• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I'd modify that to grind a little if necessary before the boss (especially after the fox shows up, when does that happen?)

He starts showing up at the Shrine in the beginning of May of I'm not mistaken. I don't really use him that much though, considering his prices for recovering SP are fucking ridiculous, I don't think he's worth it.

P4AU trailers for Kuma and Elizabeth (Japanese)

Kuma

Elizabeth

Pretty sure the super Teddie used at the end of his trailer is new. It looks cool!

Golden removes the save spots before the boss in dungeons.

It's okay because they dumbed down everything else and made everything super easy.

My dungeon strategy is usually going up to the boss floor right on day 1 (I cough up the Yen to the Fox; it's easy to make money and I rarely spend it) then goof around until the rainy days start appearing and take out the boss then. I don't grind but I do clear up the entirety of the dungeon, I think that is enough to leave the player properly leveled.

Anyway, Marie uh? Meh. Kaguya is super hype though. Can they switch? :3

Kaguya.png

*cue music*

They wanted to make Goho items more useful. P4 wasn't hard to begin with but yeah it's much easier since shadows and bosses suddenly gain more weaknesses/lose resistances/immune/reflect/drains. Not to mention shuffle time is much easier to improve your persona + skill cards for customization.

Don't think new shuffle time ever gives you items like Goho, but yeah you get keys much easier which leads to more items. Not to mention you can farm regular chests for items since they respawn when you switch floors.

Also here is Adachi using Evil Smile.
tumblr_inline_n8uaqdvaPO1qi31el.png

Source

Eh, I guess so.
I'll hang onto them, because of the Horror Stories about Kanji I'm still gonna grind like mad in that bathhouse.

This might be a misunderstanding on my end, but...
Yeah, I definitely heard P4G is much easier.
I wasn't talking about P4G. That was by dungeon routine for plain ol' P4.

Eh, I guess so.
I'll hang onto them, because of the Horror Stories about Kanji I'm still gonna grind like mad in that bathhouse.
The Goho-Ms are worth keeping but with my approach, I'm biased (make it from first to boss floor then go back).
And yeah, the top floors of the bathhouse are no joke. Do your best to get advantage in every fight. Also recommend a high Agility Persona like Matador because those bleepin' Magus will ride the party's proverbial ass all day long with their elemental spells.

I think S. Kanji might be the genuinely hardest boss in the game. S-Yukiko is fought with a incomplete party and letting Chie attack is always a gamble (it might be a 2-person party and a "One More" dispenser for S-Yukiko) and a certain someone later on can wipe the party in its first move because of the benefit of playing first against a party that is not at full health.

Even 2009 Jutsei had heard about how fucking hard SMT and Persona games could be, that's a contributing factor, really.

Pretty much everyone says that, Yukiko and Kanji rock your shit, but after that, it gets a lot easier and you can relax after that.
Lies, lies, and more lies. Shadow Yukiko is actually pretty easy if you dizzy the helper and guard against the extremely telegraphed Burn to Ashes. She's just the typical wake-up call like Matador is in Nocturne.

Shadow Kanji is the WORST. Always guard whenever Shadow Kanji uses Power Charge, otherwise your team will die, right then and there. Also keep a Dekaja user or two (Yosuke should have it by then) to get rid of Heat Riser. Let Chie use Tarukaja/Rampage a lot, you can ignore Tough Guy draining it. Use Yukiko as you main healer since she can only damage Shadow Kanji himself. Get a Persona that resists physical like Eligor. And always, ALWAYS be on the lookout for Fanatical Spark. One bad hit on Yosuke with that thing and it can end there.

Shadow Teddie is actually pretty tricky if you don't have debuffs (which I only had some). You can forget about buffs at that point since you only have the one-at-a-time buffs at that point. He's not terrible like Shadow Kanji but he's definitely not something you can relax at. friggin nullity guidance aaaaaaaaaaaa

Shadow Mitsuo is a huge pain in the butt. At that point you should be able to have Black Frost who is pretty much built for that fight, but you always have to be prepared for stuff. For the shell, keep your buffs up and his debuffs down, and keep a party member or items that cure Exhaustion (Teddie was pretty much made for this fight). During the real fight, you have to worry about two things: weaknesses, and fear. If Shadow Mitsuo uses an elemental attack (you will always know what it is because he uses a wall for that element first) and it hits a character's weakness, he'll use Megidola which will essentially wipe your party out completely. If he fears a party member, he'll kill them instantly using Ghastly Wail. And that includes you, which means instant game over. ALWAYS keep someone with a Sedative or Me Patra to keep that from ever happening.

Shadow Naoto is a joke in comparison. Just play smart and force her to use up turns with Dekaja and Dekunda since she can only attack once per turn.

I'm currently stuck on Kunino-Sagiri. Screw Unerring Justice.

so it seems like the persona 4 golden animation is

only covering the stuff new to golden
they
skipped to after kanji had been rescued in the second episode

on the plus
Golden Narukami is indeed confirmed to be all stats max NG+ thanks to the opening
not to mention he is fantastic to watch and goddamn hilarious
why couldn't this be the Narukami we got in the first animation and arena
instead we got an emotional brick who can't emote to save his life

that
doesn't exactly work in the context of a television show, though
in which he is presented as his own character
said character being that of an emotional brick

Teddie's P4AU trailer, English subbed

I know Teddie's skirt chasing isn't new, but he seems particularly drawn towards Yukari.

Well the OP made it painfully obvious that the anime is a NG+ run that is aimed for those who watched the previous anime or played the games if you didn't get the hints everywhere

Takeaway for episode 2: It's not easy living a day as Yu Narukami.
That Marie singing in the ED though lol she is probably gonna be in every episode judging by the next episode and how much they are pushing her.

Apparently, one of the P4U2 pre-order bonuses is either a Naoto pillow or a Naoto pillow case (not sure which is true).

img_click_l06_2.jpg

Also, found this lulzy picture comparing Shinji to Gordon Ramsey:

10408595_605789172870584_3683340888223593365_n.jpg

Also also, there's going to be a new PSC episode on the 25th showing off Adachi gameplay, and possibly Marie's trailer.

Is her theme an actual remix of Battle for Everyone's Soul this time or have I just not listened to it in a while

That ain't her theme. It's still Battle for Everyone's Souls. The new theme that appears in the trailer is a remix of Persona 1's Velvet Room theme. Also, we may know who the last character for P4AU is. Check out this flyer from the P4AU tour that started a few hours ago:

Bs4JLcNCUAA7rrk.jpg

Notice anyone new?

Oh hi Margaret. It's funny, I actually heard someone mention Namatame being DLC for the game on Facebook, which would also be an interesting choice.

I'd be cool with Marg, but I'd rather have Theodork.

Back