• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Yeah man.

Kind of what an "overarching theme" is.

I know that it's weird, because we're not used to people caring enough their game series' narrative to do that.

Persona 1 had a similar theme, and hell, Persona 2 was the prototype to 4 in that sense, all that Inaba TV shit? Just Joker and Rumors.

Yeah that makes sense now that I think about it.
Hm...a way to affect everyone's subconscious...
A way for people to stop inherently thinking about suicide...

Damn, I wonder why Liz hasn't gotten stress marks over this dilemma yet, must be the eternal youth or something

I'll say, personal guess, but if we do get playable Minato/Makoto?

His fans might not be happy about it considering the Malevolent Entity wants "the one true vessel" and we think it is a villain who loves to impersonate people. :p

Final boss anyone?

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
That's what I'm expecting, personally. There are fans out there that would get pissed off if P3MC did come back to life, so coming back "wrong" would probably be the best compromise.

Either way, the final scenes of Ultimax are gonna rustle a lot of jimmies
So many that Erebus is gonna grow like X9001 in size

I can't wait

8:25

To anyone who has played only 3 and 4, or only 4.

Doesn't that shit look familiar?

It's pretty fair to expect the same big big bad is behind it all.

maybe everyone just dies and with her dying breath mitsuru relays to nanjo that nyar is back

and then persona 5 is nanjo getting the band back together
starting with Eikichi

Reactions: destruction_adv
Maybe Labrys beats the big bad by being super moe and Doujima brings on the waterworks by telling the story about his wife's death?

double whammy of tears.

maybe everyone just dies and with her dying breath mitsuru relays to nanjo that nyar is back

and then persona 5 is nanjo getting the band back together
starting with Eikichi
Eikichi probably won't appear as a Persona user again. Would probably cause the end of the world like what would have happened if his memories (along with those of Jun and Lisa) were restored at the end of EP.

I always imagined that Elizabeth and Margaret were kids in coma that were "adopted" by Phil out of mercy, that's why they know so little about the world. What if to release Minato Elizabeth needs to face it and come back to the real world without persona and her memories of all that happened? Or die in the process taking the wild card ability with her? And that would be her sacrifice to bring the emo kid back?

Then he returns with Orpheus/Messiah and becomes q lighter version of yu.

OR he comes back as a true wild card and uses multiple personas on the attacks, and his insta-kill is summoning pixie, then the frost brothers, then cu chulainn, and 3 more awesome personas until Messiah ends that all (just live that cool Athena asamiya super)?

One can dream

Yeah, I always figured the V.Room siblings as orphans Igor picked up and now they just hang with him out of gratitude and employment.

Yeah, I always figured the V.Room siblings as orphans Igor picked up and now they just hang with him out of gratitude and employment.
IIRC it's stated somewhere Igor "created" them.

IIRC it's stated somewhere Igor "created" them.
It's also stated that Jun and Tatsuya are super gay for each other so I dunno what the current canon is anymore.

There's a neat as fuck fan theory that the Contract both Makoto and Yu sign at the beginning has a part in the contract where their body and soul are forfeit should they fail in their Journey.
So there are these AUs of Yu and Makoto as Velvet Room attendents with mind-wiped personalities and cool as fuck white hair/golden eyes.

Also thought I'd mention my new icon here lol

You mean, like these pieces of fan art? (WARNING: XBOX HUEG)

tumblr_m3scyi5Bwd1qidqm0o1_500.png

tumblr_ma1wevUQTn1qidqm0o1_1280.png

tumblr_ma1wevUQTn1qidqm0o2_250.png

minato smiling is a terrifying thing holy shit
Welcome to the Laughing Batman scenario.

Flight Attendant Minako is godlike.

what if Minako and Minato are both canon and they are both playable like Ryu's transformation supers in that old marvel game

what if Minato comes back wrong and he becomes Minako
then minako will be canon and not canon just at different points in time

what if Minako and Minato are both canon and they are both playable like Ryu's transformation supers in that old marvel game
That would be even more screwed up than their current state. Do not want.

Reactions: Arcana
speaking of which are they actually both canon? because while they may both be the fool he is 0 and she is 22

If you subscribe to the Amala Network theory that first appeared in Nocturne, they're both canon, but in different timelines/universes. No way they'd both be canon in the same universe/timeline unless things went drastically differently than known canon.

I always like to headcanon them as siblings. One survives the incident in one world, the other survives in another. Pity they can't split the Great Seal burden. :(

Who the fuck is William.
As part of the Velvet AU, Velveted characters lose their original name and get a new one, usually one that shares its first letter with the character's name pre-Velveting. Dunno why the artist named Velveted!P3MC William, though.

what if Minato comes back wrong and he becomes Minako
then minako will be canon and not canon just at different points in time
how would they explain her weapon mastery gimping?

FluxWaveZ found something interesting in Adachi's trailer that I think we all missed (he's not referred to by name because he posted his finding on NeoGAF, where a no spoiler policy on P4AU exists):

Not to go off-topic, but I just noticed something in the recent P4AU character video that I didn't see anyone point out in the forums: at 1:00, the character is fighting Yu, but they don't have a Persona. It's also set at 1 round, so it's probably a story related thing.

Actually, when Yu casted Zio, Adachi hit Izanagi, making it disappear.

They meant Adachi didn't have a Persona at all. Watch the trailer again and take a look at the upper left corner. The TV where Personas are normally shown (and where Magatsu is for the rest of the video) is blank during the part at 1:00. Also, you're thinking of the part at 1:15.