• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

No one has explained anything yet besides she takes more damage with the head off. Everything else has been opinions.
Being the only character able to meaty while blocking is a fact though

Edit: sorry its her and peacock, plus beta fukua
Eliza can too, with Chair, and Robo with head bombs and missle stuff. Squigly and Double can for meter, but that doesn't really count. And I guess Beowulf if he throws the chair? Parasoul with the bike, too.

Those aren't really in the same league as head, but there are more than just those three.

-Overhead axe kick is +, low slide is also +
overhead is -3 and slide is -10
edit: slide is -10 up close, but can be made as good as +1 max range.

Eliza can too, with Chair, and Robo with head bombs and missle stuff. Squigly and Double can for meter, but that doesn't really count. And I guess Beowulf if he throws the chair? Parasoul with the bike, too.

Those aren't really in the same league as head, but there are more than just those three.

overhead is -3 and slide is -10

try doing it when they hit the head zzzzz

Reactions: gllt
No one has explained anything yet besides she takes more damage with the head off. Everything else has been opinions.
Being the only character able to meaty while blocking is a fact though

Edit: sorry its her and peacock, plus beta fukua

I just said in my post above about the options headless has to cover herself in her pressure (which still amounts to her pressure being vulnerable), talked about her damage, how and why her blockstring pressure isn't as good, and brought up how most MUs aren't in her favor.

What do you need me to do? List out every blockstring headless has? Describe every matchup?

I don't care if you read it, but don't act like I'm half-assing here.

PARTIAL LIST OF PRESSURE TOOLS HEAD OFF FORTUNE HAS

-Head can pull/push so you can do cross up mix ups in and out of the corner EZ. Leads to crossing up inputs and messing up PBGCs
-Can hit confirm single hits with cr.lk hitting the head. Hella plus. Can also do cr.lk launch. Safe vs PBGC
-Best pbgc baits in the game. String -> block + head =
-Space control when you kick the head
-Hit grab on the ground, you control the ground
-Pushblock is worthless when you fight head pressure. It doesn't push her out, the head makes contact before you get pushed away. You can pushblock the head, but that's only if fortune pushes H. 102394893029384 mindgames and mix ups with this alone.
-Fullscreen snap. Can lock out assists with this for FREE. Underused, godlike, looks cool.
-Did I mention she can fukin up back after launching on block like come on now.

END OF PARTIAL LIST

*Combine with assists for improved results.

And you think all this is better than Head On? This is just a list of things that a character can do are good, of which every character has a list like this, but isn't addressing Head-On vs Headless. Especially when some of these things aren't that great (launching head on block and staying safe is very limited use both in utility and requires placement, space control of kicking the head is very limited when the head can be hit out by the opponent anyways and the vectors for it aren't even that good imo).

Keep in mind, no one (or at least, I'm not) saying Headless is bad. There are things headless can do that head on can't. But a lot of these aren't dealbreakers imo that make up for the headless weaknesses I listed out, esp when Head-On has things still she can do only herself that are also good and sometimes better.

I mean, I can address stuff individually, but I don't think we're arguing on the same wavelength here.

You didn't say when they hit the head, you just said slide and axe. Pretty much everything is plus if you hit the head.

You didn't say when they hit the head, you just said slide and axe. Pretty much everything is plus if you hit the head.
When Sage says everything is + with the head he means that you can use the head to make sure everything is + and safe.

Overhead + 5HP should be + and lead into more junk if they block, while being safe from PBGC.

I'm talking about head off, I thought it was implied. Sorry.

And you think all this is better than Head On? This is just a list of things that a character can do are good, Wof which every character has a list like this, but isn't addressing Head-On vs Headless. Especially when some of these things aren't that great (launching head on block and staying safe is very limited use both in utility and requires placement, space control of kicking the head is very limited when the head can be hit out by the opponent anyways and the vectors for it aren't even that good imo).

Keep in mind, no one (or at least, I'm not) saying Headless is bad. There are things headless can do that head on can't. But a lot of these aren't dealbreakers imo that make up for the headless weaknesses I listed out, esp when Head-On has things still she can do only herself that are also good and sometimes better).

I mean, I can address stuff individually, but I don't think we're arguing on the same wavelength here.

Yes, I do think its better. Launching and jumping is not limited in use, you get to block/ hitconfirm -> combo/ mix up the opponent.

Requires placement, if you include assists, will happen every 2 seconds. Without assists, it only requires fortune to cr.mp st.hk the head and then run towards.
If the opponent wants to hit the head when you kick it, they by all means, they're gonna get combo'd for trying it. If the head is in a bad spot and is getting hit, that's the fortune players fault, and that's supposed to be its weakness so????

I don't care if people think head off is bad, I care that people think its worse.

Overhead + 5HP should be + and lead into more junk if they block, while being safe from PBGC.

Fortune Overhead is already safe (wiki says + but Zid says -3?) on block FWIW. For Slide it's super relevant to stay safe with the head, but with the Overhead it's already safe and at best the head can let you keep a little more pressure (which they can still PBGC and hit you out of still if you tried to commit to another thing for a mixup/pressure after the head, the head can only save you from certain PBGCs). Just clarifying for others

I'm talking about head off, I thought it was implied. Sorry.
I thought you were just talking about the character without her head. People are talking about base damage reductions and stuff so I thought you were talking about her base stuff. nbd.

I'm pretty sure you can crossup everyone except Big Band, Double, Eliza in the corner after canis major.

MikeZ changed this on the August 20th patch. "Canis Major Press attempts to not allow corner crossups afterward, from ranges where it would look ambiguous. (Not sure I got this quite right but let's see...)"

MikeZ changed this on the August 20th patch. "Canis Major Press attempts to not allow corner crossups afterward, from ranges where it would look ambiguous. (Not sure I got this quite right but let's see...)"
u rite.

Btw, Fortune head-on Rekka overhead is +1 while the headless is -3. Slide is the same in both as far as I can tell (managed to get it up to +4 from max range and -10 at close range).

I don't care if people think head off is bad, I care that people think its worse.

Okay, you say you're on the same page, but that doesn't translate to anything else really lining up. A lot of this stuff just isn't adding up to Head-Ons faster pressure.

PARTIAL LIST OF PRESSURE TOOLS HEAD OFF FORTUNE HAS

-Head can pull/push so you can do cross up mix ups in and out of the corner EZ. Leads to crossing up inputs and messing up PBGCs

And Head-On has waaaaaaaay easier access to a midscreen left/right in either pressure or resets (especially against Tall characters) thanks to her faster/lower airdash, where as the headless needs the head in position. Which is going back to what Caio and I were saying, where their pressure options are comparable...

-Can hit confirm single hits with cr.lk hitting the head. Hella plus. Can also do cr.lk launch. Safe vs PBGC

Safe only when the head is in position, and very limited actual "mixup" or pressure unless the opponent just PBGCs into holding forward. You can go into slide or overhead for an actual mixup after that, but that's where you're opening up yourself to be vulnerable and you can get by potential PBGCs at that point.

And...Head-On fortune doesn't have any hit confirming problems with her strings. If she did, this would be a good point.

-Best pbgc baits in the game. String -> block + head =

They aren't all safe, the head is not a mixup tool so it's just only pressure. See what I said in the long post before about safe strings.

-Space control when you kick the head

If the opponent wants to hit the head when you kick it, they by all means, they're gonna get combo'd for trying it. If the head is in a bad spot and is getting hit, that's the fortune players fault, and that's supposed to be its weakness so????

Combo'd by what? If they are hitting your head after you launch it, you are either too far away where you couldn't punish them anyways (unless the opoonent was leaving themselves vulnerable) or they are close enough to where you are going to get hit alongside the head for moving forward. Fortune's air buttons aren't disjointed and are not the best (read: still good!). Maybe if she had invincible Fiber back (but no one wants to live through that again).

You can Launch and jump forward into blocking and hope for a landcancel punish...but that doesn't sound super oppressive if you ask me (plus you can always do mixups to people trying to land cancel you anyways)

Versus.....the air control of head-on invincible Fiber? Which is still safe on whiff and takes her higher and farther?

-Hit grab on the ground, you control the ground

Most every character in the game can easily punish the head. Headless can do ground pressure but it is very much not free. PLUS a lot of characters take to the air anyways (where sneeze isn't going to hit them). PLUS some of the characters who'd benefit most of controlling the ground on (Bella, BB) actually have really great options for hitting the head from long ranges and staying safe anyways. The only MU where you can freely throw out Noms would be against Parasoul. Sucks for her I guess?

Versus, Head-Ons extremely good poke in sHP which confirms from super far as a poke and is a great great great tool. And can go into fiber itself to stay safe + keep up pressure. Head-On doesn't have that many issues on the ground. Again, maybe if this weren't the case it'd be different.

-Pushblock is worthless when you fight head pressure. It doesn't push her out, the head makes contact before you get pushed away. You can pushblock the head, but that's only if fortune pushes H. 102394893029384 mindgames and mix ups with this alone.

There are mind games, but thats what every character has with block pressure. What the head lets you do is cover your unsafe stuff so that if they didn't PB, you're still safe. The head doesn't make you safe from reversals if you continue pressure like Peacock item drop can (or at least the situations it can are much more limited). So this isn't accurate. Maybe if sneeze were more active or something so it'd get you out of some reversal situations better, but that still wouldn't save you from several character options.

Not to mention...Head-On actually has several invincible options which ALSO can be used in blockstrings for mindgames, with Head-roll itself going through things that Sneeze/nom + mixup can't while being safe. Head-On still retains Overhead/slide mixup with her rekkas. Head-On is NOT lacking in this area.

What I can give though is that headless can much easier do a block string mixup with L-Fiber + head call for a crossup. But that's not safe and head-on can do similar but slightly slower. I brought up that point above when talking about Head-ons reset/pressure tools in comparison.

-Fullscreen snap. Can lock out assists with this for FREE. Underused, godlike, looks cool.

A full bar to snap the assist, you lose your head for a while (because the heads position is sent flying all over), which limits Headless neutral tools already and the opponent can still act. The only advantage is that you have your own assist, but the lockdown timer isn't that long on snapping assist anyways...

This is underused, but I'd also say it's just not that great. Or at least, not good enough to make up for less damage + less invincible options + harder/situational to use + dying in 1 combo. This is most definitely what I meant before with "very little gain".

And this still doesn't touch the incredible utility of Invincible Fiber which is used for a lot of this + even MORE, better buttons, faster pressure, more damage, etc.

Suggestion to improve the Fortune conversation:
People who main Fortune should make a Google Drive open list of suggestions (?) that could be cool tested on Beta instead of "random suggestions vs people who doesn´t know who to play the character and think she´s fine"

@fenster

"Headless is better at mixups/pressure instantly; that's the tradeoff so that she's not a worse character" - (from sage)

"Head-On Pressure/mixups are just as good as Headless" - (me, Caio)

"If her Pressure and Mixups are just as good, whats the problem?"

Do you not see the problem with this? :(

This doesn't really mean anything to me, besides sage thinks headless pressure and mixups are better than headon, and that you and Caio think headoff pressure and mixups are equal to headon + assist.

The last question, posed by broken loose, was meant to reiterate that you are saying that headoff has as much pressure and mixups as headon + an assist. Meaning that headoff in this regard is better bc of reasons such as:
Cant get double snapped and lose that character; can do those mixups by herself (if she is solo, the only character remaining, or her assists are in lockout),
And the tradeoff being:
She takes more damage IF the head is near her body at the time she gets hit (which is technically the players fault, even if it seems unfair).

From what I've explained, no i don't truly see a problem with this. Especially since she can do this in conjunction with assists.

If headless was strongly preferred in more Matchups in neutral, then this wouldn't be a problem, but the amount of matchups that people actually seem to think Headless makes a difference is only a couple.

As of right now, the sample size of headless players is much smaller than any other character. Even though she is part of Ms. Fortune, many players ignore headoff due to the ease of learning headon.
As of right now i can think of 5(?) headoff mains, (and 1 who has solid knowledge of headoff):
FizzxWizz
KhaosMuffins
Mandragora
FullBleed
Caiolugon {sorry} When i have played with him I have mostly seen headon
SonicFox
There aren't many more than a couple of headless players.

The top 3 have been playing headoff the longest from what ive seen (fullbleed picked it up a little later, and sonic played her the shortest time of the 5), but i still feel her matchups haven't been explored (matchups in this game are still heavily argued, beyond certain ones) as much as they need to make the above comment.

They aren't all safe, the head is not a mixup tool so it's just only pressure. See what I said in the long post before about safe strings.

If you bait a pbgc, it means you think they will either try to escape or try to hit you. Headbutt does fine here, bc if you practice it, you can meaty the head for the timing they return to neutral (if it hits, confirm with cr.lk; if they tried to jump forward, they get hit; if they jump back, they block and fall to the ground; if they reversal, you block; if they mash non-invulnerable buttons, they get hit and you can confirm).

In this example, point fortune is totally safe (against bella she has to jump to avoid showstopper, other character specific things, etc), from reversals. If they block the headbutt, they have to pushblock again to attempt another pbgc move, which she can also bait.

Last edited:
caio is both a good headless player and has immense knowledge of it

This doesn't really mean anything to me, besides sage thinks headless pressure and mixups are better than headon, and that you and Caio think headoff pressure and mixups are equal to headon + assist.

What I was pointing out was that, according what mike said in that post, was talking if Headless = Head-On in pressure options, what the problem was. Where the problem is obviously Headless having the tradeoffs that we've brought up so much. If Sage/You/others think Headless pressure is fine, then it's no problem (even if we disagree), but obviously there should be some strengths to one or the other, not the same.

FizzxWizz
KhaosMuffins
Mandragora
FullBleed
Caiolugon {sorry} When i have played with him I have mostly seen headon
SonicFox
There aren't many more than a couple of headless players.

The top 3 have been playing headoff the longest from what ive seen (fullbleed picked it up a little later, and sonic played her the shortest time of the 5), but i still feel her matchups haven't been explored (matchups in this game are still heavily argued, beyond certain ones) as much as they need to make the above comment.

Okay, so several things about this

1. There are countless more people who've picked up Headless Fortune. I know I'm picking her up too. And I think I saw sage play her as well and was doing more than just flailing around like some new player. You've probably picked headless up too, though I can't remember exactly if that's true or not. Its not like there are only 3 robo players or 3 peacock players or 3 headless players, and everyone can (or should be able to?) contribute to this discussion. And the game has been out for years. Not to mention we've all at least played against it. I know what you're getting at, and while I agree that there is more that could be explored/argued, I don't think we are beyond the point where we can talk about things with this game with a little clarity. That Headless MU thread is like year old or longer, surely that's enough time for them to add anything more?

2. I'd say there is even LESS input for other characters, yet we still get changes and discussion about them. The only times I've seen things posted for Robo Fortune MUs have been myself/Mpgame on the rare occasion, and that doesn't stop everyone talking about her problems and tools, and she's way newer than Headless. Pick and choose a character that you want, but basically...across the board for this game, you aren't going to get too many more players to pull results from if you set it up like you are now with only counting so few players.

3. If you're going to question how many players we have to use here, How many players is enough? How much time do we need? If this is a problem for you that you need this addressed, you have to at least tell us what your standards are, otherwise there's no real basis for this.

If you bait a pbgc, it means you think they will either try to escape or try to hit you. Headbutt does fine here, bc if you practice it, you can meaty the head for the timing they return to neutral (if it hits, confirm with cr.lk; if they tried to jump forward, they get hit; if they jump back, they block and fall to the ground; if they reversal, you block; if they mash non-invulnerable buttons, they get hit and you can confirm).

In this example, point fortune is totally safe (against bella she has to jump to avoid showstopper, other character specific things, etc), from reversals. If they block the headbutt, they have to pushblock again to attempt another pbgc move, which she can also bait.[/USER]

I brought this up above in that the head itself is not a mixup. If you're doing a cLK meaty with the head, and they reversal, they will hit both you and the head. If you just do a headbutt to pressure them, then yes you can block, but if you did anything that was a real High/Low, then you are not safe from a lot of reversals. It's not like Peacock who can go for a throw/low + item and still be safe from a lot of reversals, the head will lose to a lot of things, be it sneeze or nom. BB can't escape nom, and there are a couple of others who also can't get out, but a lot of times mixup + head, even as meaty, will lose.

Thank you Lex for giving the correct numbers on Gato/Slide for me
But uhh: Hitting the head for going into Gato is +9, while doing it from Slide is at worst +1. And of course if you Headbutt you can make all options a maximum of +29

I wouldn't want to spend a bar just to lock out the assist for only 3 seconds. I would sometimes, however, do it to lock Painwheel's assists if they are troublesome enough

@cloudKing211 I guess if you're listing "mains" since I use both sides 50/50...

This. STILL.

I brought this up above in that the head itself is not a mixup. If you're doing a cLK meaty with the head, and they reversal, they will hit both you and the head. If you just do a headbutt to pressure them, then yes you can block, but if you did anything that was a real High/Low, then you are not safe from a lot of reversals.
So this is factually incorrect, and this is one of the reasons I'm skeptical people are correctly analyzing Headless...
- You can hold HP to make her not hit the head.
- Sneeze is completely invincible from frame 1 and doesn't stop if Fortune is hit.
- It's not that hard to do [HP] F,D+LK, DF+]HP[. This gives you a confirmable low, protected by an invincible DP from the head, that is safe on block, which saves Fortune from every reversal I tested except things like cinematic Lv3s or things that are invincible forever after the first hit. (If you have problems, just continue to hold LK so you don't negative-edge a Fiber).
- You can do meaty IAD j.LK and the same thing.

Also, being able to launch and jump on block is HUGE. It allows you to instantly be safe vs PBGCs and include IADs in blockstrings. Only Dr. Doom could do this in MvC2, using a bug, and he had like the worst triangle jump ever and it was STILL amazing!

If you were going that route, could we not just Buff Headless Damage?
No. I would hope I don't have to explain beyond that. :^P

Fortune Overhead is already safe (wiki says + but Zid says -3?) on block FWIW.
Game says -3 btw.

caio is both a good headless player and has immense knowledge of it
Might be true, but he played me head on too...

uhh from the time i was using Head off with Parasoul lets just say I made a lot of people switch off their mains to counterpick
I was a head off user lol

Essay time

I personally think headless pressure is perfectly fine as is. Delayed slide pressure when the head is within headbutt or slide range is nice. Corner mixups that involve using the head to pull the opponent out of the corner are nice but also extremely risky because that involves putting Fortune in the corner with her head. That goes back to the damage argument which I personally have no real opinion on. Using snap on the head is very much not a free option for locking out an assist since it costs a bar. Painwheel can also easily cancel flight to block that on reaction so that doesn't really help in that matchup. As for head-on with assists vs headless... I just happen to use Hairball and Butcher's Blade which work pretty well in juggling the head for extra pressure so I can't comment on that.

My biggest issue with headless is how easy it is for opponents to jump and avoid the head. I tried out a lot of the headless resets from Skippymcyay's video and scrapped a good number of them (the midscreen side-switch ones especially) because they were beaten by just holding upback as the head would completely miss the opponent by the time Fortune got in position to actually do any sort of mixup. That at least can be solved by coming up with different setups, going for airgrabs/calling out airgrab tech attempts, or just calling the head early enough to keep the opponent rooted to the ground (which a pushblock may or may not deal with, depending on what you're doing).

It's mainly in neutral situations where I feel this is an issue. Unless I'm facing Parasoul, Peacock, or Squigly, I never really feel like the head is giving me that much more ground control. Fukua can jump and still apply fireball pressure towards the body or the head, Painwheel is flying, Filia, Valentine, and Eliza want to be in the air moving towards Fortune regardless....

Fortune in neutral either wants to keep the opponent grounded along with herself, or stay in an aerial position above her opponent because those are where her moves are most effective. Head-on can't force this without assists, headless on its own doesn't do this well enough since there are (no longer) any ways for the head to catch jumps from the opponent. Sneeze is an option when the head is close enough to the opponent, but it also sends the head into a fairly lengthy cooldown. Additionally, Sneeze (as well as Headbutt and Zoom) on block sends the opponent TOWARD the ground so even if they block it while in the air, they can quickly get back into the air without having to worry about the head taking action for a bit. Headbutt and Zoom don't really have the hitboxes to prevent the opponent from jumping in the first place coupled with the time it takes for headless moves to become active. Even if they hit while the opponent is on the way down, it goes back to my earlier point of how the opponent is sent towards the ground. Granted, I don't know if there are any moves in Skullgirls that send the opponent moving up a bit or floats them in the air for a moment on block aside from multi-hit moves. Tried looking for some but couldn't find any.

All that said... I'm not sure if headless moves should be able to outright hit opponents trying to upback like what used to be the case, but if Sneeze/Headbutt/Zoom either kept opponents floating in the air for a bit longer on block or knocked them upwards in addition with Headbutt/Zoom having slightly better hitboxes for catching opponents jumping up or coming down, I feel like that could go a decent way in helping Headless feel less like a liability and more like a character who trades in defensive options, meterless damage, and a faster airdash in exchange for insane corner pressure and a better way to control neutral to play the game she wants to play.

Additionally, this is more of a quality of life issue and less of a balance issue, but there are times when I try to input Headbutt and block right after hitting HP and I'll get Zoom instead. I can't tell if it's negative edge messing with this because the input display doesn't tell me if I'm still holding back by the time the HP is actually released or if there's any other sort of buffer involved, but this has caused issues for me a good number of times.

Well, how often is Zoom away from the opponent used? I could easily make it like the assist and switch Zoom to D+HP and make it seek...

Reactions: hilaryyy
Switching it to D+HP would be nice. There are times where I want to Zoom away from the opponent so I can have Fortune kick the head back towards the opponent, so having it seek could ruin that if the head is close to opponent but not behind them, or when the opponent is incoming.

When are we going to have such fleshed out discussions about Peacock? =p
I can't contribute much to this fortune conversation except to say Bella vs fortune is freaking difficult. Stupid head.

So, @Swiftfox-Dash

what exactly does peacock lack or need?

What calls a warrant for an adjustment?
I listed most of her shortcomings a few pages ago but I can get into then again. Sadly I'm at work and on break so can't get into it much until I get home.

I listed most of her shortcomings a few pages ago but I can get into then again. Sadly I'm at work and on break so can't get into it much until I get home.
Listing her shortcomings without acknowledging her strengths doesn't help, though. If she went down to regular damage range then it's somewhat more relevant? She's heavily tipped toward risk/reward as it is. I'm up for improving c.LK as AA and c.MP as a confirm but like...that's about it?

As for discussions I'd LIKE to have...I want to rework Beo's hype completely so that it becomes a more key gameplay thing. I guess I'd like him to be more like HOS...?
Random ideas, none of which require new art:
- If you've used hype anywhere in a combo, as long as you started with full, on a kill you can get the pin. (gonna happen)
-- Pin on middle character deaths? :^S
- Allow him to pin from Diving Wulfdog also.
- All slams generate hype, those on chairs generate more.
-- Taunt gives...2 levels?
-- Increase hype generation from [s.LP]
- Allow him to pick up from Moonsault with hype use.
- Allow him to chain off all grab finishers except chair dance, inside or outside of Airwulf, with hype use. (Killa, Press, etc.) Chaining scales damage.
- Allow grab finishers to be supercancelled with hype use?
- Improve Wulfamania by giving you 2x hype uses during it.
- Extra Blitzer redirects (5?) with hype use, or choosing to air recover to neutral after non-grounded Blitzer redirects with hype use.
- Chair recall for 1 bar and 1 hype.
- Super taunt?

Although realistically I'd also like to:
- Remove corner crossups after Press (kinda already done)
- Reduce overall damage slightly so that hype use helps more...

Last edited:
This is the main one I was thinking of, but maybe more hype rather than bar? (Long recovery or something has to be backed by an assist or you're dead?)

All the listed changes make him sound more finished and fun and it would be cool to play with / play against thoes mechanics rather than always having access to insane meterless damage > HDK > guess, while he ignores hype.

Please don't change Zoom to track the opponent. I have plenty of situations where I want to Zoom away from the oppoenent (whether the head is in front or behind the opponent) and I feel like this would only limit headless. I also have the same problems as Khaos does with it, but I'll deal.

Though I don't see why I would ever really want to go headless against Peaocock unless the head's already behind her or I CSF'd into the corner

Reactions: Shuffleupagus
If you've used hype anywhere in a combo, as long as you started with full, on a kill you can get the pin. (gonna happen)
everyone learn your mike drop combos

edit: oops I read that wrong
thought it read that any combos that gain any hype get the penguin

- If you've used hype anywhere in a combo, as long as you started with full, on a kill you can get the pin. (gonna happen)
I agree with this. If you get the hype, I believe you should be able to use it for meeting basically the same conditions.
-- Pin on middle character deaths? :^S
ONLY if it freezes the timer.
- Allow him to pin from Diving Wulfdog also.
Yes. I mean, you can still go into Slam from it, so I don't see why not
- All slams generate hype, those on chairs generate more.
He's already getting his chair back, does he want to gain even more from that?
-- Taunt gives...2 levels?
Maybe... I see no reason to just taunt on incoming, you still get a setup. And it's not hard to get it fullscreen, but it might still be good if he becomes more Hype reliant.
-- Increase hype generation from [s.LP]
Only if taunt does gain 2 levels? I feel it's fine the amount it currently builds
- Allow him to pick up from Moonsault with hype use.
Probably only if he gets another grab finisher instead of headbutts/knees
- Allow him to chain off all grab finishers except chair dance, inside or outside of Airwulf, with hype use. (Killa, Press, etc.) Chaining scales damage.
I feel like this should stick to only supers
- Allow grab finishers to be supercancelled with hype use?
I'd like to test it to see if it's fine. Right now, I'm neutral about this
- Extra Blitzer redirects (5?) with hype use, or choosing to air recover to neutral after non-grounded Blitzer redirects with hype use.
NO

Using his chairless timeout pose? I'd be okay with this as long as it's a long enough animation where he doesn't get a really meaty setup from a HKD but still be +
- Super taunt?
ala Dan and gain nothing from it?

Last edited:
Random ideas, none of which require new art:

All those ideas make hype so much easier to get, which I'm iffy about. In my opinion, the actual gaining of the hype is fine as it is.

As for Beowulf's damage, the most I can in one combo is about 7300 with no meter. If I used a super, in the current state of the game, it would only bring it up to maybe 7800. Beowulf doesn't have good finishing supers, so doing the supers at the end of a combo barely increases damage. I think that it would be interesting to have, if hype is available, to make the throws in airwulf deal a set amount of damage that ignores scaling.

The blitzer idea sounds wonky, and I'm not interested in seeing that in the game, lol.

Maybe Wulfamania could be 2 meter??? It is a super that is completely dependent on hype, after all.

All those ideas make hype so much easier to get, which I'm iffy about. In my opinion, the actual gaining of the hype is fine as it is.

As for Beowulf's damage, the most I can in one combo is about 7300 with no meter. If I used a super, in the current state of the game, it would only bring it up to maybe 7800. Beowulf doesn't have good finishing supers, so doing the supers at the end of a combo barely increases damage. I think that it would be interesting to have, if hype is available, to make the throws in airwulf deal a set amount of damage that ignores scaling.

The blitzer idea sounds wonky, and I'm not interested in seeing that in the game, lol.

Maybe Wulfamania could be 2 meter??? It is a super that is completely dependent on hype, after all.
Last thing he needs is more damage, try doing arm after the first air string.

I also think Beo needs more uses for hype instead of more ways to gain it.

I kinda want to touch on M soldier changes. I honestly felt like it was fine in retail and the only real issue was that it doesn't block beams. However, i don't think it needs to. If robo shoots a L beam and i dash jump i get in if I soldier i get hit. Now I can soldier all her projectiles? Seems kinda messed up. I always felt like beam was special and it deserves to go through soldier. After all, soldier doesn't block assist hits if they hit parasoul on the same frame why should beam lose that?

edit: I'm all for keeping the other change that allows it to block multi projectiles on the same frame.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I kinda want to touch on M soldier changes. I honestly felt like it was fine in retail and the only real issue was that it doesn't block beams. However, i don't think it needs to. If robo shoots a L beam and i dash jump i get in if I soldier i get hit. Now I can soldier all her projectiles? Seems kinda messed up. I always felt like beam was special and it deserves to go through soldier. After all, soldier doesn't block assist hits if they hit parasoul on the same frame why should beam lose that?

edit: I'm all for keeping the other change that allows it to block multi projectiles on the same frame.
Solider was meant to stop projectiles from vanilla days. Think of this more as a "fix" than a buff.

Maybe rather than him have such high meterless damage outright, you give combo benefits based on hype levels. Such as:
2 levels: grab kicks and punches, as well as maybe blitzer only add undizzy once
3 levels: grab kicks and punches, as well as blitzer (?) Count as 1 hit towards scaling?

Sounds weird and powerful, but a good reward for using his main mechanic

Just played big band assist with armor and Fukua couldn't break it :(

I used to predict or counter with low shadow but now I got nothing

Listing her shortcomings without acknowledging her strengths doesn't help, though. If she went down to regular damage range then it's somewhat more relevant? She's heavily tipped toward risk/reward as it is. I'm up for improving c.LK as AA and c.MP as a confirm but like...that's about it?

Well I mean technically I did mention her strengths in my post before, granted I didn't get too detailed with them as much as the shortcomings. And yes she is quite the high risk/reward character. Risk being once someone gets on you, you just pretty much die as she has bad defense, no way to DHC out reliably and such. And reward being strong meter game and high damage potential with good neutral. The meter gain is quite useful and one of her most shining aspects, but while her damage is strong, it's overshadowed by how difficult it is to land hits in the first place. I mean you can land HP bang from full screen and spend two bars for 7K damage but it doesn't feel worth it most of the time.

Sage said it well on twitter before, she has a habit of spending resources for little results. She has good damage on hit but can't land hits all while her zoning is only decent. She tends to struggle against most of the cast and can't effectively zone against anyone that isn't Squigly/Painwheel and doesn't have assists like H brass. Maybe losing a bit of damage would be worth it if she got certain things like an air light that isn't the slowest in the game or better zoning among other things.