• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

RWBY

RT making a RWBY video game announced

Press Release:
"Austin, TX--- Friday, July 4, 2014 --- Rooster Teeth Productions is thrilled to announce that the company is expanding its creative output by developing its first ever video game. Announced today during the RWBY Volume 2 premiere and panel at RTX, the annual gaming and Internet convention, Rooster Teeth is developing their own RWBY video game based on their award-winning anime web series of the same name.

"RWBY is a natural choice for us to focus on for our first in-house produced video game. Fans can expect that we will bring the same level of originality in action, comedy and design to the video game that has made the RWBY animated series such a hit. We're excited about expanding the RWBY universe, and also excited that this is a project that originated as a homegrown community endeavor," said Matt Hullum, Rooster Teeth CEO and Co-Founder.

The RWBY video game began as a playable demo presented to Rooster Teeth by community member Jordan Scott, a 19 year old video game development prodigy. The demo, which will be playable by RTX's more than 30,000 attendees in the Rooster Teeth Experience area of the RTX show floor, was so impressive that Rooster Teeth brought Jordan on to work with RWBY web series creator Monty Oum to develop a full game.

The RWBY video game will be a multi-player, team-based game featuring characters and environments from the hit RWBY web series. Players will play as Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang, using each character's magical powers and weapons against supernatural monsters and adversaries as they battle to save the world of Remnant."
I knew it was eventually gonna happen, but not this soon lol. Kind of hope they expand the playable characters outside team RWBY though.

It's also getting an official japanese dub iirc

christ alive that was something amazing

what a way to start the season, I tell you

"Justice will be swift, justice will be painful, and it will be delicious!!!!"

LOL!

Yeah this episode is very ripe with gif worthy moments.
tumblr_n98ua78APJ1rgko07o1_500.gif

Finally watched this. Visually it seems to be a big improvement over Season 1 in terms of lighting effects and them finally filling in all the NPCs in the background. The black silhouette thing was interesting, but it definitely looks better now that everyone is textured. Next thing I hope they address: The terrible paint splatter effects. They look pretty out of place whenever they appear.

Also, Nora continues to be badass. She had RWBY on the ropes all by herself.

The insane escalation of the food fight was really great too.

so basically everything in the trailer was from these 4 episodes

we're going blind now

So I watched all the episodes in one sitting.
I love this show.

Oh boy. I'll stick to my English voices, thank you.

Gonna laugh when someone inevitably says "Japanese voices are better because it's the authentic experience" or something along those lines. Oh wait that already happened in CR lol. That said Japanese voices will give me an excuse to marathon the past episodes.

I have to admit, the show has gotten a lot better in season 2(specifically writing, acting and non action scene animation). I've seen some unofficial japanese dubs and I have to say they're pretty good too. Looking forward to the official release.

The whole point of volume 1 was really just setting up people's backstory, the world, and who the major players were in the series. Everyone was complaining about the pace but I knew this was a necessary step for setting up the future, so I saw it for what it was. I personally love the series and hope it continues for a long time.

I've heard that some crap has been going down in RWBY, does anybody know what specifically?

All I specifically know is that the blonde girl used a laser pointer to attract the attention of the black haired girl, even though she's some sort of animal hybrid and hates being treated like an animal. But there's some other problem referring to romance I think?

People were mad?

People were mad?
Yes, actually, quite heated to be precise. I hear there's an unnecessary, cliche, out-of-the-blue, bland, and against-character-development love triangle arc that's starting?

quick question did you hear it from people that actually watch the show

All I heard was that people were mad because Blake and Yang weren't a thing.
Yea, I hate love triangles, too. But ehh, just have to let it run its course.

quick question did you hear it from people that actually watch the show
Yeah, a lot of them I saw discussed their viewings of the show before I saw them complaining about recent events.
But ehh, just have to let it run its course.
Actually I saw that argument tackled.

People are having issues with this Juane character arc thing. It seems to be mostly summarized here, which I believe also is where they tackled the issue with waiting it out.

what does one plotline have to do with gay shipping though

You do realize there's a difference between basic representation and gay shipping, right?

Reactions: Vesha Nya Jezebel
well i mean

Monty went said "yeah we got queer characters and stuff"
and people are basically crying that it isn't coming fast enough, as far as i can tell

People are naturally impatient. They want everything yesterday. Personally I find the whole love...pentagon? (think this is a bit beyond triangle at this point) something Monty wants to add to flesh out some of the other characters, to show they're not all interested in killing and combat and fighting and stuff. He's humanizing them, each one through different means. Love can't be one of them?

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
Love is for pussies

by which i mean exclusively for women
lesbian women

only lesbians are allowed to express love

that's the only exact situation in which love is acceptable

no other love is good and i hate love

Why can't people be patient. I'm gay and I wasn't upset at all with how everyone in the room was straight, it's really not that big of a deal.
It comes when it comes, at least he said it'd happen.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
I must say, this is my fav cartoon.

That samurai chick is rad as fuck
This week's episode was so great
This will likely be the episode I show people and say, if you don't like this, you probably won't like the series.

Reactions: FenrirHades