• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

i thought the stats were based on the personas you used...

so even Yukari using an Oni as a persona wuld have horrible magic stats

Well I mean yeah that rule would apply to the natural wild cards we've had till now.
Because they are blank slates that can do anything while people like Chie can hit hard af but can't magic for crap (like Tiz in Bravely Default can do pretty much anything whereas if your healer/support isn't him or Agnes, you're gonna have a hard time).

Now that everybody can change, hopefully they keep their natural stats (Yosuke/Koromaru and their speed, Yukiko/Yukari and their magic, Mitsuru and her...Marin Karin) so that you can put Personas on them that work well with what they are good at (Shinji/Oni would be tops).

Of course, if everyone is actually a blank slate and we just didn't know it until now because they could never change Personas then yes, it would work like you say.

BREAKING NEWS: The third episode of Persona Stalker Club, which will appear on April 25th, will contain exclusive gameplay footage of PQ and P4U2. People on Dustloop are assuming that this footage will include NEW CHARACTERS, as there is extremely blurry footage from the announcement trailer that nevertheless shows off moves that are currently not used by anyone in the cast (this includes a pink projectile attack that looks suspiciously similar to I-No's Force Break note projectile).

BREAKING NEWS: The third episode of Persona Stalker Club, which will appear on April 25th, will contain exclusive gameplay footage of PQ and P4U2. People on Dustloop are assuming that this footage will include NEW CHARACTERS, as there is extremely blurry footage from the announcement trailer that nevertheless shows off moves that are currently not used by anyone in the cast (this includes a pink projectile attack that looks suspiciously similar to I-No's Force Break note projectile).

0:35-0:42

These seconds

They are why I must eat more carrots

Other notes:

-The one on the left might be a Shadow version (if you look really hard you can see that dark blue aura they all have)
-It also has a Persona summoning like flash then a whip like object can be seen (RISE CONFIRMED)
-Kinda looks like its throwing out weird arcing projectiles (NVM RISE FUKUA CONFIRMED)

Last edited:
Junpei being Junpei was the one actually "hitting" on "beautiful lady" and if you or Akihiko is picked to go with "her" Junpei quickly vetoes that decision and demands to be selected instead.
That said, the movie could easily skip "operation babe hunt" and just head straight to the Aigis encounter.

Nah. He's just gonna be an unlockable character and is a key character in this story.

Trust me, he's adoorable enough for it.

Nah. He's just gonna be an unlockable character and is a key character in this story.

Trust me, he's adoorable enough for it.
Did you just...

Reactions: DDB
All I can say regarding this turn of events is... huh.

Hopefully, if this rumor is true, there will be DLC characters down the line like with BlazBlue.

So this is a rumor right?

Ken yeah that was always a safe bet considering he was the only missing available P3 party character besides the dog (who should be playable too, just make him similar to Hellsing Wolf Mode from BB), but Rise? Don't get me wrong I have nothing against her but she was never suited as a battle character (herself or persona). I probably wouldn't care as much if Ken, dog, Makoto, Adachi, Marie, and even Shinji (for whatever reason) got in before her.

In any case, just gonna wait for the big news to hit at 24th/25th before jumping to these conclusions.

Shinji could teach Kanji about badassery

And p3 main character has a lot of fans... If he enters with Messiah as his persona or full wildcard with 6 different personas, the DLC will sell more than the game itself

you sayin' Kanji aint badass?
seymour_coloring-hiimdaisy-pt-1-kanji.png

Can I just reiterate how awesome stripper fu would be on Rise? Just sayin'.

Fredfredburger I still think should be able to switch his weapons mid fight like Ammy.

Ken can be the game's Dhalsim (or Ileum) and just have dumb range with that spear that makes Mitsuru cry into her fur coat.

I caught the news on the rumor earlier this morning on SRK, and someone in the comments section pointed out a teaser video for the P4U2 update with gameplay footage that's heavily blurred. But closely inspecting it, what's going on in it doesn't seem to reflect any of the current cast: http://a.pomf.se/dqzwcn.web

New Persona Q videos are up. This time about battle mechanics.

So it seems this game's battle system is a mix of the Boost system from Etrian Odyssey and the One More! system we all know and love. That's good.

I had never though I would have wanted to play rise in a fighting game but no with the rumour of her being potentially playable I do now. It helps that Rise is my favourite girl in persona 4.

Well Aki kinda already has that covered.

I want her to have stripper fu her original concept fighting style before they changed her to a support role, that is whips and chains.

Inb4 Ghost Rider pallete

I haven't seen it yet but there is apparently a move list concept floating around somewhere that turns rise into Azrael from Blazblue, I haven't found it yet but I really want to find it.

Wait.
No, I'm a fucking dumbass.
People think she'd play like Azrael, because Azrael's Drive is hitting someone so hard, they get a weak point.
And if they get hit with that again, they flinch.

Back