• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

RWBY

It should be Yang vs Tifa, I don't really see many other good decisions apart from Sakura from Street Fighter and a couple of others.

They just announced it today that it is indeed Tifa Lockheart vs. Yang Xiao Long for the next Deathbattle.

Who do you think will win?

I'm not really versed in FF lore, but I know Tifa has Materia in her snatch or something

Tifa, I love you baby, but you're getting your face pushed in.

Hell, she got her has WHOOPED in Dead Fantasy. Even worse was her materia was stolen and used against her in that fight XD
Edit: Oh was Episode 3.
Gonna leave 5 here cause it was bad ass too =3

She maybe a brawler, but She's got nothing on Dust and Aura, and Yang's Symbolance (keep forgetting how that's spelled..), and her shotgun like gauntlets.

Only thing I'm worried about is if they bring in Summon Materia. Shiva, Bahamut? Yang prob wouldn't last long with the Summoned Monsters..

I have a feeling Tifa might win.
In Cloud Vs Link, Cloud lost mainly due to no summons, but I think it's because Link has the knowledge of about 11 other swordsmen.
I think Yang will lose because ScrewAttack has to appease the rabid FF fans.
But on Tifa's part, didn't she help Cloud defeat Neo-Bahamut or something?

By throwing him really hard. Cloud did the rest honestly.

Also, you have to remember, Tifa, while having the strength, doesn't have enough. She has to rely on her Materia if they bring her in with it (which I bet they will as Yang uses Dust powered weapons). Tifa stood up to a Sephiroth level foe, and while she may of beat the snot out of him, she didn't honestly do any damage to him, and he was far faster than she was. Getting in on her before she could react for a knock out blow. Yang is going to be almost a Sephiroth level with her speed and strength. Specially more so with Strength as when she takes damage, she gets stronger and faster

edit: Oh yeah. And Tifa has to get through Yang's Aura before she even does any real damage to her, since they've stated Aura can be just like a force field..

Last edited:
I dunno. I haven't played FF7 or Dissidia.
TIfa's probably going to win to make the FF fans happy, like Batman vs Captain America.

Tifa from FF7 just has a few "super" moves, but besides that, she's an ordinary (yet strong) boxing female. untill you equip her with Materia, which then she can cast magic. In dissidia, she's basically the same. Strong but with a limited boxing moveset.

In the film she fights a Sephiroth clone (forgot the dude's name honestly). He wasn't at the full strength of Sephy, he also didn't completely loose. Tifa bested him in physical combat and slammed him into the ground. She didn't use any Materia, but some of her Limit Breaks. But a moment later he busts out of the rubble unscathed, quickly (blink of an eye quickly) got behind Tifa and knocked her out in a single move.

Out side of that, Dissidia she didn't fight outside of any actual matches and I don't remember much about FF7 anymore... She didn't do much combat outside of normal fights either as she's more of a gentle soul who'd rather not fight

... Yang might have that advantage over her too as she loves combat... Oh god.. I hope they don't trim any of Yang's Hair D= that'll get messy

I've seen a lot of people saying that Tifa will stomp if she's allowed materia, saying it's more powerful and versatile than Yang's dust or aura.
But I'm not super familiar with either series so I can't say for myself 0:

Because,
people were saying Yang's got it cut and dry,
and I wanted to introduce contesting opinions into the mix.

Crap! I can't watch the video x,x Not cause of bandwidth this time, they used a 1080p video, which doesn't run on my laptop

Speaking of Volume 3, and I don't know if I've said this before, but when I was at Supanova Sydney, I was talking with one of the RTX AU guys, he told me that Monty had written an overarching plot with major events detailed, and with the smaller things as notes or something. .

Also, the dude I was talking to told me about Volume 3 a few days before it was announced.

Yeah. It was said Monty had almost 7 years worth of content for the show (prob not counting production time). I still hope the team has all the notes.. and I hope they can live up to the legend that Monty's started. Not saying I won't watch RWBY anymore as the story is too good, just be sad to see it struggle a bit without it's "papa"

About the DB it depends how they handle it. If it's gonna be another Cloud vs Link situation where Cloud was nerfed because of DB rules then it might not be a complete stomp. Nice that fight will be 3D and Yang's VA is gonna be in it.

Likely reason why they pushed for a RWBY fight this early is to promote the soon-to-be-released next volume hence RT's involvement on this episode. Kind of wish they waited at least until after the tournament stuff is done. Would show more feats for Yang. Also not sure if RT told DB staff about any stuff Yang could get/experience in new volume and if that will apply to her fight.

Yeah, yang is missing quite of bit of stats, even though she's already pretty strong statistically. And the Tourney might show off more of her latent powers or even some stuff that DB might not know.. so really hoping they get some info about Yang that we don't have (but keeping it spoiler free)

(Not really) Speaking of Yang's stats, do her gauntlets fire actual shotgun shells or just concussive rounds like you'd see in a riot shotgun? Because if it were the former, 90% of opponents would've had their faces blown off 3 seconds into the fight.

Can't watch it again, internet is messed.
wiki said:
Ember Celica appear as bracelets at first, but when activated, they cover Yang's hands and forearms gauntlets, acting as arm guards. The gauntlets have a golden color and the shells inside are red and orange.

Inside there are chambers that holster a magazine consisting of 12 shells, giving 24 shots in total when both gauntlets are fully loaded. A silver-ish gray barrel is concealed in the front of the gauntlet, aligned between the knuckles of the index and middle finger.

The gauntlets' offensive function seems to be rooted in creating pulses of raw kinetic energy. They emit flashes of light resembling explosions or flames, and are capable of knocking enemies back great distances. However, they either have no solid projectiles, or the projectiles explode in contact with another surface.

The red shells probably explode on contact, as seen when Melanie Malachite slices a shell in half, causing both halves to hit the floor in two separate explosions. This is further supported by the fact that enemies are knocked back, but lack exit or entrance wounds that would be characteristic of being shot with a solid object. Of course, the lack of injuries could also be due to the use of Aura.

They also appear to be incredibly powerful, as a single punch from Yang knocked an entire dance floor outwards in a wave-like quake movement, knocking multiple foes off their feet with ease.
there ya go

edit: reading more on her (cause INFORMATION IS TOO ADDICTIVE!! D=) and this line stuck out to me:
It is notable that she was able to perform this feat following just two hits from the Paladin and appeared to be uninjured after the fight itself; the limits to her Semblance, and what the extent of her power would be if she were to actually be injured, are as yet unknown.
Which shows that even with her not even being phased and has 2 blows, she easily over powered a mech that was causing the whole team trouble.. Wonder what full limit to her Semblance really is..

Last edited:
So back from NYCC and went to the RWBY panel Thursday. Just got home and yea...they had the whole fight scene from that tournament match. It gets kinda over the top crazyness. Good things to come.

Yea it's basically Monty level epicness. I want to avoid spoilers because I feel that would rob the experience, but lets just say it had the whole crowd hyped.

What about the chick who looked like an ice cream cone who worked for Torchwick?

I remember she kicked everyone's ass.

What about the chick who looked like an ice cream cone who worked for Torchwick?

I remember she kicked everyone's ass.
Same person as the one above you is refering to

Back