• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

still no too... there's no official date for this game here in the ocident.

the same goes for the movie

True. So I guess whichever comes first we can consider it to be his attitude.
I was under the impression that P5 and P4: DAN were coming in 2015 while P4A2: the great nerfing of Mitsuru and PQ were coming over here later this winter.

Hoping that the order doesn't change on those. Obviously I want P5 to be the best it can be and I'm just believing that the more time P4:DAN gets put into it, the longer my Vita will be on. Here's hoping for local wireless dancing showdowns.

Well, technically, P3 protag spoke in the English translated version of the Japanese trailer of PQ. albeit it was still the Japanese voice actor and not Yuri Lowenthall, it still was his first speaking role in a trailer targeted for American and other English speaking audiences.

take note that we also havent had an English translated version of the Japanese trailers for the movie from Atlus as well.

That's because the movies haven't even been confirmed for the West yet.

Pity. I want my Personas on motorcycles.

but we already have that.

468px-Hell_biker.jpg

AKA the lovechild of Kamen Rider and Ghost Rider.
Edit:
or just Skullrider if you prefer.

Last edited:
I think the front's based off of the Persona Compendium.

Persona 3: Midsummer Knight's Dream new trailer is out. Release is June 7th

Here is the previous trailer too.

1st movie goes on sale at May 14th I believe.

sorry for the double post but I am so glad that Ultimax will be released on the Xbox as well as PS3

Kanji's model looks so WRONG compared to the others...

Currently playing through both P3P and SMT: Nocturne.

Gotta say, the latter is pretty damn creepy from what I've played so far. Especially considering I came from P4G.

Not that I mind though.

Did you get to Matador yet

If not get Sukukaja. FAST.

I only got past Forneus so far. Not very far into the game at all I imagine.

I have heard nasty things about Matador however.

Oh yeah, you're early then.

Just remember to get Sukukaja, Sukunda, and Fog Breath as early as possible. Matador was basically put in the game as a way to teach beginners that agility/accuracy in this series is an actual stat they need to worry about.

you'll be surprised with the moral questions the game presents you

Oh yeah, you're early then.

Just remember to get Sukukaja, Sukunda, and Fog Breath as early as possible. Matador was basically put in the game as a way to teach beginners that agility/accuracy in this series is an actual stat they need to worry about.

That's one thing I love about the Persona games. They made buffs and debuffs actually USEFUL and almost necessary to win most boss fights. Sounds like the same applies to this game as well.

Last edited:
That's a MegaTen trademark: What's useless in other RPGs (Final Fantasy) is practically necessary for survival in a MegaTen game.

Another trademark? Some of the toughest bosses in RPG (maybe gaming in general) history, such as your Demi-Fiend when he shows up again in Digital Devil Saga.

Remember Yu's Deadly Rave in P4U2? Well, it turns out that its ending... isn't.

Dante what are you doing in my Shin Megami Tensei? Go back to your own games. >:(

Thank goodness for Dark Might. REALLY handy for the bosses in this game.

Dante persona of the Magician arcana when

Dante what are you doing in my Shin Megami Tensei? Go back to your own games. >:(

Thank goodness for Dark Might. REALLY handy for the bosses in this game.
Then you fight a boss with some kind of physical immunity and get super sad. that's how i was my first playthrough, though i used bright might i think.

Neither of those are Eikichi.

That's it.
I'm convinced.

Kanji, Ken, Koromaru, Teddie/Yosuke, and Yu for Team "I Totally Like Chicks!"

Also KanjiXYarn is canon now, deal with it.

And once again Koro has the best lines out of everyone.

Last edited:
Supposedly, Atlus and Index have new logos as a result of their split. However, I think the new logo bit is just an April Fools joke. I mean, it's currently April 1 in Japan, Atlus USA's websites all have the classic logo, some of Atlus Japan's websites (like the one for P4U) weren't updated with the new logo, and.. to be frank, Atlus's "new" logo looks like crap. Here are some comparison pics (spoilered for hugeness):

Old Atlus:
Atlus-Old-Logo-600x162.png

"New" Atlus:
Atlus-New-Logo-600x172.png

Index logos (old is on right, new is on left):
New-Old-Index-Logo.jpg

they really wanted to remove the "cuts" on it eh?

For those who dislike Akihiko's P4A design (this is fanmade, btw):

tumblr_n3hqyox56P1sx5qk0o1_400.jpg

Also, apparently, in PQ, Liz and Theo will act as a nurse and a smith, respectively (complete with newish outfit for Liz and finally explaining why Theo has the silly apron):

tumblr_n3ecg1VyIR1si48w3o1_400.jpg

Also also, battle system trailer for PQ:

If there were ever alt costumes past glasses, that would be really cool. Give all the P4 dudes, excluding Teddie, I guess, their drag outfits and give the ladies their swimsuits.

Oh man, those battle themes are so GOOD.

Also, err body wild carding up in this place. Though I'm sure that's not actually what the story is. Maybe Igor let's them all use different Personas for the short time they are in the labyrinth to help them get out. Either way, looks like 3 and 4 non main characters are getting a taste of the power of a P1/P2 character, Yu, and Minato (casts Red Wall to guard from incoming flamers).

Looking forward to having Yukiko coupled with Kaguya. Kaguya's UNBELIVEABLE range of magic attacks + Yukiko's miraculously dumb magic stat = ultimate magic weapon. Also Kanji with Chariot Personas? Oh man, this party's getting crazy.

*DMC 3 Dante swings in summoning Cereberus*
"Let's rock!"

Koromaru: "Arf?"

From what I heard the explanation is that the two wild card users caused some kind of resonance that affects their whole party. Which contradicts Aigis in Persona 4 Arena, but whatever. Just a wave of the hand used to justify some fun.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Oh okay. Good ol' Atlus has a story explanation for everything. Rational or not, this is gonna be a blast.