• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

RWBY

Doesn't Monty Oum have a dream of making a fighting game?
because I can say right now I'd play a RWBY fighting game.
I dunno, it looks like it'd be a game with a bunch of Hokuto no Basketball infinites. Granted, I could enjoy dribbling Weiss for a few games.

Reactions: FenrirHades
"20. Blake and Yang were the very first planned partners in RWBY"
heheheheheheheheheheheeh

It's Volume 2 of Season 1
Thought it was great, I need more Neo in my life
Wow, really?
So, season 2 hasn't come out yet?
Cool.

I agree.
This season was great.

"
38. There is something legitimately special about zwei that’ll be elaborated on."
Oh yeah baby
Where is this from?

S2 just felt like more buildup for S3.

Those three antagonists still infiltrating the school, more government power present, introducing a bunch of new characters that could use more screentime, Roman has that "all according to plan" face when captured by government, the competition still in horizon, Adam coming back, etc

It had better fight choreography then S1 [RWBY vs Roman on Mecha was great] and the voice acting as improved with more experience, but there hasn't much that S2 accomplished besides more buildup.
Think the things covered was the catgirl getting over her angst, Weiss relationship with Neptune, Joan recognizing Pyrrha, and knowing that Ruby has is the only one in the team that has a clear goal.
There is many gif worthy moments though.

tumblr_nbr8gi41hY1qjcq11o1_500.gif

"One of the missions on the mission board is a hint at a future arc that was supposed to be this season"
Cool.

It's Volume 2 of Season 1
Thought it was great, I need more Neo in my life
Actually, Monty disbanded the whole volume thing since they realized that this season would have to be split in 2 as well, making the 1st 3 seasons 1 volume, and thats just confusing.

Holy shit hope the guy manages to pull through. Makes me smile to see people raised over 100k within 8 hours when they only asked for 50k.

I just saw this on another forum I goto.. It hit me pretty hard, as Monty was the one who inspired me to animate in 3D... Fuck.. I hope he can pull through this...

Oh sweet, a rwby thread. But yes, shoutout to Monty and his family hopefully they can get through this well.

I'm just simply stunned.
Whenever an animator or creator passes away I feel sad.
This is no exception.

We're never going to get someone as talented and creative as Monty in the field of 3D Animation again.
It's leaving a hole in our lives.
He'll really be missed.

Rest in Peace Monty, you were the fucking best.

I'm sad to hear about his passing, as well as being selfishly curious as to what will happen with RWBY at this point.

I'm sad to hear about his passing, as well as being selfishly curious as to what will happen with RWBY at this point.
I'm...actually really curious about that too.
When the author passes before a story is finished, that rightfully sends fans into a panic.
What makes this one especially painful is that RWBY was still so early in the story.
I imagine they'll either find some story notes he left behind and follow through with those.
....Or simply not continue the story out of respect for him.
Given he was the one that animated and choreographed it, I imagine it'll be the latter.

I'm...actually really curious about that too.
When the author passes before a story is finished, that rightfully sends fans into a panic.
What makes this one especially painful is that RWBY was still so early in the story.
I imagine they'll either find some story notes he left behind and follow through with those.
....Or simply not continue the story out of respect for him.
Given he was the one that animated and choreographed it, I imagine it'll be the latter.
Was he the only one working on the /entire/ project though? Because if there are other people that were working on the story, even if they were unable to finish the animated show itself, I'd love for them to publish the rest of the plot separately, so the fans would have closure.

Hopefully, that will be the case.
No matter how you look at it, authors passing before their stories can be finished (worse still if they don't have advanced plans on how they want it to end, George R.R. Martin at least has outlines) is the absolute worst case scenario.
There's a lot of ways it could go, probably none of it good.

Reactions: Era
Damn that just fucking sucks. I got to meet him at nycc last year and dude was really chill. Not to mention he was also a big Skullgirls fan. Man this really does suck.

On a note of RWBY tho Kerry and Miles have been laying down the storyboard and stuff for a couple of volumes ahead, but without Monty's attention to detail idk how well it'll pan out.

Man this really really does fucking suck.

Well this is depressing especially with the details around his death sounded like it came out of nowhere. Shame this guy was a really talented person. Even if RWBY does continue it won't be the same.

from my facebook:
Facebook said:
Oh no... no no no... this is terrible... I can't believe he's gone.

while I've never met him in person (hell I am now close enough to gotoRooster Teeth's HQ to visit), I couldn't travel.. Monty was someone who inspired me to start producing 3D animations. I've followed his works from Haloid all the way to the end of the Last episode of RWBY... I've looked up to him as insparation and someone I would love to reach his level of animation prowless.. But now... he's left us..

Time to step up my game, and animate in his honor. May you rest in peace, my dear friend, and I and everyone else will never forget your legacy that you have left behind...

Reactions: Jutsei
I wanna do something.
I wanna work more on my own personal projects in honor of Monty.
He was someone that I know would encourage me to see these ideas of mine out.
And I want to do that. Something that he would encourage anyone with an idea and a dream to do.

Same.. starting wendsday I'm going to start going into overdrive and work on the projects I've been sitting on for so long..

"I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve. It may not be immediate, and often your greater dreams is something you will not achieve within your own lifetime. The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death."

"Can you match my resolve?
If so then you will succeed”

.... God speed man...

.... God speed man...
That actually made me feel real motivated. Shame he passed so young.