focus attack. Focus attack beats jabs.

It's not an actual RPS thing, some types of attacks just beat others like regular fighters.

Reactions: EA575
Wait a minute. What does all the buttons acctually do? Is there only one real punch button (like the Naruto games) or what?

Two punch buttons (X and Y), a button to jump, a button to do specials, a guard button, and an assist button.

why play this when you can just play tekken 27 instead? It has yoshi.

forgive me yoshimitsu...forgive me

yoshi is a pokemone right?

Primal Dialga should be a bonus boss, with his epic theme being remastered for this game, and if you beat him you unlock Duskinoir, a shiny Celebi and Grovyle as playable fighters. His stage should be Temporal Tower, and he can both deal damage and heal himself with Roar of Time.