• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

You are all welcome. Here's Kana and Yu as well. Their poses are weird so I wasn't sure if they would work out so well... Yu's especially.
ypSM7Xr.png

7tUWHrZ.png

Edit: After looking at Arsene again, it does wear a giant top hat.. I thought it was a gun... oops

Last edited:
The Dancing All Night Long designs look so overdesigned it's painful...Well, not really I guess. The whole aesthetic they got going for it never looked very appealing to me.

Arsene is giving me some heavy Apollo/Digital Devil Saga vibes, and I love it. Also, that hat...

If the Persona 4 Era was a star
DAN is the supernova

Just a lot of nonsense flying around
Looks pretty rad though

Callin' dibs on Tophat Wingman Thief Persona.

And I'm stuck with blushing Pouf...

Really, Kanji's DAN threads and Teddie's Elvis getup are the only true offenders, everyone else besides Naoto and Rise is just their regular outfits give or take unbuttoning their jackets and an extra t-shirt. I especially love Naoto's new suspenders and gloves.

...I really wish the DAN outfits were the group's new permanent looks, minus Teddie and maybe/maybe not Kanji

i also like how they knew exactly what Chie fans like about her design
you can't put that much emphasis on the thighs and not know

they also already did that
and it was the best
I should replay DDS one of these days

Eh, I liked DDS but it had its problems.

Like another stupid high encounter rate and everyone in the first game being completely one-dimensional (for plot reasons I know but still).

And don't mind me, sticking to Cuchy.

it did things that other SMT games never did before
like have Steve Blum and Crispin Freeman
we'll never get innovation like that again, you know

Something that's been bugging me. The ending of P4U left openings for other stories...namely, it expanded on Elizabeth's quest, and it brought up that Sho had the POSSIBILITY of the Wild Card, meaning he might get his own adventure. What's bugging me is that they're keeping Elizabeth's quest to save Minato as this little sub plot that totally doesn't have any serious implications or is of interest to anyone...
But on Sho, I don't really care if he gets his own spinoff or cameos, what I DO care about, though, is the Velvet Room. We see TWO residents with Igor. I highly doubt the two will both be tied to us, it doesn't really make much sense to me unless they do it like Marie and Margaret, though Marie, honestly, was only really justified by being able to interact with her outside the Velvet Room, so does that mean that we could get another Wild Card this time around? Or maybe Sho really will show up!
T-that last part was a joke...Though I wouldn't mind seeing Sho again if just for the sake of connecting things.

it did things that other SMT games never did before
like have Steve Blum and Crispin Freeman
we'll never get innovation like that again, you know
very true, can't argue with that

Heheheh. I wonder how much of a pain it's gonna be to get Alice this time around?

I like how no one wanted the Teddie icon.
The only good costume teddy's ever worn, was General Teddie, which is fun to laugh at, and the Alice costume, which still kills my best friend every time I bring it up XD

Reactions: BeatNinja
the velvet lolis look like completely new characters
I suspect that their names will involve some kind of skindeep symbolism relating to the prison theme

What are two Japanese words that are usually used together to describe prison?

the velvet lolis look like completely new characters
I suspect that their names will involve some kind of skindeep symbolism relating to the prison theme
I'm sure it will XD
Again, though, what's the reasoning behind the two of them? I'm wondering if they're just using two from the get go so they can introduce stuff like Skill Cards early on.

I'm really wondering what the rest of the party's personas are, though Morgana's is obvious
The RETURN OF HELIOS THE CAT! It didn't make sense then why he was a cat, and it sure won't now!

EDIT: They're names will probably have to do with Frankenstein, if not, I always assumed they would on to another classical monster novel, just to keep that tradition up.

I'm gonna assume that the theme for this one is gonna be literature
so I wouldn't be surprised if sharkboy had something like "Dodger" as in the Artful Dodger or whatever

yeah i know i'm going to have to pass on the teddie pic i like my current one too much to replace it

Velvet Siblings have traditionally been named after Frankenstein people though. Were there twins in those books?

Franny and Stacy

I'm gonna assume that the theme for this one is gonna be literature
so I wouldn't be surprised if sharkboy had something like "Dodger" as in the Artful Dodger or whatever

Well guys. If the theme is literature...and Nyarlothep, a creature from Lovecraftian lore, which is from a large series of LITERATURE, is not even so much as directly mentioned or at the very very least referenced, I will revoke any respect I have for this series.

And then I'll play the game and not care about my own annoyance.
Velvet Siblings have traditionally been named after Frankenstein people though. Were there twins in those books?
They don't need to use twins. I mean, it'd be effective if they did, but I beleive there were some twins or something along those lines.
Franny and Stacy
I need to learn to type faster...

thelma and louis
bonnie and clyde
the blue brothers

there's many names for the velvet lolis

I like Caroline and Agatha, but they could go further with the reference and name them Mary and Shelly

late to the party (had some bad days). but to close the art discussion, here's a comparison

tumblr_muhcq2sLOV1spdbspo1_1280.jpg

Reactions: BeatNinja
Oh hey, here's when P4 debuted in Famitsu 7 years ago. Compared to the recent P5 scans. Neat stuff.

10458066_877218188978947_8916276801019337495_n.jpg

chair-kun REALLY looks like naoto in that official art

late to the party (had some bad days). but to close the art discussion, here's a comparison

tumblr_muhcq2sLOV1spdbspo1_1280.jpg
Just to reiterate my sentiments, Kaneko can design persona and demons. Give Soejima the people

Reactions: SanoBaron
Just to reiterate my sentiments, Kaneko can design persona and demons. Give Soejima the people
but then we wouldn't have demi-fiend

or space marine

or heat

you monster

To be fair, when they did the 3D models in his style, they looked really good. The art style seems to fit will with lower-quality graphics, I guess. Also, Demi-Fiend is amazing. I was saying for awhile he needed a cameo in Persona and to be playable in Smash (cause SMT x FE...)

the pinnacle of Demi-Fiend's existence will always be as DDS's super boss with the normal Nocturne battle theme playing
fuck that boss and everything it was
but also it's amazing and I love it

but then we wouldn't have demi-fiend

or space marine

or heat

you monster
yes. but then we wouldn't have every human looking like a vampire.