• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Skulldate: The Unoffical Skullgirls Dating Sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
will there be a map? to navigate faster?

my body is ready yiff yiff murr give beowaifu thank you

will there be a map? to navigate faster?
The Taxi is there to do that, so if you want to go somewhere you can get into one and go to different towns. So for example if I want to trigger the Filia date in Maplecrest and I was in New Meridian, I can pull up the taxi menu and go to Maplecrest.

Reactions: loonieboy9697
One more question. Will you add battle scenes?

One way to do it is Turn based.

One more question. Will you add battle scenes?

One way to do it is Turn based.
Well, I'm having trouble using variables for this game. So I might need you to help me with this because I know you have some experence with Ren Py

Im still trying to find a way to make a fight scene similar to this.
0.jpg

^
That would look great

Also @Zidiane I haven't heard from you or seen anything I would like to see what's going on and if your still working on that submission or not.
Juggling work and school finals right now. Almost done with school. Would have sat down to do it Tuesday, the day I had completely off, and then I had that whole "my brother was kidnapped and held for ransom, but it ended up being a scam" thing. So, I kinda need another minute or so.
Im still trying to find a way to make a fight scene similar to this.

That would look great
I actually kinda know how to do that.

Ok kids listen up because here's the update:

The dateables are being worked on in the Grand Cathedreal!
Guys Grand Cathedreal dateables:
Double
Marie
Ladies Grand Cathedreal dateables:
Skullheart

But first lets welcome who's on our team
@Rabeye - Valentine script writer
@CHAOS_FANTAZY - Introduction script writer/proofreader
and me @Mc.Rad
And our members in waiting
@Zidiane - working on Scynthia Script and might help us with battle scenes... maybe
and @chickenwithtie - Hopefully is going to draw some backgrounds and charicter art for us.

But what scripts are taken
@Rabeye - Valentine script
@CHAOS_FANTAZY - Introduction script(already wrote it)/proofreading (but we can have multiple proofreaders)
@Mc.Rad - Double script/ Skullheart script

Q&A time!!! again:

Q: I have character script for X(none scripted charicter) can I do it
A: Only if I aprove it!

Q: So can I help with someone writing a character script?
A: If they want/need help then yes, you can.

Q (M): So I was looking at the script to and tried to run it, but a error happens! Is there something wrong?
A: I will try to give you all the files in the folder so you can have all of the assets.

Q: Here's Juju! (Is actually picture of Fang)
A: Goddamnit now the Juju fans will try to kill you.

And that's all folks!

Small update:

I'm starting work on the Apartment.

Guess what song plays at it?!?!?!?!

Q: Is it the hotel theme from Eathbound?
A: GODDAMNIT HOW DO YOU KEEP GETTING THESE THINGS RIGHT.

Though I should be getting some sleep right now.

Surprised no one asked for D. Violet ...

Well we got Mrs Victoria, so...
Alright McRad I can confirm my participation but only on character art. So you want them like those in the game?
Allright. I'll try to come as near as Ahad's style as I can.

Well we got Mrs Victoria, so...
Alright McRad I can confirm my participation but only on character art. So you want them like those in the game?
Allright. I'll try to come as near as Ahad's style as I can.
Sure, maybe need to have some of that washed up Juju I was talking about earlier.

Just brainstorming some ideas:

• Announcer voice at Title saying "This is true love we're making!"
  • Item Shops
  • Upgradeable Skills
  • Image Gallery
  • Soundbox: Music Gallery
  • Scene Select: Select a Scene to start from that was played before to choose alternate options
  • Skullpedia: feature that shows details about characters met in-game

Reactions: Shockdingo
Just brainstorming some ideas:

• Announcer voice at Title saying "This is true love we're making!"
  • Skullpedia: feature that shows details about characters met in-game
Actully these sound like great ideals!!! I might implement them in the game

Ok, so I'm working on Maplecrest, I might ask for someone to suggest a song for the Streets of New Meridian menu? Or a song for the Taxi Driver?

Taxi Driver....I suggest this
:PUN::PUN::PUN:

A Skullgirls dating sim...? Not sure weather to feel positive or negative about this one. Always nice to see the community grow, but a dating sim? All I can say for now is...

Who is the Taxi driver...?
Friendly and sociable tomboy Liu Ju. She wears a cap with the insignia of the Taxi company on it. Known for always engaging with her customers and always being "on target" with her stops.

(I think it could be a cool way to add Ju Ju in without any legal woe remembrance and a cute wink.) Getting into head cannon mode/ Manic Dingo Discourse©:

There never really was a Ju Ju, this was just Liu imagining what it would be like to work for Parasoul (I'm not 100% sure if the name works, I don't know if Liu can be a Chinese girl's first name) Anyways, she's a bright and imaginative girl, but always dreamed of being a part of the Black Egrets, though for whatever reasons she could never apply / or pass the final rigorous tests. Her hero worship of Parasoul stems from running into her during a random encounter or maybe a parade. She was awed by the brief, personal and friendly encounter, thus she became a huge fan of the princess.

Also, lookwise, the way to get around her "official look" would be to one, always have her wearing the cap, two, have slighlty different hair (maybe longer with bangs?) and maybe give her green or hazel eyes along with an inviting smirk.

There never really was a Ju Ju, this was just Liu imagining what it would be like to work for Parasoul (I'm not 100% sure if the name works, I don't know if Liu can be a Chinese girl's first name) Anyways, she's a bright and imaginative girl, but always dreamed of being a part of the Black Egrets, though for whatever reasons she could never apply / or pass the final rigorous tests. Her hero worship of Parasoul stems from running into her during a random encounter or maybe a parade. She was awed by the brief, personal and friendly encounter, thus she became a huge fan of the princess.

whaattt aboout

Ju De
20140422090643!Joo_Dee.png

Or maybe Ju Lee
250px-Zhu_Li.png
:PUN:

Reactions: Shockdingo
A skullgirls dating sim? I can dig it. Would the game have the option to date multiple people and if you got caught cheating it would have devastating yet hilariously awkward consequences?

So.. you're writting all the text for every charactcer?

A skullgirls dating sim? I can dig it. Would the game have the option to date multiple people and if you got caught cheating it would have devastating yet hilariously awkward consequences?
mmmmmmmmm Yup, I got varibles for that

No, were having some people write for it.
Were still open for other people for writing
I wish I had more time on my hands.. I would totally help writing some character.

HORAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! WE REACHED THE YES VOTE! Now for our next vote suggestions. Who should be the comunity voted dateable character?

HORAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! WE REACHED THE YES VOTE! Now for our next vote suggestions. Who should be the comunity voted dateable character?
Beowulf's Chair, The Hurting.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I nominate Fukua for the vote.

Yeah, I know it'd be a mess to work her entirety of the nonsensical, scattered information regarding her into a cohesive "Canon Fukua," but it would definitely be interesting.

Also I think the Taxi Driver should just be a nobody. No one to really work with in canon, and there's no need to assign a huge identity and character to a fan character.

I would say Aeon or Venus
I want Aeon!

Also I think the Taxi Driver should just be a nobody.
Me too, I but i would like to give hims a little bit of personality.

Like he's a fan of Heavy Metal.

You know stuff like that.

Me too, I but i would like to give hims a little bit of personality.
Like he's a fan of Heavy Metal.

like I said earlier:PUN: He can be a character with mystery all around him and the only thing you know about him is that he likes Heavy Metal!
9180-567857385.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Dateable Samson. Think of the potential comedy gold.

Reactions: MrExtravagant
Status
Not open for further replies.