• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Junpei_Iori_P4A_Full_Artwork.png

Who knows? We just know he does it. Hell, his seasons could be 0-20 and Yukari's sentai show could have gutter ratings for all I personally care (and probably the Shadow Operatives too), as long as they can fight.

Edit: "Junpei is a playable character in the sequel to Persona 4 Arena. He is a little league coach and part time member of the Shadow Operatives, but stumbled into Inaba during the P-1 Climax by chance due to missing his train stop."

Source: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Junpei_Iori

Missing his stop

Junpei are you fucking kidding me

On your way to a game and doing a pit stop to save the world and crap

Damnit

Last edited:
Patch notes for the upcoming P4U2 patch/update have appeared. Highlights include...

• All Out Attack C Finisher now always forces Fatal Counter, regardless of how many hits the preceding rush does.
  • Guard cancel rolls no longer have Fatal recovery, lasts for less time, and goes farther.
  • Shadow characters got a lot of buffs: more health than their normal versions, Awakening supers now only cost 50 SP like with Normal characters, halved costs for OMC and guard cancels during Berserk, and a completely invincible neutral Berserk (that doesn't have a super-like flash effect when used).
  • Yu's SB Shiden and SB Cross Slash have been nerfed damage-wise.
  • Chie's neutral A is positive on block again, and her neutral C 's range won't decrease if used while dashing.
  • Yukiko's Agis now explode twice if held down long enough, and her new as of P4U2 special has been nerfed damage-wise, especially if it starts a combo.
  • Kanji's air backdash goes farther, and his neutral B and crouching C are now special-cancellable, though SB chair super has taken a hit in damage.
  • Mitsuru can cancel the second half of any of her Bufulas into any Coup Droit.
  • Akihiko has a faster dash, his neutral C's range stays the same while dashing, his crouching C inflicts a longer silence and side-corrects if used from long range, Sonic Punch Fatal Counters, and Level 5 Cyclone Uppercut does more minimum damage.
  • Aigis's DP knockback is now techable, Radical Cannon no longer explodes on contact (instead, it explodes when the button's released), Orion now grabs grounded opponents, and SB Heavenly Spear's also taken a damage nerf.
  • Elizabeth has a crapton of buffs.
  • Labrys starts at green axe like in P4A, her D capture sphere thing now slopes downwards like the SB version and overall has less recovery time for Ariadne, and Breaking Wheel is invincible from the start of the move again.
  • Yukari's Feather Flip is now invincible on the way up, she can move after using Feather Shot (and B version causes Silence), and her A Hyper Feather Shot is faster.
  • Junpei's crouching C can chain into standing C, his crouching D, air 2D and bunt have less recovery, and Victory Cry's SP and HP regen now scales with runs (an increase in regenerated health and meter occurs every ten runs).
  • Sho's crouching D can be used to cancel his command dash, Senga and Shouga, Survival Knife is more visible, and his Awakening super does more minimum damage.
  • Pershona's C attacks have less recovery, his Survival Knife is also easier to see, and his command grabs lost the ability to Fatal Counter.
Please note that these aren't all of the changes in the patch.

All those shdaow character buffs sound hella good, which will probably make them more regularly used characters as opposed to the limited displays of them now.

I should probably get to play Persona 4...
Especially since I'm still waiting on a good PS Vita Bundle >_>

Blazblue CP first.

2C goes farther, Persona delay on 2D has decreased, Awakening A Maziodyne has less recovery in the air and has more untechable time on counter hit, A Mabufudyne has faster startup, D Magarudyne landing recovery has decreased, overall Magarudyne damage is higher (but not as high as it originally was), SB Awakening Magarudyne does slightly more damage and has increased untechable time, Thanatos now returns to Elizabeth after non-SB versions of Mragidyne, Randomizer/Debilitate recovery has decreased, and if someone is caught by it, Elizabeth is completely invincible until the move ends.

guys I just got up to shadow kanji in persona 4

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Just in case anyone's not clear I'm not talking personality. I love Shadow Kanji as a character.

I'm talking about SWIFT SRIKE SPAM LIGHTNING MOVE THAT ALWAYS HITS YOSUKE BARELY ANY HEALING METHODS HEAT RISER AND ALL THAT NONSENSE THAT MAKES ME WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT

guys I just got up to shadow kanji in persona 4

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

i imagined it'd end with a different letter

Reactions: DDB
Which is why I played vanilla Persona 4. I wanted some real difficulty.

But geez that was tough. Guess I didn't know what I was bargaining for.

SHADOW MITSUO IS ALSO GONNA BE FUN I HEARD.

At least in Nocturne the buff skills affect everyone from the start. I'd rather be Sukukaja-ing all day to fight Matador than fight that monstrosity again.

so is she gonna just fight by being a cute dancer or are they gonna actually do something cool with her

Aw yeh, Stripper-Fu. Rise vs. Chie for best made up fighting style.

I feel like it's either this or she'll fight with announcer (?) skills. Don't ask me how. If they made a lawyer into a fighter, anything possible.

You know what this means?

Shadow Rise.

Incoming song for Shadow Rise Combo Videos

This remix is pretty damn good.

Reactions: DDB
So this hopefully means Ken is in too, right?
What about Adachi?

Also, what's wrong with Individual Character Storylines?
We Blazblue guys gotta do the new Massive Story modes.

I guess I'd be okay with individual story modes if it weren't handled like Arena 1 where it was practically the same story over and over and over again. That was torture.

Back