• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

i have to play rise now

she has all the best pallettes

It seems a new P4AU video has appeared...

put Jotaro but Dante is his persona
757139nyarlathotepwryyyy.jpg

Persona 4: The Golden Sanic Animation

I don't think Chie likes this new anime she's in...

9AIjtkU.png

Probably because she smells like meat :PUN:

More like New Game Plus Plus, because I've heard a theory that said the same thing for the first anime.

It looks like it's New Game+
Izanagi did Megidolaon in the first episode.

P4G anime episode 1 impression. Don't read if you want to avoid spoilers. Even if you played the game there are some surprising new stuff in the anime that would be for your benefit if you weren't spoiled.

Ok glad this doesn't feel like a minor retelling of the last P4 anime. Yu Narukami feels much more likable this time since he isn't a total reserved deadpan 90% of the time. Noticed that dialogue choices from the game are more prominent here like you kindly singing the junes song with Nanako, enthusiastically saying "Yes Sir!" to Dojima, and hilariously telling King Moron to fuck off.
jiOdGA3.png

9joECzg.png

B9K73dZ.png

VPc4JxH.png

This honestly feels like a New Game + P4G run because it feels like this Narukami came into Inaba with maxed personality stats. The other IT characters are more/less the same, but naturally there is an inclusion of poetic tsundere Marie this time. Marie I can tell will have a prominent role in this anime (Probably more then even the game) with the amount of screen-time she had (Already took her out of the Velvet Room for some social link private time) and how Yu is constantly seeing/thinking of her. Would not be surprised if there is romance between them two if Valentines Day is covered.
d71LRLn.png

Vd7iH1K.jpg

UJrUaDY.png

A7Z0HJ6.jpg

OXjUsO9.png

This feels like a more rushed anime then the previous one that seemed to gloss over some key main plot stuff, but like I said this is a New Game + run for P4G so naturally the pace will be faster this time around. The preview of the next episode for example is already showing Kanji and the scooter events so yeah...glad I don't need to watch mostly old P4 anime stuff so I can see the new good stuff.

About the first TV entry event, Narukami/Yosuke/Chie enter the TV, make there way into the creepy room (No Yosuke bitching about peeing this time finally), meet Teddie, nothing out of the expected, but....then a bunch of shadows crash into the building and they run outside for the first battle. Naturally I would expect this to be a simple tutorial battle with a few low level shadows, but wow to the credit of the P4G anime it actually came up with some new stuff. First off there were a TON of those tongue shadows and my first thought was "he is boned he only has a low level Izanagi", but wow I was wrong.
b06bV9I.jpg

gHZ0LG7.png

vov2veV.png

nbc4uJw.png

UqR2U3w.png

After unsurprisingly summoning Izanagi (Izanagi folding his arms lol) I can tell this must be a much much higher level Izanagi for New Game +. First off a few low level shadows get killed INSTANTLY just from the aura of the persona summon lol. Then he casts a multi-target Zio skill (Keep in mind this is the FIRST BATTLE before even Shadow Yosuke lol) to destroy a bunch of them, then the tongue shadows get intimidated and made a huge organized formation to dive bomb the characters but Izanagi just stands there like he has negate physical (LOL) then promptly cuts a bunch of them down effortlessly after shaking them off. Then for the conclusion to mop up the rest Izanagi casts Myriad Arrows (Lul wut?) for overkill that results into the characters standing in the middle of a crater. Yeah... I for one look forward to more surprising stuff like this. Bonus for better animations and playing P4G soundtracks like Shadow World for the OP and Time to Make History for the Opening Battle. Next episode is looking hilarious.

Also, King Moron gets shut down in style.

iXIkx5jaG7rJs.gif
Jesus, Yu is like the only fictional character that could possibly do those dumb "forgot to turn my swag off" quotes and mean it in a literal and quantitative manner.

Something has been bothering me about this anime so far: Yu's head is either too big or his face is too small

New info on Ultimax TE2. Coming out when the game does for 19, 800 yen (about US$ 195.43). Will have a Shadow limited edition faceplate as well.

53bf4e5e7a596.jpg

Some P4AU streaming going on here: http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa

LONG video of the archive: http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa/b/546582471

Some songs I caught in the menus and that played:
After the Battle
Period
Game
Junes Theme
Break Out of.. Short Version
Game
Midnight Crossing Miracle Quiz
Changing Seasons
Want to be Close
Best Friends

Some screen caps, spoilering for size

Junpei's Blazblue color
I'm pretty certain this is Kagura Mutsuki
LNU8BkM.png

Ken colours
Ken's BB color. It's Carl Clover
7FMyqEP.png
Ken's Guilty Gear color. I don't play a lot of GG but I'm guessing this is Bridget?
deRMqVn.png

Rise's English move list
6KwIsru.png

Junpei's English move list
Np0jCwv.png

Both Sho's move lists
HITd5YO.png

PerSHOna
GeIkHpy.png

PerSHOna colors
Blazblue's Azreal
kJge2vq.png

I think this is Zappa
TICRNl7.png

Best for last
Shadow Rise's win pose
iqV0DBv.png

And then there's this Persona reference color...

BsS1VdQIUAAOqn4.jpg

Don't recognize it? It's Ixquic and Belphegor from Persona 2!

Reactions: AxHell
Kens GG palette is probably Sin, both have long weapons and simmilar hairstyles, koromaru got a valk color too lol

Nah. He doesn't have the right color weapon. Besides, Sin is mainly white with blue and gold accents, and Bridget is blue with white and gold accents.

Last edited:
Takashi Sorachi.

I just like the name Takashi, and Sorachi created Gintama and it's an awesome name.

can't remember, actually
I'd probably name him something like Bitches O'Toole now or something, though

I named mine Yosuke Hanamura... At the time I thought it was fucking hysterical. Now not so much.

Mitsuru is the 9th Jojo.

MiKi's Bizarre Adventure

Things have gotten slow here lately, so have an awesome P4A combo video.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Well damn, another character, that makes like 21 characters for Persona 4 arena ultimax now, I still remember when there was only ten characters in arcades.

Also I am still no nothing on marie really since I haven't played persona 4 golden, so how do you guys think she is going to play like?